flyinghonu

Hop n' Pops

I voted "only for requirement", but it is not entirely true. I have only done two "real" hop n' pops - one from 4K for license and the x-country at the Eloy Boogie. Would like to do more when the opportunity presents itself (e.g. low ceiling).

hallo lisamarie...im trying to think of a way not invoke the wrath here...coming up blank right now...

better just own up: yes it was done on purpose. B|

probably the only piece of information that's also relevant, that you should know, is that there is no AAD in my rig.
Does whisky count as beer? - Homer
There's no justice like angry mob justice. - Skinner
Be careful. There's a limited future in low pulls - JohnMitchell

when the ceiling is low, i'll gladly take a hop n pop.

when the checking account is low (24/7), i'll gladly take a hop n pop.

and when it's my birthday, i'll go and do something stupid like...

my local is a small cessna dz with a slow climbing 206. add a highly loaded VX. I do tons of hop n pops. we even have a swoop special. all six get out in one pass at 3000 ft max. very affordable...

rm

*** Jumpsuit - forget it
Goggles - optional
Dirt dive - nada
Long plane ride (more than 5 min) - nope
Trafficy LZ - zippo
High ticket price - no sir
Freefall performance anxiety - not gonna happen
Feezing at 13K - not so freezing at 4k

Did I miss anything?

all by your self on the packing mat

At Skydive Houston, they offer a 5k Hop 'n Pop jump for $12. It's a climbing pass whereby the plane doesn't level off or throttle back. But the more speed the better, for me.

Is this out of the Otter? For safety, I hope so. Any plane with a rear door and a low tail can be hazardous for a jumper exiting at climb attitude with ful power. More than one person has hit their head on the horizontal stabilizer, some with fatal results.

Why would you do that? Okay you were what in the saddle at 1100 ft right, so you deployed at 1600 ft ish ? So if you would have had a mal what altitude do you think you would have been cut away and under your reserve by? What was your personal reason to do this?

this just confuses me becasue of your jump numbers and the fact that you are proud, or else you would not have considered it a special bday jump and taken a pic. I hope in the future you are more careful... If you pound in skydiving, your not the only one affected, and its not fair of you to be so careless .... I get disappointed when I see stuff like this. Im pleased that all went well though
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

Well, I learned on static line so no I'm not afraid of hop n' pops at all. I suppose I met the license requirement when I did my my first live pull. I haven't done one since but don't believe I would have any problem with it.
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

At my DZ, a H&P may be the only load that you can make. I love it. I jump for my own satisfaction, so trailing a tandem and sharing (from a distance) there first first jump keeps the excitement up. I love landing and hearinga tandem say "I saw you over ther, and I saw you wave at me" makes me remembetr why I made my first jump
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

But not typically available around here

Not true. Lodi has H&P's for $5 to 3K or $8 to 5K.
There are many done a week long.

oooh, I never knew there was a 5k option. That's a pretty attractive option to me. I presume Bill can do either the 3k or the 5k pass on a given load?

thanks, Ed.

I do them if I'm bored and the cloud ceiling is too low for freefall and I've been sitting all day. It's an hour and 45 minute drive home and I'd rather get a jump in than go home feeling empty. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

hi lisamarie. pm sent.

airtwardo - that's first dibbs. given the rate of failure among the wonders these days, i assume there will be people wanting seconds, and thirds, and so on. i'll get a spreadsheet to keep track. :D;)
Does whisky count as beer? - Homer
There's no justice like angry mob justice. - Skinner
Be careful. There's a limited future in low pulls - JohnMitchell