shermanator

how fast can you get on your belly?

I'm having fun seeing how fast i can go on my belly. Today, I did a jump with two others, 2 in sit, and myself on belly. we were in proximity the entire dive, i was floating a little bit. Granted, one of the sitflyers floats as it is.. I checked my neptune and was up to 154. but ouch, my back hurt from that arch when i got down!
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

Even with my new baggy suit, putting my legs out and trying to "dearch" I struggle with the 115-120 range. I'm sure if I jumped in regular clothes and actually arched for once I could get going pretty darn fast. I'm definitely going to have to borrow someones protrack this weekend and give 'er a go. I'll report back but I'm thinking I could get up to at least 150-160.

In a tight jumpsuit I have hit 165, in a hard arch.

I tend to fall faster but with the right jumpsuits it gives me some really good range.

I just wish I could track like the 6'5 guys who weigh 140 pounds.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

about 155, our favorite is launching a 3-way off a CASA

belly flyer in the middle, head downers on the sides gripping an arm and leg harness,

point #2 - release all grips, build three way round docked on hands

Point #3 - release the belly flyer, 180 turn to a backin

Point #4 - back to the top
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

This was on a rodeo so not exactly on my belly. Yes, the opening was "brisk". I had tucked up into basically a cannonball position. By myself I got 159 videoing sitflyers.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

I did a Tandem Video with Barry and Brad the brewmaster for the Lang Creek Brewery at Lost Prairie....

Now these are two fairly big boys I was chasing and my average numb er 1 on the protrack was 148 and Average2 was 143......

I can normally fall pretty fast.. BUT I was in my big white and red RW suit.... and I was basically flying as if I was doing a style set to stay with them and keeoing all that material tucked in.:D

Maybe I'm not reading that pic right but it looks like 160mph at 3000 feet... Isn't that a problem? I for one know I probably wouldn't wanna deploy at that speed. (assuming you'll be pitching out any second there -- after all your at 3000 feet)

Just a random thought -- but hell what do i know? Someone wanna comment that knows about that stuff?
-Patrick

That's why I psycho pack, it opens slow. Well maybe not slow when I pull at 160MPH, but livable. Neptune said I pulled at 2500 so I was probably still doing 150 or so when I pulled.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.