mattyblast

What's Your Favorite Part of the Skydive?

I'm a newb, so maybe I have a different perspective from all you experienced guys, but the freefall is the best part for me, though watching the opening (if it's nice) is when I feel most comfortable and relieved - means my canopy is good! then smooth sailing (hopefully) until the packing area :)
"I believe the risks I take are justified by the sheer love of the life I lead" - Charles Lindbergh

I'm with you on that one, that sudden feeling of freedom kicks some serious arse B|
it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.

I've heard people talking of measuring heart beats during a jump.
According to them, newbies have highest pulse upon exit, while experimented jumpers have it at pull time.

Is there someone who could confirm?
"We call on the common man to rise up in revolt against this evil of typographical ignorance."
http://bancomicsans.com

That's easy,

it's all about the canopy control!!! Being under canopy, and learning what it can do,and experimenting, is so much fun!!!

CReW Skies (obviously),
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Agree 100%

The complete experience is my favorite part

"waiting for the next load, ride to atli, exit, freefall, canopy control, landing, meeting/talking to all at the DZ, and then the beer lite comes on".
SONIC WOODY #146

There is a fine line between cockiness and confidence -- which side of the line are you on?

Used to be the exit for a while, but now I really enjoy flying my canopy (apart from some funky ass openings lately - do not like that one bit at all!)

But how can you pick one thing really...some skydives you will land and go "god I loved that exit!" or " that freefall totally rocked, or on some occassions for me in the past.... "That was shit! I am gonna give up, go home and take up knitting!".:S

I've heard people talking of measuring heart beats during a jump.
According to them, newbies have highest pulse upon exit, while experimented jumpers have it at pull time.

Is there someone who could confirm?

Dunno about experienced jumpers, but a friend of mine wore a heart rate monitor when we did our first jump - it kind of went off the scale at exit!! (He only did another 2or 3 jumps so no update...)
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

All of the above. Kinda funny thing though, I usually feel a little jitters at around 10k. Then take some deep breaths and I'm all smiles from the door on from 14k. I tend to find I'm in a state of concentration at pull time for alt. and stability. Then the silly grin comes back after opening.:D Been cheez'in like that since my 1st Tandem last fall!
I'm a newb so I usually exit later in the load,makes it a little easier to see everyone else's whereabouts since I pull a little higher too. So I really enjoy the canopy time and less traffic to set up my entry which seems to help my accuracy. Ummmm...nothing I don't condsider "Favorite" I guess. Whats not to love?
B|
I'm fine...crazy people don't know they're crazy...No,Really!

You left out the option for - every single part of it. :)

I'm with Cora... the whole thing is a lot of fun. Though, for the sake of this poll I voted "The landing" because well,... swooping is the shit. In fact, its so much fun, I think ill leave work soon and go swoop.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Another newb here, The freefall is what I crave but the last few jumps have been while under canopy. The freedom all in all is just like no other!!!!!;)

------------------------------------------------
Eat, Drink and Jump for tomorrow we die.....
------------------------------------------------

I have to agree. Every part rocks. But, has anyone ever noticed how quite it gets in the plane right before the door opens? We've been joking,talking, have done our high fives or whatever, checked our gear, and then... silence. It's very cool.
----------------------------------------------
"Thats not smoke, thats BUCKEYE!!"
AQR#3,CWR#49

You forgot the "the moment the skydive comes together as planned"...

This - on a 4 way dive - is when you track off and know you kicked butt. This on an AFF jump (for the instructor) is when you have completed the entire dive flow planned by 7 K and get to just hang out with the student and see them smile and have fun where maybe you throw in anther forward motion to dock and can mouth to them "awesome job" in freefall! This is on a wingsuit jump when you are touching wingtips with a great friend. This is on a solo jump where you play around and find yourself doing something you previously could not do.

i voted free fall. there's just something so cool to me about going 120 plus mph with nothing but myself and gravity.

can't wait to get my liscense and do some high alti. jumps. then i want to learn to free fly and get into head down so i can go even faster.
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

Exiting backwards and looking a Tandem student in the eye as you fall away.
They see you go and it blows them away because they know that they're gonna do that very thing real soon.

Quality ;)
Fly Like Zie Eagle, Not Like Zie Chicken !
Good advice from an instructor I know.