freeflyit

Some dropzones suck

Dude, you know when it was said that "I always listen to 96 jump wonders", you guys meant that I have no input at all because I'm not even close to your level. And I have to agree with you about the part where in every generation there are killer skydivers. Just because you have a lot of jumps doesn't make you one. I "worked" if u can call it that at a dropzone as a packer, and there was a load in the air the whole time as long as I can remember if the weather was jumpable. Those guys are completely dedicated and taught me a lot about how you have to love the spot to be able to do it. The dropzone I was describing it was like they just didn't care and I got the feeling that these guys don't deserve to even operate one. And hence the post...some dropzones suck.

>> just cuz I'm shy of a hundred I have no idea what I'm talking about.<<
Compared to him, you do not. When I had 100 jumps, I thought people with thousands of jumps who disagreed with me were idiots. As you get more, you'll realize how mistaken that idea is.

>> It's stuff like that, that holds this sport back. <<

And it's attitudes like yours that explain why we as a group make the same mistakes over and over, losing good people to the same mistakes over and over.

>>The new generation of skydivers is a hell of a lot better then the last.<<

But it does not posess the wisdom of the last. Skill and wisdom are different.

>>why would you run a dropzone that doesn't drop? <<

DZOs and DZ managers (people who run dropzones) have little control over how many people manifest and pay. If they did, many more skydives would get made.

EDITED to ADD: Oh, and yeah, some dropzones do suck.

Brent

----------------------------------
www.jumpelvis.com

The new generation of skydivers is a hell of a lot better then the last

I was with you until i read that statement.
I dont know hoe Old Omar, Joe Jennings and Gasson, Tim porter and wendy Smith and Passe and Jim slaton are but i know they are a generation before me and they are amongst the best in the world as well as being people that are still coming up with new things in this sport.
Dude, the new generation are students compared to the old generation. I will say one thing, The new generation bring a new flare to the sport but i would never say the new generation are better than the old generation.
Come to think of it, is it not the old generation that coach these new superstars? Maybe the old generation dont just look to have their names on the curcuit anymore cause they do not care for the 'fame' as they have new things in life happening.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Sorry, I didn't realize skydiving was all about money

Well it aint charity. The people who run this stuff have to feed their family's, buy cars, rigs, food, house etc. They have to make money and if you have any idea what goes into running and maintaining aircraft, dropzone, staff and federation laws you would understand that the DZO's deserve to make a shit load of money.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Sorry, I didn't realize skydiving was all about money

Skydiving isnt.

Running a DZ is mostly about that if thats your only revenue.

Seriously, I hope you stick to this sport and come back in 5 years and re-read this thread! :ph34r:
Remster

>>if you have any idea what goes into running and maintaining aircraft, dropzone, staff and federation laws you would understand that the DZO's deserve to make a shit load of money.<<

I do understand, I listened to a guy who owns one with over 10 000 jumps talk about this exact thing. And thank you for bringing it to my attention that it is not a charity. It is my personal oppinion that if you own a dropzone and are only making a couple of bucks off of each jumper then you should try to get as many loads as you can. Anyways, this is not about the owner.

Sorry, I didn't realize skydiving was all about money.

That whooshing sound was the point going right over top of you.

Its all about the money for the DZO and his/her family. Ah screw it, they can live on a trailer on the DZ and have a nothing exsistence. For the guys that depend on jumping for their livelyhood, yup, too a point. You'd be surprised how many full time jumpers live under the poverty line just so they can keep jumping and jumping and jumping.

There are some days that just don't work for them, though, long days of dawn to dusk full of students. Then you have a day where the students are done by 2pm and you're still so tired and wore out all you want to do is nothing.

You worked as a packer for a couple of months, good, you got an ever so small taste. Hopefully you didn't wonder into the DZ that was depending on you as a packer at noon as well. That can put the DZ into a bind or a packer out of a packing job.

For me, Skydiving isn't about trying to pay the bills anymore (which is good, since it didn't do that well). Its not about making as many jumps as I can in the shortest amount of time. Its about quality and fun. If I can give something back to a low time jumper who actually cares and wants to learn, then I'll be on that load with them, too.

Eventually you'll get to the point where you're tired of going through the same stuff over and over and over again with the tourists. On the flipsid, you'll get pumped up and motivated to help someone out that's going to be a skydiver.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

>>if you have any idea what goes into running and maintaining aircraft, dropzone, staff and federation laws you would understand that the DZO's deserve to make a shit load of money.<<

I do understand, I listened to a guy who owns one with over 10 000 jumps talk about this exact thing. And thank you for bringing it to my attention that it is not a charity. It is my personal oppinion that if you own a dropzone and are only making a couple of bucks off of each jumper then you should try to get as many loads as you can. Anyways, this is not about the owner.

Mate- I think everybody has come down a bit hard on you and in your attempts to dig your way out you have just made the hold bigger by typing faster than you are thinking.

In my opinion, your statements have just showed that you are a very excited person for the sport and have alot of enthusiasm. If everybody was like yourself we would be jumping more and the vibe would be strong all day.
I agree that jumping full on all day is the best feeling in the world when the dark comes in play.

Enjoy jumping, dont worry about getting flamed here, everybody here speaks louder than the would at a dropzone, myself included but hey it is the internet. You might also find we are all alot safer here in the forums than on the dz as well.

Keep it up, love the sport and you are right. Dropzones do seem quiet from what you would expect. It is only cause of the turbines though, get the day going faster. 5-8 jumps a day is enough for me, 8 fucks me and my body but these days you can get that done in a few hours.

Skydiving is the shit!, always has been, always will be and i believe all skydiver even the ones i personally do not like are the coolest cats around.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I remember myself saying some sort of crap like that when I had 100-ish jumps.

Me too...

Oh my god, I have become an old-timer...

If all you senior jumpers were like that when you were around 100, I better look out then. So, if I do step out of line, you all have my permission to slap me! ;) Preferably with my helmet on. B|

-=+ Skyliber, Disynthegrate, & Nucleaire +=-

I too tend to show up later - the only time I make load 1 is out of town or when I camp out.

But wind and heat tend to bias people towards jumping earlier and by Sunday afternoon, many people are tired and content. If it feels like work to do another (but isn't paid), why should one do it?

And that's fine if you live your life revolving around cliches. Plus, a real skydiver goes dawn till dark anyday. Oh,,and they were junping cessnas 205 so we didn't need 20 people,,only 5.

And in one year and -100 jumps you are a "real skydiver"? Some skydivers suck.[:/]

As for the rest of your posts, Do you serve cheese with that whine? Get over it, skydiving doesn't revolve around you and never will.:)
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

>"The early bird catches the worm."

But the second mouse gets the cheese.

>"If you're not fast - you're last."

Quote from the last Airspeed camp:

"Well, you always make mistakes. But when you get good you can make them a lot faster and blame other people for them."

Plus, i am a real skydiver. I put it on the line and take it to the max everytime. You're just another one of those stuck up people with a lot of jumps who think that anything a new guy says is irrelevant because you've seen it all and know it all right?

go fuck urself

Hahahaha.

I think Sparky is a very fair man who has alot to teach the people who read his posts......But he deserved that.:D

When i was reading Sparky's post i pictured him writing it with a bottle in his hand:D

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Hi FF

Yes they do[:/]

It's a dirty little secrete of skydiving after you spend the big $$$$ the folks that made the $$$$ money off you are to busy with someone else with the big $$$$.

Jumping is no longer the way it was, it's now the way it is, either suck it up or get out.Some of us got out others have decided the way to get their fix is to eat their young. This isn't universal yet but it will be.

The next time you go some place you need to check it out befor you get there. Your experience isn't anything new it was just the first time it happened to you so....... you know what that means BEER:D

R.I.P.

Plus, i am a real skydiver. I put it on the line and take it to the max everytime. You're just another one of those stuck up people with a lot of jumps who think that anything a new guy says is irrelevant because you've seen it all and know it all right?

I don't believe I am "stuck up" but I could be wrong. But I have made more jumps with newbies in the last 18 months then your have made in you life. I just find it a waste of time to try and deal with spoiled little brats that whine when the world does not turn the way they think it should.

A little growing up and maturity might help some people.
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

:D:D:D:ph34r::ph34r::D:D:D

oh man, that' funny!

sorry man, but holy crap that was funny!