AEsco48

You can start your AFF at one DZ and finish at another?

Can't see a dz turning away a student. Take your log book. If its been more than 30 days since your last jump, expect to have to repeat that level.
Best advice is to call the DZ or DZ's you are interested in going to and talk to them about their student program. You're the customer. But respect what they say about your safety.

There are subtle differences in hand signals, syllabus, aircraft procedures, landing patterns, etc. between schools.
Differences are rarely enough to kill you, but they will make you repeat a level or two.

It is usually easier to graduate AFF at one DZ before moving.

mmmmmm.......I used three DZ's in three countries along with three licencing systems before getting my A.

I started in Australia on holiday, then went to Portgual (a USPA DZ) before finishing in the UK under the auspices of the BPA. All the DZO's were helpful to me in different ways.

Differences are rarely enough to kill you, but they will make you repeat a level or two.

Or not. I made my first two AFF jumps in Colorado, the next four while on a business trip in California, and graduation jump in Colorado.

Both DZs were using the same deployment system (ROL ripcord) so there was no transition there.

It is usually easier to graduate AFF at one DZ before moving.

That may depend on scheduling. A lot of students but not a lot of equipment and instructors meant that I couldn't make more than one jump a weekend in Colorado; being able to make three single-instructor jumps in a row definately helped.

Talk to the dropzones in question and see what their policy is.

You can go anywhere. The Instructors should make sure you know the differences between what you did before and what they want you to do.

It CAN make the program a bit longer for you. But that is not a given.

Jump when you can, where you can. Since the most important aspect is being current.

Just my opinion.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I started classes and AFF at my home DZ, but didn't finish in the fall due to weather. I went to Lake Wales in the winter and they finished my training. They just wanted the logbook and notes from my previous instructor, spent some time making sure I was up to date, and took off from there. It was no problem.

Ed

"Skydiving addiction is more expensive than heroin addiction - except you meet a lower class of people :P"
"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"