patrickweldon

The WFFC Thief.

Has everyone gone to his website and signed his guest book?
I imagine my reply will be deleted soon.

Though his friends should make fellow buyers aware that he his sick and is a thief, so maybe they should do the same and write the warning on his guest book. Or maybe the friends are thiefs as well as they seem to let him continue doing hurrican scams on the internet.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

[

What is the current legal status of this situation? What happened after the police took him away? Has he been charged with a crime? I am interested in how all this is playing out in the legal system. Is there anyone from Rantoul, or the WFFC staff that can shed light on this?

There are some additional issues that bear looking into. This young man has a web site where he sells electronic gear and holds auctions. It even makes the claim “If we don’t have it, we will get it just ask.” He also has a thread on these forums with links to aid for Hurricane Katrina victims. His postings stopped abruptly when someone posted “Don’t I remember you from the WFFC?” Some have suggested that he might be using his web site to fence stolen property. There are also plenty of hurricane relief scams going around. There is no proof of this, and I am not accusing at this point, but boy, it sure makes you go “hmmmmm” given his demonstrated behavior. This may be worth investigating further.

-------------------------------------------------------
Arrest and conviction records are public info-but you'll need name and dob; otherwise it's hunt it down in person by date.

Also; I have run into shoplifters that I would consider really ill, but they just had a bunch of stolen stuff piled up at home. They didn't actively try to sell and make a profit from it; when it turns to that it's a lot more.....
You may not be able to obtain much detailed info on an active investigation-I'm can assure you that if we arrested this guy, search warrants for home/computer etc. would be applied for; and when stolen credit cards/forgery/fraud become involved it takes a lot of work to put it all together for a good case. A lot of stones to be turned over......

This is bullshit. This thread is about something that happened at Rantoul. Why doesn't everyone but out of this kid's personal life (stop harrassing him on his own website), keep the posts clean and where they belong (this website) and in response to "maybe his friends are the thieves" ...give me a break.

Did any of you guys ever play the telephone game when you were kids?

Let me demonstrate:

"I think that kid over there stole some stuff. Pass it on"

"That kid is a stealing loser. Pass it on"

"That kid stole my friends wallet and jump tickets and is now crying on the floor in the fetal position to the cops. Pass it on"

Get it???

So maybe the kid fucked up, but who knows how bad??? Obviously no one here can confirm.

CDR, you are full of it too. I do not believe for a second that you know the facts and that you witnessed him stealing. For all you know, your friends who thought they were stolen from probably found those things later and felt like asses for accusing Erik. Not one person here can say for sure what happened, so I suggest that maybe we go back and read the post from Swampgod and give him a round of applause for being the only one here to post rationally.

newpassion,

You can believe what you want, it sounds like you weren't there, just like most people posting here. If you don't believe me, ask Orlando who posted the original message in the Spanish forum, or Snowhite who worked at manifest.

It is interesting also that people read what they want to. You just proved your point about the telephone game. I never said I saw him take anything. I did see him going through piles of gear at one point, though, and leave quickly when confronted. I also know what I saw with my own eyes, which was the young man being lead away by police and convention security, and friends who later had jump tickets and other items returned which were in his possession.

At this point there is very little useful info coming from this thread. Those who want to blindly defend the man without knowing the facts are just as bad as those who want to threaten the man without knowing the facts. I just don't want him at any DZ I am at and don't want other skydivers victimized by him.

CDR

friends who later had jump tickets and other items returned which were in his possession.

It sounds like everyone got their stuff back. That's good.

Those who want to blindly defend the man without knowing the facts are just as bad as those who want to threaten the man without knowing the facts. I just don't want him at any DZ I am at and don't want other skydivers victimized by him.

I don't think anyone is blindly defending him, nor do I think anyone has said that stealing is okay.

I think the point is that this is a case in which there appears to be an extenuating circumstance, and if that is true, then it might be reasonable to take that into account.

In addition, if the various suppositions about his illness are true, and he is just like the rest of us when on his meds, then total ostracism forevermore seems a little over the top.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit.

I never said that he didn't steal shit. My point is that this has gone way too far. If we need to make the skydiving community aware of a thief, that is one thing, but the more posting that takes place the more people begin to assume and the rumors start flying.

Why is it that we have to bother the kid on his own website?? On top of dealing with the authorities he has to deal with random people sending him harrassing emails or signing his guestbook. Not to mention if the guy is back on his meds he is probably dealing with guilt. Who knows. I just think the point has been made. There is a thief. Keep your eyes out. What your shit. Enough.

And, if you don't want to be on the same DZ as him, I suggest not going to his home DZ....

Snowhite who worked at manifest.

Beth doesn't work manifest;) She does tons of stuff at WFFC, but manifest isn't one of them.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

You wanna talk maturity? Need I remind you of your high school tactics??

If you don't believe me, ask Orlando who posted the original message in the Spanish forum, or Snowhite who worked at manifest.

-
or
-
"Suzie said that Joey told her that Mike was going to ask Betty to the prom."

My point exactly.

Listen, I'm not here to personally attack you. I am only posting here to show people how this has gotten way out of hand. Like I already said....sure go ahead and keep people informed. Let everyone know he has done something bad, but keep it at that. Don't be going onto his website just because you want to harrass some guy you don't like.

I'm sure that YOU have done something at one time or another in your life that you are not proud of...
How 'bout we start a new thread on whatever that topic is?

Whether or not you have listened or understood, I've made my point and on that note, I am done here.

Blueskies to all and to all - go buy a pad lock.

To respond, he suffers from paranoid schitzofrenia. The person he is now, is not the person he was. He is medicated, but the medication makes it very difficult to live a normal life. Im glad everyone on this forum are such perfect people, and can put themselves in other peoples shoes so easily. Secondly, its good to see how brave people are to make thinly veiled threats against somone who can respond, and due to size and strenth, couldnt defend himself any way. Tim(boston)

Hey Lara, its tim. Much respect for you speaking out. You didnt defend him, but you did in a way. Its good to know there are people like you who will stick by a friend and know that if someone does something that is so far from the norm for them, there must be a reason. Your an angel. Tim(boston). ps remember danielles dog crapping in the living room in Fla:ph34r:

Karma, will hit him, and i for hope i get to read about it.

So much for the whole "skydiving is a big family" thingie.:|

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Wow, i dont mean die or anything, that would be a bit sad of me. I just hope the guy gets his stealing tendencies out of him with a scare, either by the police or how ever Karma decides to punish him, even if he just stubbs his toe. He is a thief, there goes the family thing.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Danielle, your the bomb. If I was stuck in a foxhole, i would hope its with you. I love how skydivers feel they operate on a ethical mountain. Then when something happens, they want blood, but would proably never have the nerve to say it to someones face unless they have a hundred people backing them up. I know you, and I know you would say it to a hundred people with no one standing behind you. You and Lara are hard core. I love you both. One love.son

Well, he was caught stealing, and he was turned over to the proper authorities, that should take care of it. Karma wise, suffering from paranoid schitzofrenia is not a walk in the park.

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Wow, i dont mean die or anything, that would be a bit sad of me. I just hope the guy gets his stealing tendencies out of him with a scare, either by the police or how ever Karma decides to punish him, even if he just stubbs his toe. He is a thief, there goes the family thing.

What part of "he is a paranoid schizophrenic" did you not understand?

My father was diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic in the late 50s, before I was born. Although I'm not certain I agree with his diagnosis, I was around for two of his psychotic episodes, and a psychotic episode is a psychotic episode, no matter what the diagnosis.

One of my earliest memories is the night he ate the dogs' dinner because he thought the animals were going to save him.

I'm not overly fond of my father, but I have known other people with ps as well. Perfectly wonderful to be around, and many have incredible, flying minds. But when the meds aren't working, weird stuff happens, some of it frightening if you don't know what you're dealing with.

If he were in the midst of a psychotic episode, he probably didn't know that what he was doing was stealing. It probably had some very different meaning for him.

And the answer to the question someone is bound to ask is: yes, on meds he should be perfectly fine to skydive or anything else he would like to do.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

Wow, i dont mean die or anything, that would be a bit sad of me. I just hope the guy gets his stealing tendencies out of him with a scare, either by the police or how ever Karma decides to punish him, even if he just stubbs his toe.

regarding that whole "Karma, will hit him, and i for hope i get to read about it" thing....

of course some people are gonna think you meant for him to get hurt or die. we sure as hell aren't gonna read about him stubbing his toe....

i would show an equal amount of compassion for your cousin as well. BTW, maybe you could reading up on diseases in general. i would guess not everyone that has, for example, multiple personality disorder take on the same personalities (i.e., not everyone will be moe, larry and curly or batman and robin). not all folks that are bipolar will reach exactly equal levels of manic episodes and depression episodes. diseases aren't cookie cutter...especially mental disorders.