GPSJane

Have you ever thrown up in the plane?

Today I hrew up in the plane. Really gross I know! My only excuse: some seriously bumpy air up there! And maybe also because it was very hot.

But I am wondering how many people have actually thrown up in the plane? It's embarassing to admit but really you can't help it if it happens.
Only skydivers know why the birds sing; they don't have to pack a parachute!

Embarrassing and i imagine could be very expensive as well. If someone threw up on my rig i know they would be buying me a brand new one.

The only person i have ever seen throw up on a plane had the manners to open the door and do it out the door.
were you not sitting near the door or able to get to it or too low to open the door?
People usually know when they are about to throw up.

I would not be embarassed though, just laugh it off and if you spewed over anyones gear offer to replace it. The mental image of someone throwing up on my gear would ruin the love i have for my gear.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Each to their own right?

I love my rig and have done my best to keep it clean and not fall over with it on. That is hard work keeping a rig clean and it means something to me. If someone all the sudden throws chunks over my rig they have just ruined it for me. I should not have to put up with that after all the trouble i go to making sure i keep it clean myself. Personal property and all.

No, i would not make them get me a new one but i would like them to offer.

And if someone is about to throw up and they are not a child they can make sure they do something about it, throw up in their helmet or jumpsuit not over my gear.... thats all i am saying.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

It should be an official regulation to shout

"CHUNKS AT ALTITUDE!!!!!!!!"

If you believe you are going to barf. Then the pilot can hand back a USPA regulation vom bag and protect everyones gear from flying bile.

Either that or do it inside your jumpsuit.

Nasty girl. I thought I liked you until now. :P

Ross
http://www.teamtechnology.co.uk/troll.htm

No, but I have been thrown up on

This is one of my best jump stories......

I was at this boogie in Southern Oregon and this pup who drank too much the night before started heaving at about 5 grand in the gypsy rose. First load Sunday morning......

The jumper sitting next to me handed the jumper his own helmet and said " Puke in this!"

So he did!

Well, it was a protech so all it did was strain out the big chunks and the rest ran all over his lap.

He says "Why did you tell me to puke in this?" (The protech has holes in the top)

"It is your helmet dude, you should have known better!"

We leveled off at about 7k and opened the door and tossed him out.... Over the DZ of course and with mucho gusto. Several of us got some on us and it was not pretty. The rest of the skydive was pretty routine and I think we got a 20 way. but the rest of the ride up to altitude was very stinky.

Good one Dude :D:D:DLMAO

The closest we got to seeing someone upchucking in the plane was a very nice pregnent women who was having a bad case of morning sickness.[:/]

We were B| when she started to breath into her glove. Sooo lesson learned wear goloves without holes in them:).

The only person i have ever seen throw up on a plane had the manners to open the door and do it out the door.
were you not sitting near the door or able to get to it or too low to open the door?

sometimes. not always. And people in that state are not in the best position to be an example on manners.

And a new container - not a chance. Not very neighborly, are we?

I haven't thrown up, but I have been thrown up on. I was putting 3 students out of a C-182. The first one was just about to get the "climb out" command when I felt something funny on my legs (I was wearing shorts). I looked back and student #2 behind me was hurling. He was very apologetic, insisting he was fine.

I, being a consummate professional, dealt with the first student, who never knew anything was amiss. Then I suggested student #3 be the next one out, to which he vigorously assented. The hurler said he would clean it up, and the pilot said "damn straight."

Anyway, all the students did fine. I jumped, although it wasn't my intention to when I got on the plane. The pilot flew the plane down with the door open. The offending student cleaned the plane, and all was well.

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

sometimes. not always. And people in that state are not in the best position to be an example on manners.

And a new container - not a chance. Not very neighborly, are we?

:D:D

children in that state you mean, adults can control where they throw up.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

coming out of the diving world and living near seas that can get rough, I think their world has a better appreciation for the occasional need to feed the fish.

I don't think any of them do it on purpose, either. So we make a little fun, hand them a drink (7-up or sprite works well), and go on with the sport at hand.

Your being very LOUD and OBNOXIOUS and I'm telling. :P

Yep, I almos blew chunks TWICE at the Langar boogie. I did have the courtesy to just put my helmet in the proper "chunks out" position just in case....that also help keep the smell that Andy emitted out his ass from my nares. >:(
SONIC WOODY #146

There is a fine line between cockiness and confidence -- which side of the line are you on?

I nearly had to go down with the plane, there was no way i could safely skydive while laughing so fucking hard, it hurt.

I heard if you skydive laughing without telling an instructor you could die :|

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

I'd get some advice from your instructor before you down size to a laugh.... stick to a grin or possibly a snigger but stay away from a fully eliptical mouth untill you're ready... or........ you could die.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Yes Ive thrown up.

Not proud of it, why would I, but not ashamed either. Laugh at it if it comes up during conversation.

It was during my studentperiod. Did my first skydive that day. Didnt feel anything on the way up on the first. Was too damn focused and confused I guess. But during freefall my stomach wouldnt cooperate, and after the chute opened I threw up a little. But that just flew away, so no worries. Felt droggy (?) afterwards. Did pass though. Dont know if the JMs know it... Just said I didnt feel too well, and wanted to wait with level 2.

Some hours later I wanted to try. On the way up there was, as far as I could feel as a new student at the point, pretty turbulent. We went through the jump in the plane and I told my JM I didnt feel too well. He said I was just nervous, and should think of something else. I tried and it worked for about 2' ft or so. But at 8-9' I said I was about to throw up. One JM got the one in front of me to stand up, and the other went to the cockpit to find a bag. When he came back, all that used to be in my stomach was on the floor, and in my helmet, which had holes in 'em. The others werent too happy, but felt sorry for me. They only had 2 min left in the plane, so it wasnt too bad for'em. One JM bailed out, because he got sick, and the other one went with me down.

The next day I got some motionsickness-pills. Better be on the safe side.

That was the 2. time Ive thrown up in a plane. Dirst time was in an acroplane. The bag was just seconds too late that time also! It was to late when the pilot tourned around to hand it to me...

Oh well.. If that is whats going to happen when something is going wrong, Im glad enough.. Worse thing can happen during a skydive than some womit!
A skydiver's famous last words:
- Hey! Hold my beer, and watch this...!
- If that guy can do it, so can I...!
- In 9 out of 10 this will work out just fine. Don't worry about it...!

funny
i was thinking about throwing up on a load on the plane ride up today, have never done it though, and hope i never will, but if your sick, your sick, nothing to do about it, exept begging to let you jump at a lower altidude so you can puke while under parachute :)geronimoo!!
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane"

I have to answer, "Yes."
Military jump, C-130, four hours of nap of the earth flying and we'd all ate the peaches out of our C-Rats.. Once one guy starts; it just runs down the stick...

It was called the "Peaches" jump.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Knock on wood no hurling. I came very close on many military "vomit comets" flying NOE. I remember several nights running out the door with a static line in one hand and a barf bag in the other, never actually used one though.:S
Kevin

Muff Brother #4041
Team Dirty Sanchez #467