HookItLow

Why is this NOOB PMing me?

I got this PM from a wise and seasoned veteran skydiver :

"Dude what is wrong with you? We all know your making this shit up so stop posting! Everyone knows that loading a canopy at 1.66 at 75 jumps is pretty much suicidal. You know this, I know this, everyone knows this so I repeat...SHUT THE FUCK UP and stop trying to stir shit up.

On the off chance that you arent some dickhead making this shit up, then you need to not buy that canopy and go punch your "friend" in the balls for even trying to sell you something that will KILL you!

Your skills arent good enough with 75 jumps. Period"

So I would like to say to JarrodH : Thank you for looking out for me. Thank you for your concern. But most of all, thank you for bestowing your infinite skydiving knowledge on me. Clearly, after 32 jumps, I should be listening to what you have to say.

JarrodH from Florida ...... I salute you. Maybe one day when I grow up to be a real skydiver, I can be just like you.

As for the rest of you, I would love to know why my thread got locked. Yes, I have only 75 jumps and I bought a small canopy. Yes I jumped it, and yes I lived. I too am a NOOB, but at least I am not pretending to be a SkyGod like our poor little friend from Florida, who shall remain nameless from now on. I came here for some OPINIONS about the canopy choice, WTF? If a real skydiver would like to give me their opinion of my purchase, I'm all ears. But if you have less jumps than even I do??? Please refrain from messaging me. Stick to football, or whatever it is that you actually know something about.

Thank you and have a great day.
-------------------------------------------
insert quirky, trendy, witty quote here.

I have less jumps than you.I know you don't want replies from more inexperienced people than you.I'm not picking a fight either.Why don't you PM billvon and ask why your thread was locked.He probably will tell you and give you his opinion on your wing loading.
"I'm not sure how it's going to turn out, except I'll die in the end, she said. So what could really go wrong? -----Brian Andreas

Your description of the canopy you're jumping was so far beyond reasonable that everyone assumed that it was a wind-up, commonly known as trolling. Wikipedia's entry on trolling. A whole bunch of responses to that effect were deleted by the moderators.

I'd suggest you go read billvon's response to you, and if you don't understand anything, come ask.

What do you consider a "real skydiver?"

I'll tell you that you are going to be a statistic, regardless as to how good you think you are. That canopy choice at that wingloading at your experience level is an incredibly poor choice. I'm also amazed that your DZ would let you jump that canopy.

If you showed up to my DZ, we would gladly offer you a canopy in the 190-210 range to jump for the day. I would even be glad to work with you on your canopy control and go up for some drill dives with you under canopy. You would not, however, be allowed to jump your canopy.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

while some of you have reasonable responses, there's always people like this katzurki who speak in some kind of code. What the hell does bingo have to do with this?

I quit. not skydiving. just posting. I have a new profile, but I've been reading DZ.com for a long time. This site has gone to the dogs. Its all about arguing and name-calling and putting down new jumpers. I have an A license, I earned it. Now I am going to push my limits the way I choose to. I just deleted my BIO information. No one needs to know me on here. I'll leave this site to all you squabblers. Not to mention the true jumpers with MANY dives who try to squash new jumpers for being ambitous. Thanks for nothing.[:/]

If a real skydiver would like to give me their opinion of my purchase, I'm all ears.

You did get such opinion. It would appear that you didn't like the answer.

Your post seemed like a troll to me also. Even if the assumption was incorrect, I hope you can understand that we've been there to see the damage that results when newbies ignore advice because it doesn't match what you want to hear.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

well if...

**you don't turn low to the ground
**flare at the appropriate time/ sequence
**know how to deal with the extra malfunctions that come with a more HP canopy

... Then you'll be fine.

Edit: Obviously you always have to do those.

If they did everything right, a first jump AFF student could jump a Velocity 96. Its not done because they don't. People with thousands of jumps and many 10's of years in the sport, still make mistakes. Never think that you're too good to die in skydiving.

while some of you have reasonable responses, there's always people like this katzurki who speak in some kind of code. What the hell does bingo have to do with this?

I quit. not skydiving. just posting. I have a new profile, but I've been reading DZ.com for a long time. This site has gone to the dogs. Its all about arguing and name-calling and putting down new jumpers. I have an A license, I earned it. Now I am going to push my limits the way I choose to. I just deleted my BIO information. No one needs to know me on here. I'll leave this site to all you squabblers. Not to mention the true jumpers with MANY dives who try to squash new jumpers for being ambitous. Thanks for nothing.[:/]

Bingo is like starting a football betting pool, except that it involves everyone that thinks you'll die/seriously injure yourself competing to win bragging rights based upon when it will happen.

true jumpers with MANY dives who try to squash new jumpers for being ambitous.

Ambitious? We've seen the results of that sort of ambition before.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

If they did everything right, a first jump AFF student could jump a Velocity 96. Its not done because they don't. People with thousands of jumps and many 10's of years in the sport, still make mistakes. Never think that you're too good to die in skydiving.

its funny but you almost completely contradicted yourself. To us new people, thats all you experienced jumpers sound like. Like only we are in danger and you are completely safe. I know my risks, and I CHOOSE to take them. Its called skydiving. I decide to exit a perfectly good aircraft for no particularily good reason. What happens between the plane and the ground is left mostly to chance. Training and skill come into play, but you just said yourself : NO ONE IS ABOVE DEATH IN THIS SPORT.

and about this Bingo..... nice way to take a responsible route to safety. A pool to decide when I'm gonna die? That sickens me. Anyone who would participate in that sickens me.

its funny but you almost completely contradicted yourself.

Nope, not a contradiction. You're too wraped up to see that the point is that people with a lot more experience still make mistakes and still die, and that you're trying to do what they do with out the experience or the skill.

To us new people, thats all you experienced jumpers sound like.

We all started somewhere. Even BJ Worth made his first jump.

Like only we are in danger and you are completely safe. I know my risks, and I CHOOSE to take them.

Ok. You do what you want to do. I hope you make it out alive and uninjured. At some point you'll look back and realize what you made it through. I know this, since I followed a similar road, but not quite as agressive so early.

Oh, take all the risks you want to. You don't jump at my DZ so I'm not worried about all the bad press you hooking in would cause for the DZ's future.

John, it is bad form to ask before he dies. Just show up early and you'll be on it.

What happens between the plane and the ground is left mostly to chance.

Wow! If I believed that I wouldn't jump.Sure anyone can make mistakes.But adding more complications before you have developed the skills to deal with them (IMO) is an unnecessary, avoidable mistake.
"I'm not sure how it's going to turn out, except I'll die in the end, she said. So what could really go wrong? -----Brian Andreas

How silly for anyone to question you. I fully support your choices and would like to point out that PD does have velocities available to demo all the way down to 79 square feet and chicks dig 450s. Good luck "pushing your limits".

In all seriousness, people on this website will always give you their honest opinion, and some will flame you, but its all to keep the number of deaths and serious injuries in this sport down. There are a ton of reasons not to jump a small main quickly, as everythign happens much faster. Im just going to go out on a limb and assume youve never had a mal, and never had anyone you know in the sport get seriously injured or killed yet. Theres a good chance that you will never get seriously injured under your canopy, but loading high early will give a much better chance than most to get seriously injured, and thats what people want you to see. If you already have all these risks in mind, good for you and good luck. If you just think youre indestructable, I know a 23 year old parapalegic who would be glad to talk to you. Have a safe 2007.

I hope that no one else plans on stooping to this level
by selecting the first 4 days of WFFC.

He might be attending other boogies before WFFC. I'll be holding back until more info is available.

LOL John. How is the Mrs.? Tel her me and Lora say Hi. We finally got to take a Honeymoon. Hopefully we'll get back up there to jump soon.

Oh sorry about the highjack...

to the person who stargted this thread,I hope you truly stop posting and read more if not change you name to dgit cuz its more fittin to the path your on. And Bounce Bingo is appropriate cuz only dgit's get on it and if you don't want to be on it stop being a dgit. This isn't tiddly winks and if your feel bads got hurt by brutal honesty and you go away all the better then us having to scrape your parts into a BioHazard bag or read about someone else having to do it cuz you "hookitlow"

Oh and if John gets to be on the ash dive Im want in ;)

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

I'll tell you that you are going to be a statistic, regardless as to how good you think you are. That canopy choice at that wingloading at your experience level is an incredibly poor choice. I'm also amazed that your DZ would let you jump that canopy.

Just like you were going to be a statistic when you bought that heatwave several years ago....hmmmm...Hi pot..I'm kettle.:|:|

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

I came here for some OPINIONS about the canopy choice

ok, my opinion is this canopy is a poor choice at this stage of your skydiving career, a person has at thier disposal a 'bag of tricks' *(knowledge) as you gain jumps/time/training, this bag becomes bigger. At 75 jumps quite simply - this bag cannot be very big. - your first unplanned obsticle/too low of a turn/off dz landing/ malfunction <--pick one, any one can end your life, or worse yet leave you a shattered meatsack unable to feed yourself...

if you have less jumps than even I do??? Please refrain from messaging me

shutting your ears to good advice - even if it comes from someone with less experience is a foolish thing to do.

I hope you make it.

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

Just like you were going to be a statistic when you bought that heatwave several years ago....hmmmm...Hi pot..I'm kettle.

I know. It was a huge mistake and you'll notice I bring that up when talking to low time jumpers. I tell them how I was incredibly lucky on more then one occasion to have made it out alive, much less uninjured. You'll also notice how I tell people that if I would have stayed more conservative with my initial canopy choices I would be a much better canopy pilot today, due to being able to learn things the right way the first time.

I guess you missed this part from one of the posts in this thread:

"Ok. You do what you want to do. I hope you make it out alive and uninjured. At some point you'll look back and realize what you made it through. I know this, since I followed a similar road, but not quite as agressive so early. "

It comes down to that I made the mistakes and I have spent the last 3 years trying to help others not make the same mistakes. Its worked on some people, some people it hasn't.