ChasingBlueSky

What can we do about Skyride?

Maybe it is some plant to reference his post in the lawsuit? Hmmmm.....

We have a winner!

I can go thru this thread and pull out no less than 10 major items that are no where near ethical, moral or legal.

I don't care if Skyride wants to advertise on the moon where they have no DZ. That isn't what this is about. Anyone can release multiple websites. Everyone needs to get off that issue. (well, as long as they don't don't promise a DZ location on the moon).

HOWEVER! Multiple websites that steal exact text, pictures and misrepresent their location in the effort to complete a business transaction is the real issue. You have theft and bait/switch in there. This is being conducted across state lines and even international borders. On top of that customers are told after the fact that if they "upgraded" (re:spend more) on a ticket that it now becomes refundable. A look at their BBB history shows that Skyride has a history of refusing refunds, committing credit card fraud, and offering no way for a customer to escalate their problem.

I can call Skyride right now and they will sell me a tandem certificate for dropzones that VOCALLY refuse to take them - most have gone so far as to post that notice on their website. This takes no more than 5 minutes to confirm. Now Skyride will refuse to tell me where I am going to be jumping until I give them my credit card info.

Jeff - you are blocked from sending me PMs. This is a community issue. If you want to resolve this or change the public opinion - the come here with FACTS and PROOF that things have changed.

Words like "seems to be" or "I think" or "I didn't know that" will give you no credit here. Too many years of acting as a destructive force to our sport have removed any possibility of that.

Just so you know - I have no issue with Ben and Cary trying to make an honest dollar from skydiving. But, it has to be done honestly. That means 100% void of the items mentioned above. Aggressive business and marketing plans are fine if they are LEGAL and ETHICAL! Do not try to wash this over by saying "We are trying to expose the sport to new people" in the hopes of white washing this. IF issues have been changed/resolved - then show me. It seems that Skydive Arizona doesn't believe that these issues are resolved.

There is too much you need to clarify and rectify before you will ever have our understanding or support. (Don't even get me started on the Chris Martin phone number theft).

You know a group of guys who were Just doing thier jobs. Supporting thier families... the NAZIs yeah that's right I said it... I have seen clerks too many times

It had to happen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

Thats funny as hell.What does it mean when blowjobs or butt sex pops up in a thread??Hell I think both have been here.:D

Okay, that was too subtle, my bad, the one sure fire way to kill Slyride is someone else doing it right.

It's a goldmine just sitting there waiting for the right jumper who has the resources and gives a damn . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

You don't really need that much in the way of resources... all you need is good networking skills. If you do it right, because you want to bring the sport to the masses you could peobibly just add 20 bucks to the tag and then not be rapeing your customers.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Thats funny as hell.What does it mean when blowjobs or butt sex pops up in a thread??

Case's corollary
If the subject is Heinlein or homosexuality, the probability of a Hitler/Nazi comparison being made becomes equal to 1 (i.e. certainty)

Sircar's corollary
If the Usenet discussion touches on homosexuality or Heinlein, Nazis or Hitler are mentioned within three days.
This rule may seem identical to the previous, but they differ slightly in that the Case corollary states probability, while the Sircar corollary also includes a time limit. These two rules are sometimes incorrectly cited as the same and attributed to both authors.
Owned by Remi #?

Okay, that was too subtle, my bad, the one sure fire way to kill Slyride is someone else doing it right.

It's a goldmine just sitting there waiting for the right jumper who has the resources and gives a damn . . .

There already is, kind of. 800-SKYDIVE is already in place. It will connect you direct to a DZ in your area, it just needs to be promoted better.

Flying Hellfish #31
"I'm not allowed to talk about it till after the trial"
www.SkydiveTecumseh.com

Man I wish I had enough free time to keep up with this.

I just hope sincerely that everyone who is getting up on the soap box has never cheated on their taxes, lied in court to get out of a ticket, lied to a member of the opposite sex in order to get sex, cheated on his/her significant other or spouse, driven drunk, sold drugs at a DZ, done drugs at a DZ, jumped impaired, lied about their jump numbers, pencil packed a reserve, or cheated on their A through D certs.

Take a minute and think, any of these things would make you a liar, a thief, a crook, caused you to put someone elses life in jepardy, or in the pencil pack case caused you and your rigger to violate federal law.

I'm not defending anyone here, but damn it seems like there are a lot of people up on the proverbial high horse throwing a lot of stones about lying, cheating, stealing, and breaking laws who are guilty (at least ethically) of the same offenses. I'm not claiming angel status, but I'm not throwing stones either.

Feel free to continue the bitch session.

Coming soon to a bowl of Wheaties near you!!

There already is, kind of. 800-SKYDIVE is already in place. It will connect you direct to a DZ in your area, it just needs to be promoted better.

Or they might send people to a DZ much farther away, right past the one in your area. I don't like them either, but not for dishonesty or unethical behavior. And they DO help promote the sport.

Dave

Lying as a business model is pretty different from cheating on a significant other. And I don't think anyone needs to stand on a soap box to say that what skyride does is wrong. It's wrong whether we debate it all day or not. It's also wrong to do all those other things you mentioned. But that doesn't make skyride any better, nor does it make anyone that's spoken up about skyride a hypocrite.

Dave

And just who gets this goldmine?
Not us...we're paying 150% more on advertising and keeping a web presence. If Slidell would do what I offered, which is to refer any/all people that are in their area to them, instead of taking Slimeride certs, we'd have our state Slimeride free. But, they're new and get more biz by taking the certs. It's not like we were taking their biz...we referred people for 10 or 15 bucks, like normal bird dogs do. Works out just fine for us and other DZs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aim high and you won't shoot your foot off!

I had an interesting visitor to 1800skyride.org the other day. See attachment.

Also, I compiled a list of all the instances where my images were being used illegally on literally dozens of Skyride's websites and forwarded that list to their web hosting companies. Maybe I'll see some results from that.

Man I wish I had enough free time to keep up with this.

I just hope sincerely that everyone who is getting up on the soap box has never cheated on their taxes, lied in court to get out of a ticket, lied to a member of the opposite sex in order to get sex, cheated on his/her significant other or spouse, driven drunk, sold drugs at a DZ, done drugs at a DZ, jumped impaired, lied about their jump numbers, pencil packed a reserve, or cheated on their A through D certs.

Take a minute and think, any of these things would make you a liar, a thief, a crook, caused you to put someone elses life in jepardy, or in the pencil pack case caused you and your rigger to violate federal law.

I'm not defending anyone here, but damn it seems like there are a lot of people up on the proverbial high horse throwing a lot of stones about lying, cheating, stealing, and breaking laws who are guilty (at least ethically) of the same offenses. I'm not claiming angel status, but I'm not throwing stones either.

Feel free to continue the bitch session.

one MINUTE...this is N-O-T about ME or your life.. it's about how a business practices and how it does said practicing.

Life is full of choices... I accept responsibility for mine.

It is this community that is demanding they accept responsibility for what they have done and are doing.

Right is right... absolutes exist~
IF you are going to be Stupid - you better be tough!

So you are saying that because no one is an angel, it is OK if Skyride steals, cheats, etc?

Derek