Fleahop

Aircraft you want to see at the WFFC

Hey guys and gals I know that turbine aircraft are getting more and more common for your local DZ's to have; so I wonder what type of aircraft would you like to see at the WFFC 2007? I can't make promises but I would like to here your thoughts.
Don't just knock on deaths door...Kick it down and run like hell! He hates that.

I can't make promises but I would like to here your thoughts.

Who are you?

Yup, just what I thought. Are you involved with WFFC in PR? Or just a local?
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I am but a simple pilot that flys the inverted Bi-plane at the WFFC and I work hand in hand with the FAA to make things happen for the WFFC when it comes to the aircraft that are there and the airspace that we fly & fall through.
Don't just knock on deaths door...Kick it down and run like hell! He hates that.

I am but a simple pilot that flys the inverted Bi-plane at the WFFC and I work hand in hand with the FAA to make things happen for the WFFC when it comes to the aircraft that are there and the airspace that we fly & fall through.

Great to know, thanks. If you fill in your profile and introduce yourself, people might reply back to you;)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Not to familiar with the ins and outs of DZ.com yet or the in's and outs of this computer. But with peoples help like yours I will figure it out. I want to see another great convention like we had in 99 not to say that they all aren't good but that one really stands out.

I don't know much about those but I am looking for a AN 2 that is in standard or restricted catagory if you or anyone knows of one. I heard there was one in north Fla but can't find it.

If you are serious... Rod and his Bell 412 at the min. The Perris jet should be on line be then so thats a gimmie too. Large aircraft like the C-130 just don't work since it takes so many people to get a load organized and they don't want to fly the plane in just for 2 loads. If you could get a Turbine DC3 that would be very cool and about the largest you would want to go. Other realistic planes? The Knights Folker would be the shinitz to jump. ;)
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Yes I'm serious. I spent the weekend at the races with Rod just this past weekend. He and I are working together to develope an acceptable low level run for both the FAA and the skydivers. Who has a turbine DC 3? I want a blimp if any one knows some one I can call. As for the jet it's looking very strong. Perris has little to do to be complete but the red tape is tough and the sissors are small.

Not a B-52, but I jumped a B-25 and while the rest went out the bomb bay I went out the back from the tail gunner's position. After I landed it was just another jump.

What I did get off on was sitting back there on the way to altitude channeling all the courageous men who gave their lives in this type of aircraft. I closed my eyes to say my thanks as the two Wright R-2600s engines rumbled up my spine.

Suddenly, I was over some ball bearing plant in Germany and the flack was so thick you could walk on it. To add to the effect we hit some good turbulence just as the pilot rang a really loud bail out bell. We were hit! I could actually smell the smoke and the flames are licking their way down the fuselage toward my position. I shimmied out and dropped away watching the others come out the belly. My mind is screaming, "Come on, you guys, get out of there . . . !"

I flipped over and deployed knowing, for sure, this meant Stalag-17 for the duration for me. I wondered would I ever see my parents or my girlfriend again. What would become of me?

Then, out of the haze, Lake Elsinore appeared below me and my journey back in time was over. It was the best thirty five dollars I ever spent . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

B-17 or other aircraft of historical significance would be really cool and worth the extra money IMHO. I never got to jump from a C-130 in the military so that would be pretty sweet... aside from those other antique planes would be interesting. Maybe they could actally get a PAC to show up next year, that'd be nice... Too bad we can't borrow opfor planes from the military, they have some really interesting eastern-bloc cold-war era stuff around.
NSCR-2376, SCR-15080

cool story. How many jumpers did the B-25 hold? I know a man that owns one but I think it is in experimental catagory

There were 3 crew members and 5 jumpers when I did it. I'm 5'7" 150lbs and squeezing out the bomb bay door was scary, for those of you over 6' or 200lbs I'd try and see if you can get out of it on the ground before your in the air.

>but I jumped a B-25 . . .

When I jumped the B-17 at Quincy, one of the best parts was sitting on the edge of the navigator's dome. They had removed the window, and another jumper helped me clamber up to the edge. There I sat, with Quincy rolling by beneath me, those massive engines pounding the air on both sides of me, and the 90F air rushing by me trying to peel me off the top. Was a most excellent seat.

The second best part was watching the woman in front of me set up for her exit. She had wangled a free jump out of the pilot by promising to jump nude. Not as authentic experience as yours, but it had other benefits.

1st off, welcome to dropzone.com, Fleahop. To those doubters, yes, he's for real. If you want something done with the FAA, Flea here is your best, if not only, bet.

Man I would love to see Fat Annie come back this year, but i just don't see it happening. Sitting in that door from 1200 feet to altitude completing "in flight repairs" was pretty damn cold, but I tell ya, it was the best seat in the house. (Not to mention the satisfaction I felt, keeping her from trying to tear herself apart from the inside out...) We need to remember more duct tape next time though... If she comes back, I look forward to jumpmastering more loads. All my directed loads landed on the airport. :D:ph34r:

Of course, the Jet, and any other jets that you can get.... 727....

A blimp would be a cool re-addition for a year, though I bet the Air Bosses wouldn't be too thrilled about it. Family Channel flashbacks...

How about an Antonov 28, a Turbine C-47, a Dornier G92, an Islander, a Nomad, a TurboLet 410, or even a Beaver?
These may not be "Specialty" planes to our visitors from overseas, but that's because that's where they are from! Regular jump aircraft from over in, say, Britian and Norway are specialties to us.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Forget the AN2 its a piece of crap and very slow climber. Try for an AN28, fast tailgate.

Or like Rev Jim suggested some popular European jumplanes like the LET 410. It's an awesome aircraft.

forget the AN-2 get the The Russian Antonov AN-225