Richyb

Mr Bill on a velocity 90!!!

when packed correctley the velocity opens really softley, i had no problem in holding on. we exited out of at C206, will post video!!

The guy filming is on a velocity 84, needless to say he struggled to keep with us! B|

Ive upoaded the video at www.skydivingmovies.com, it will be there in another 10 mins.

Well, my one attempt at a Mr. Bill went like this. One jumper jumping a Manta was doing the deploying and I was hanging on. We exited off the step of the Cessna, and he pitched. The pilot chute wrapped around my foot, and since I was looking behind him as saw that, I pushed off him and kicked the pilot chute off. Needless to say, that could of been really nasty.

The forces generated when a canopy opens are great.

Minimal forces are generated when you open a modern canopy after a one second delay out of a slow flying otter.

Granted, when people use really big, slower opening canopies, you can get away with it, but even then if the opening is fast, you could be killed or seriously hurt.

Modern skydiving canopies open plenty slowly regardless of size. I would (did) do a Mr Bill under a Stiletto 120 (exit weight might have been 350 pounds) before I'd do one under one of my 245 square foot F111 seven cells (won't).

dont be daft......theres no rule that says this is illegal in BPA or USPA, its far less dangerous than base jumping in my opinion.

If both parties accept the risk then its their choice as long as they dont endanger anybody else......which we didnt. We where the last 3 out and the last 3 to land.

Shoulda landed it... that'd be real cool. Just have Mr. Bill deploy during the swoop to slow you down like a dragster. Or arrester cables... B|

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

There were some pics from a couple years back of someone doing it on a smaller canopy than a velo90...think it was a 60ish in size. I believe sluggo had a third canopy just in case.

If you need to ask "Why" then you really need to sit down and think about doing such things, and calculate the risks versus the rewards. I think most people of sound judgement would tell you that the risks outweight the rewards by far.

I think most people of sound judgement would tell you that jumping out of a plane is stupid and that the risks outweigh the rewards by far. But we still do it. 'Coz we like it, and for us the rewards are worth the risks.

Stones, glasshouses, and all that :P.

Fully sick lol!!

My Mr bill was on a BT PRO SERIES 120 with a LOOONG snivel, towards the end of the lines. ANYONE who calls this canopy a Blue Smack can't pack for SHIT!

Our wingloading then was around the 3.7 mark and the hangee got all woosy and let go about 2 mins after the opening ;)

Oh, and for those that are saying "stupid" etc - PARACHUTING IS DANGEROUS! LMFAO!

-BSBD! -M.

"A Scar is just a Tattoo with a story!!!"