quade

On-line reaction time test

.172 For an average of 0.2

Age 32
Sex M

I actually got a .047 and a flat zero, just messing around. You can cheat and just keep tapping the buttons and it won'd disqualify you. I bet that's what someone did with that superhumanly low average.

One note though - the monitor refresh has a granularity of between 1/60th and 1/100th of a second depending on your refresh rate. This will distort your results by between 0.01s and 0.016s. The JavaScript timer is much more precise than this, so for the purposes of this test, the error is roughly around this neighbourhood (+/- 0.016s) assuming your computer is fast enough to render the changed stoplight faster than the monitor refresh (most of computers today are)

Also, CRT monitors tend to respond about 0.01s to 0.025s faster than LCD monitors since they are usually buffered graphics displays. Plus the LCD latency. These factors totalled, this adds another 0.01s to 0.03s delay to your time.

To get better times on this test, use a CRT monitor instead of LCD, and go to minimum resolution (640x480) and change your vertical refresh to 160Hz (if your card supports it). This can improve your results by as much as 0.02s to 0.04s for all the combined advantages (CRT monitor, and maximized refresh)

All tiny details, but pratically, there can be an error as much as 0.05s between results, because of the particular display used.

LOL, yes, I did, but I was doing a search for reaction times on dizzy to find out if there were any discussions on how to increase your reaction time. I am still looking for one, so if you know one, let me know.

Then I stumbled across this thread and thought I'd check my reaction time!

so there!

:P
www.sneale-create.com