patrickweldon

The WFFC Thief.

And the answer to the question someone is bound to ask is: yes, on meds he should be perfectly fine to skydive or anything else he would like to do.

These being the meds he's demonstrated a disinclination towards taking?

(from personal acaquantances, I'm familiar with the reasons one might not want to take these rather potent drugs - the cure isn't always a lot better than the disease)

Reply in nobody in particular:

I've got mixed feelings about this, I dont want people on my DZ that take other peoples shit, but leave his websites alone, leave them out of it. You guys slam his store, I cant believe that nobody has looked at it for what it is, which is one of those MLM Run Your Own Business schemes... He's not selling stolen stuff on the website. To put comments that he would sell stolen stuff in his guest book is just f*cked up. You (and I) may not want someone who takes shit hanging out at our home DZs, but we should still be able to respect the person that he really is, which is not the person that some illness may make him out to be... From what I've seen from previous posts here, I get the impression that he really has a sencere heart, he's just a little sick. Sorry if I just sounded confusing, but lets let the people who are paid to take care of this stuff take care of it.. Atleast until he comes to your DZ and you decide that you have a problem with it.. Lucky for him, it sounds like he does have some really good friends at his home DZ. I really hope that he can continue to find a place to do what he loves to do and feel welcome. Like I said, I'm full of mixed feelings here..

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.

Like I said, I'm full of mixed feelings here..

I'm with you on that one Nate...

After reading all of the post both 'hang him' & 'forgive him' I can say I've re thought my original
feelings.

If he's sick...he's sick...

On the other hand, if I caught him with a pocket full of MY money...I just don't know.

I guess things like this aren't as 'black & white' as I perhaps I thought they were at first.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

And the answer to the question someone is bound to ask is: yes, on meds he should be perfectly fine to skydive or anything else he would like to do.

These being the meds he's demonstrated a disinclination towards taking?

It isn't always because of failure to take the meds.
The drugs used to treat certain mental illnesses, especially schizophrenia, can have serious physical side effects, so different combinations of drugs are given a trial to determine their efficacy. Sometimes the outcome of such trials is unexpected and unfortunate.

Y'know...some of you want to bury this guy. And I guess that's okay, because it takes all kinds to make a world. Me, I have issues with substance abusers and the personality-disordered (those who lack empathy), and I don't cut them any slack; as a survival strategy, I just try very hard to cut them out of my life. On the other hand, I see most of them as having a choice.

But this guy didn't have a choice. He didn't ask to have a mental illness, he has apparently tried to live as normal a life as possible, and now, because he had a problem with his meds--one that he may never have again--he is being written off for worthless.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

Sorry that this is a little off topic everyone... but does anyone know just who the hell this guy/gal is? lol

I mean so dramatic with the: <> it's laughable.

But mainly, I'm wondering just how much time he/she must have spent jumping at no dropzone entered to understand us so well!

I love how skydivers feel they operate on a ethical mountain. Then when something happens, they want blood, but would proably never have the nerve to say it to someones face unless they have a hundred people backing them up.

Didn't anyone ever tell you it isn't nice to generalize? In defending a paranoid schizophrenic theif (thief - confirmed, paranoid schizophreniac - alleged), you insult an entire sub-culture of people you do not know. Maybe it's wise you haven't filled out your profile since registering today and making 5 posts.

I think you should re-evaluate bortha... or sista?... whateva.

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

And yes, I've known him very well for over 3 years. So when I say his actions aren't indicitive to who he is. Im speaking from personal experience. And his actions were a complete shock to me. He was always a very nice person whose integrity was undisputable. I also know Lara and newpassion to fly. Ive known her for 7 years, and she is fiercely loyal to friends. That is why I want her in a foxhole with me if I was under attacik

SOrry i dont spend all my time making posts goose.

No problem, you seem to be trying to make up for it. :|

I may have chuckled at the foxhole comment but it's quite a stretch to say I was attacking you... a laughable one, shall we say? :D

This small furry of posting has addressed your name and DZ... but not the comment that "skydivers feel they operate on a ethical mountain" or that we "want blood, but would proably never have the nerve to say it to someones face unless they have a hundred people backing us up."

So again, in defending a thief, you insult an entire culture and you feel we are injust?

You'll find that when somebody posts something here with a blank profile, they will be asked who they are. I originally thought I saw that you had registered TODAY and made 5 posts... which, with a blank profile, would lead us to question your motives.

I corrected myself on the registration date. You seem to be missing my point. I don't care how much or how little you post.

Skydivers, last time I checked, were humans too. I will state my simple point once more and add "human" to keep it clear for ya.

In defending a human thief, you insult an entire human sub-culture whom you do not know. And you think us unjust?

My comments are made exclusively about the postings Ive read. Things like" i dont care what his sickness is" "he'll be 6 ft under" I think if someone jsut landed on this site and read those comments, they would assume that skydivers are judgemental and have no compasion for others. sometimes people do things they would have never done before. The question has to be why. And goose, if you'd like to go further, you can send me a private message without the audience

I think comparing him to a rapist is going way overboard to prove a point. my original posting was just to tell newpassion2fly and lara that I find it admirable that they will give their opinions, even though it obviously goes against what everyone else is saying. That being said, I know that most skydivers are very compasionate people. I take offense that someone would dismiss something I said to a good friend of mine as 'laughable' Thats all.

I think if someone jsut landed on this site and read those comments, they would assume that skydivers are judgemental and have no compasion for others.

And if they read yours?

Only people who generalize and take the words of a few human skydivers to be the general conventionality of all human skydivers would assume that. And I leave them to their prejudices. When they post such blatantly narrow-minded blanket statements about the entire collective of skydivers however, they will be told to re-evaluate.

Wow, lots here.

1 - If he's a thief, then that's his actions. Get the stuff back, actions need to happen to ensure he doesn't steal from someone until hs behavior is modified. Nothing personal, he's a threat to repeat illegal behavior.

2 - Separate issue from his "actions" is his condition. Needs to get treatment, maybe help to get him treated. This is good because if he's successfully treated, then #1 above (incarceration, observation, or whatever) can be temporary and he can lead a more 'normal' life without stealing from those that deserve protection from his actions.

Let's hope both things happen, and both are effective.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I think comparing him to a rapist is going way overboard to prove a point.

Why? All the compassionate reasoning for defending the offender are the same. He was sick, he couldn't control himself, he must feel bad enough for what he did now that he's back on the meds...