GPSJane

Have you ever thrown up in the plane?

nothing to do about it, exept begging to let you jump at a lower altidude so you can puke while under parachute :)geronimoo!!

Next time you're under canopy, try to spit in front of you.
I hope you will understand why throwing up under canopy isn't too nice :)
"We call on the common man to rise up in revolt against this evil of typographical ignorance."
http://bancomicsans.com

There were no bags cos I did tell the pilot and he couldn't find one. I was sitting in the 'box' next to the pilot and defintley could not get to the door - 6 people in a Cessna! I did, however, turn away from my friend's rig and puke next to me so only I was sitting in it.

A question: if you puke in your helmet then how do you jump?

Better to have a bag I think. I went the next day and found bags to put inside my jumpsuit pocket and in the planes.

If someone threw up on my rig i know they would be buying me a brand new one.

bigway: I would really not be able to afford that but I did offer to pay for a wash and repack for anyone's rigs which got messed on. Lucky I managed to avoid everyone :) And I washed the plane.

You should realise (and you will only know what I mean here if you actually get motion-sickness) that people who feel that sick are only thinking about how bad they feel. Sounds selfish but believe me, you can't help it. But, yeah, you should be able to turn away or use the door or something.
Only skydivers know why the birds sing; they don't have to pack a parachute!

We are grown adults. If we are vomiting uncontrollably then we should not be in a plane feeling like that..... If we feel like we are going to throw up andy grown adult should be able to get their helmet and throw up in it. People can control themselves, unless of course you still wet your bed. That is all i am saying.

I know people are not going to be able to replace gear and i know that is not expected, but if you ruin someones personal property in their minds, ruin how they feel about their personal property then that is that.
Some people might just want there gear washed, other people might be grossed out and not able to use that property again cause the thought of someone blowing chunks all over it is too much for them.

I loan my rig out to anybody who needs a rig when i am not jumping, i have no problem with that but i have always said to them that if they cut away they are buying me a new reserve. The reason i say that is cause i bought myself a brand new rig with brand new reserve for myself. I did not buy a second hand reserve cause i want a reserve with zero jump on it for my next reserve ride. Is that fair?
Some might say that is selfish but i say, i loan my rig to anybody without them even asking, i offer it when i see someone missing out cause they are not packed or had reserve ride etc. Just the rule that goes with borrowing my property, you ruin it, you own it.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

People can control themselves, unless of course you still wet your bed.

Hahaha, bigway, you clearly have a really strong stomach. When you get motion sickness there really is nothing you can do about it and you have no idea how kak that person actually feels.

I get sick for anything - boats, planes, cars, even floating jetties. I actually almost gave up skydiving because I always felt so bad. I used to dread going to the dz. Luckily I found some pills that work well and don't make me drowsy. I did take some that day btw but they just didn't work.

I'm not saying that you can't do a thing about where you thrown up but you can't hold it in, trust me! That said I would feel really bad if I messed up someone's rig and it's courtesy to try your best not to. Of course, sometimes you can't help it cos there are holes in your helmet, people all around etc etc. Then I hope that those people will be understanding and nice to me like all the people on the load were on Saturday.

if they cut away they are buying me a new reserve. The reason i say that is cause i bought myself a brand new rig with brand new reserve for myself. I did not buy a second hand reserve cause i want a reserve with zero jump on it for my next reserve ride. Is that fair?

You're a bit anal bigway? I can't see what difference it makes if there's one jump on a reserve? It's still packed the same afterwards... At least you know it works!

I know it's nice to keep your things all clean and stuff - believe me I was so upset when I got some dirt on my brand new rig but really it's there to be used, you've got to expect it to wear a bit eventually.

Hey, it's your rig. I would just make sure never to use your rig or sit near you in a plane. Just in case, you know?

You're a bit anal bigway? I can't see what difference it makes if there's one jump on a reserve? It's still packed the same afterwards... At least you know it works!

Well after having 2 reserve rides and one of them not being very nice i do not think i am being a bit anal wanting my last defense to be a brand new reserve. I think you are a bit anal if you think that is wrong.

I never said anyone can hold their vomit in, i said they know it is coming and do something about it. Spew in their helmet. I was never having a go at you so lose your attitude.

Thank you for not sitting next to me, i appreciate the thoughtfulness coming from someone who gets sick from anthing, i am sure a few others will also appreciate you not sitting next to them.

I never said anything rude to you, never had a go at you, just answered a question. You attack me by calling me anal because i like having a zero jump reserve, there is nothing wrong with that. I loan my gear out most weekends and people appreciate that and also appreciate that i want to keep my reserve in my continer with zero jumps on it.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

As long as you're telling everyone what your terms are up front before you loan them your gear, it's your choice (and theirs) to make whether they want to borrow it or not. Personally, I wouldn't choose to borrow it under those terms.

If you didn't bother to tell me your terms till *after* I'd jumped it and had a reserve ride, you'd of course get a repack and replacement of any lost parts paid for by me, but not a new reserve.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

As long as you're telling everyone what your terms are up front before you loan them your gear, it's your choice (and theirs) to make whether they want to borrow it or not. Personally, I wouldn't choose to borrow it under those terms.

If you didn't bother to tell me your terms till *after* I'd jumped it and had a reserve ride, you'd of course get a repack and replacement of any lost parts paid for by me, but not a new reserve.

Exactly.

there are so many people that will not laon any of there gear out, i have seen people refuse to loan their alti out.
I loan my gear out, i have my terms, hell have and would loan my gear to someone for a month, i have my terms, if they accept that then i am fine with them taking my gear. They lose my main, thye buy me a brand new one, my canopies are new, they chop, they buy me a brand new reserve, though i will give them it at the price i can get them for, they fall over dirty my rig, well shit happens do the best to clean it up as good as you can.

At least they have the option to choose or not.

I Loan my kit out to anybody that needs kit on the day, i dont need to know them or not, if they need kit they can borrow it, i have never heard anyone not agree to those terms either.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I did not buy a second hand reserve cause i want a reserve with zero jump on it for my next reserve ride. Is that fair?

See...I like a reserve thats been TESTED :)
If you (anyone, not pointing at Bigway) are lending gear you get to set the rules as you see fit, and the other adult gets to accept or decline or negotiate different terms. I think Bigway is being quite fair. It's not rude to set parameters that you are comfortable with, Just cause I invite you to my house doesn't mean you can snuggle with my girlfriend.

Someone farted on a Otter load.

Not just a musty fart.....this was a major, nasty bastard, dead gerbil in your ass, eye burning fart, gag and heave fart.........

Damn near got me.....did get the student across from me. :S:D

At least he held most of it in. Jumpmasters took him to the door and he exploded...

Damn that was nasty!

Needless to say, student dude rode it down.

Afterwards it was funny as Hell. :D

Student had a great sense of humor later on the ground. We all felt bad for him.

'Cause we all almost puked.

No one ever 'fessed up..cause we would have hammered a butt plug in 'em and sealed it with superglue!

Don't go away mad....just go away!

During AFF I think the fight or flight was running to strong to allow anything as trivial as barfing....now I mainly do solo's and sit by the door. Barring easy access to the door, I'll puke in my jumpsuit and get out ASAP.

Regarding puking on someone's gear - I personally woudn't mind mind once it was cleaned and repacked, but I understand how some might not feel right about their gear after being puked upon.

Bottom line, jumpsuits contain it better than anything else, then move towards the door friend.

We are grown adults.
Some people might just want there gear washed, other people might be grossed out and not able to use that property again cause the thought of someone blowing chunks all over it is too much for them.

So are we adults, or not? Someone who are too grossed out because their rig was once 'dirty' seems a bit childish to me.

And after once finding out that the 3 foot tall grass was concealing 18" of standing water, nothing that gets on my container will faze me too badly.

So are we adults, or not? Someone who are too grossed out because their rig was once 'dirty' seems a bit childish to me.

The reason i was saying this is because i know two people who have Obsesive compolsive dissoreders and this how they would feel. Because they have OCD's with cleanliness does that mean they are childish?
Do they not have a right to keep their property as clean as they want it/or even need it for peace of mind?

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Hey hey! I was not trying to attack you! So I am sorry if it came out bitchy and sorry for pissing you off. I was just answering you. It's just my opinion that you're asking too much. All I was saying is that you don't know what it's like for those of us who get sick.

Thank you for not sitting next to me, i appreciate the thoughtfulness coming from someone who gets sick from anthing, i am sure a few others will also appreciate you not sitting next to them.

As for that I was just saying that I would hate to be the one who could not get to the door and got even a little bit on you. It does happen! But hey, to each his own just as long as everyone knows what it is you're going to be demanding.

And this is the first time I threw up in the plane, in 2 years. If I threw up every time I went up I would have stopped skydiving long ago. I do take the pills. Believe me I don't actually want to mess up someone's gear!

Its a Cessna 206T. Turbines are really fine cos its so much faster and you dont feel the turbulence so much. I dont think I've ever even felt sick in a PAC or Kingair. I dont even bother with the pills.

Thought so.
You will find it so much easier if you are sitting up next to the pilot on the floor facing the back of the plane. I am sure of it. It is like a roller coaster, the front pulls the back along so in the back you will feel all the turbulence alot more. Sitting in the back you will feel that washing machine feeling alot more.

Have you already felt the difference before or is my theory wrong? I am sure you will feel better if you sit at the front.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Haha, it depends on the turbulence really and apparently if it's bad I will get sick wherever! I was sitting next to the pilot in the 'box' (where the other pilot's seat would normally be) which is why I could not reach the door.

All I know is that I am used to facing back so I can't turn around and face forwards.

Oh another thing, I was 6-weeks uncurrent (my skydiving has gone to crap!) and I think maybe that affected it - you know how the more you go up the less sick you get?

If someone threw up on my rig i know they would be buying me a brand new one.

If someone hurled on my gear I'd expect them to pay for a wash and repack. Expecting them to buy you new gear is way outta line, imho.

I'm sort of with Bigway on this.

My oldest rig has 624 dives on it, DOM Jan 04. It's never fallen over.
My newer rig has 197 dives on it. DOM Jan 05. It's never fallen over.

There is something about those acidic digestive fluids - designed specifically for breaking things down and turning them into shit - that would prevent me from ever being able to use the rig again, regardless of how fast it was washed or repacked.

I wouldn't expect a new rig. I would expect them to buy mine at a market related price. I would be pissed at the downtime, but that's why I have 2 rigs.

I've never thrown up in the plane, or under canopy. Perhaps if I had, my view would be different.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

I envy those who have new rigs which have never fallen over. I wish I had been able to do that!

I wouldn't expect a new rig. I would expect them to buy mine at a market related price.

I just know I would not be able to afford that. I can barely keep current at the moment. So I guess the solution is not to puke on someone's gear?

Well, what we "expect" and what we get are two different things.

There is no getting blood out of a stone. There is also a world of other jumpers who would be happy to buy a 2 or 3 year old rig that has never been scraped across the ground for 50% of the new list price once the puke is washed off.

I'd be happy selling for 50% of new, cos my rigs work. They make me money, not the other way round. If the puker were a complete asshole about it though, in a small jumping community, that attitude could make it far harder to progress in the sport. One of Murphy's laws of combat is "Act unimportant. The enemy may be low on ammo."

What would probably happen is the puker should offer to pay for a wash and repack, and maybe a beer. The pukee should accept that offer, and if they were unable to live with the gear after that, sell it and buy new.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

I have come close! I get motion sickness and a 45 minute ride in the old 206 riding thermals up to make it go quicker... I've been close. I just have them let me out early when I get too bad. I feel better the second I leave the plane! :S

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

There is something about those acidic digestive fluids - designed specifically for breaking things down and turning them into shit - that would prevent me from ever being able to use the rig again, regardless of how fast it was washed or repacked.

Exactly. Puke is not just a little dirt, it's hydrochoric acid (and some other stuff). Would you pour hydrochloric acid on your rig and then jump it again?