BETO74

Key West Pics

Here is a shot from Skydive Key West (Tandem only). But I know you can make a jump there if you have 500 jumps, some other rules too. But it is a tight landing area and is usually windy.

Really? I thought the place was tandem-only, but crap if you can jump there with 500 jumps that gives me something to shoot for.

This past weekend actually, was the (2nd?) annual "Keys Boogie", with many jumpers from the NE flocking down to attend. It is held actually at Marathon Key, and IIRC minimum jump # / License to attend that is more like 100 (again ---??) with a B license.

I think this is what the original poster is looking for (for pictures from).
Blues,
-Grant
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

This past weekend actually, was the (2nd?) annual "Keys Boogie", with many jumpers from the NE flocking down to attend. It is held actually at Marathon Key, and IIRC minimum jump # / License to attend that is more like 100 (again ---??) with a B license.

Yeah, I was there. It's a C license requirement. It was a blast and the view(especially from the helicopter jumps) was incredible.

I was just surprised to know people could actually fun jump at the DZ that runs out near Key West, even if there are strict requirements.

A video clip of a six way RW (belly) group made the weather chanel Sunday AM. It look like fun and ws a real pretty scene.

I saw it as I was sipping a cup of coffee getting ready to head back out to the B&G meet.
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

a lot of pics are already posted on the Skydive Sebastian website.

and to answer the other questions on requirements, it was a 200 jump minimum with a C license. no wing loading requirement. had to have floatation gear.

oh yeah, and did i mentiong that THE BOOGIE FUCKIN ROCKED!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

a lot of pics are already posted on the Skydive Sebastian website.

and to answer the other questions on requirements, it was a 200 jump minimum with a C license. no wing loading requirement. had to have floatation gear.

oh yeah, and did i mentiong that THE BOOGIE FUCKIN ROCKED!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D
:D:D

Now I remember YOU! You look exactly like your avatar in person:D..and YES the Boogie ROCKED!!!!

Now I remember YOU! You look exactly like your avatar in person

hahaha, did you not realize who i was? i thought you knew who i was the whole time since you started talkin to me right when you got there. oh well, guess you're just a nice person then;)

who else has pics? i wanna see more!:D

"The Province" a local Vancouver BC area newspaper posted a picture in their rag today of a couple of wingsuiters doing their thing above the Florida Keys at this boogie. The picture shows Michael Swearingen (flying a Vampire) and Paul Mazzillo (it looks like an S3), but it's not clear on who took the picture (would it make sense if I mentioned the name Perry Trombridge) and "The Province" doesn't say much about the picture except that they titled it "On a wing and a prayer" and that the picture was taken over the Florida keys at this boogie. I searched their website this morning but couldn't find an online version of the picture. It's a cool pic and I was surprised to see some wingsuiters while I drank my morning cup of joe. But I want to make sure that they obtained this pic the proper way (I'm sure they did) and that the author is appropriately being compensated. So does this all make sense? It's kind of neat that the whuffos of the world are being shown the cool things that we do there up there in the skies.

PS: I viewed the slide show of the boogie on Skydive Sebastien website and am saddened that I missed out on all the fun. But I couldn't help but notice that there were more party pictures than there were skydiving pics. Did you guys have good weather? or were you just too partied out to be jumping a lot. :ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

The picture was taken by Perry Trowbridge, the day before I showed up for the flocks unfortunately. :) He and Norman Kent both got many other good pictures of larger flocks later on in the weekend, but this is the only one I've seen in a non-skydiving publication so far.

Perry did submit the picture and get proper credit in several places.

YAHOO NEWS

Keynoter This one also has some non-WS pics from Harry P.

I'll bet they are in other publications too.

Yes, Paul flies an S3.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Here is a shot from Skydive Key West (Tandem only). But I know you can make a jump there if you have 500 jumps, some other rules too. But it is a tight landing area and is usually windy.

Really? I thought the place was tandem-only, but crap if you can jump there with 500 jumps that gives me something to shoot for.

You can sport jump at skydive key west if you have over 500 jumps. Expect to either join a load with a tandem, or fill the whole plane with your group though. The landing area is not for the faint of heart. The landing area is not near the runway. It is in the small clearing to right side (as viewed in the photo) of the north-south road that heads to the runway off of US-1. Miss it and you are in the mangrove or the water (in the coral).

Chuck