skybytch

Jump a newbie this weekend

Hey all you experienced jumpers, I'm challenging you. Twice.

Challenge #1 -

This weekend find someone with 100 jumps or less and make at least one fun jump with them. Pay for your slot. Do something fun - different exit, rodeo etc. - and keep it no pressure.

Include them in your post-sunset activities as well.

Challenge #2 -

Make a committment to "bring up" one new jumper this season/year. Be this person's skydiving mentor - give them your phone number, jump with them on a regular basis, be available to answer questions, teach and coach (if you have the knowledge/ability to do so), hang out with them at the dz, etc.

Who's up for it?

I think this is a great idea! just wish more skydivers did this and made an effort to include more people especially low timers.

I personally love jumping with low timeskydivers, and in my limited 230ish (so far) time jumping i've done a first 2-way with 3 separate people, and all of them were awesome skydives, just having fun and playing about.

I'll always remember my first 2-way and I get a kick out of introducing people to something new.

I reccomend everyone do this, go make a low timers day, and have great fun doing it!!

Jump a newbie this weekend

Now that sounds like a fine idea!;) I think I will. Looking for one about 5' 6", 20 yrs old, brunette, brown eyes. I'll definitely jump her.

In all seriousness, I've done video for newbies doing a 2 way or 3 way and fired it down for them. In a lot of cases its the first time they get video of themselves other than a tandem. I wish I felt I could offer more as a coach, but I enjoy the enthusiasm of newbies.

Now....about that brunette.......;)

Blues,
Nathan
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

Who's up for it?

Who's up for it? I already do it. That's how I was brought up to be in skydiving, that's what Doc Stewart (my mentor) did for me and that's what I like doing for others.:)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Challenge accepted. I just spent a bunch of jumps with a newbie at ELoy.. It was fun.. and hopefully she learned some new stuff to work on. The main thing is now she is safer in the air.. and has some goals to shoot for.

I do not know everything about the sport.. but god knows whne I started jumping this was an accepted part of skydiving. My Instructor moved me on quickly to doing 4 way with him and some of his buds.. and I had less than 20 jumps ( ok so it was a LONG time ago) because they needed more people as a pool to draw on at our DZ.

If you see me at a boogie.. or at the DZ's I jump at.. come talk to me if you are a newbie.. and we can put some newbie ways together.. plus.. I almost always wear my camera helmet.. so we can see what happened during the dive.

Blue skies folks... remember.. we are having FUN here.

I'm game, although I'm not jumping this weekend, and I don't really do much freefall, so I'm guessing I probably wouldn't be much good[:/]

CReW SKies,
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Great Suggestion.

I am fortunate enough to jump at 2 different DZ`s where a low timer like myself never has a problem finding someone qualified to jump with. There are always people with 1000+ jumps willing to jump with the newbie’s. Both DZ`s have many Coach rated Jumpers that really believe in Giving back to the Sport.
My Skydiving goal for this year is to get the necessary experience and a Coach rating so that next year I will be capable of "Paying it forward".

Challenge accepted. I just spent a bunch of jumps with a newbie at ELoy.. It was fun.. and hopefully she learned some new stuff to work on. The main thing is now she is safer in the air.. and has some goals to shoot for.

Those 10 jumps were great! Jumping with Amazon rocks!

It's also nice jumping with someone who doesn't manual check that the newbie tucked their leg straps all the way in :)

I'll be at Skydive Monroe in Ga. this weekend looking for someone to jump with.As for the phone number,after the Dublin Boogie everyone has my number.

Edit to add:Great idea!!!I remember just a few short years ago when you didn't have to pay a coaches slot to have someone to jump with.

Challenge #1 -This weekend find someone with 100 jumps or less and make at least one fun jump with them.

Challenge #2 - Make a committment to "bring up" one new jumper this season/year.

#1 - most every training weekend we will take a newbie and let them fly fourth with three from our team - it's a lot of fun

#2 - Did it 4 years ago and now have a great friend and teammate out of the deal - he's one of the best jumpers at our DZ IMHO

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants