ChasingBlueSky

What can we do about Skyride?

HI BB

Think head of lettuce

Slug you got me on that one! Yep head of lettuce. Best sig line I've ever had:)
Now back to your regularly scheduled topic.
What can we do about Skyride? Well do nothing and see a new drop zone open up right next door courtesy of 1800Skyride.
Geez Hemet California sounds nice:)

Hi BB
How about Skyride Japan:)
Lots of tourists going to Hawaii from japan, 2-3 Tandem Facilities on the same airport, plus a glider operation.:)
Wonder if a "business" like skyride would have to pay taxes on income "made in Japan".

Why did i ask that:S

R.I.P.

damn!
they don't even show any REAL contact info on their web registration:

http://www.networksolutions.com/en_US/whois/results.jhtml;jsessionid=VG2RVVIT0RYJUCWMEAQSFEQ?whoistoken=0&_requestid=479125[/url]

[:/]

Well, they're like spammers... they try very hard to be evasive, because they KNOW what they're doing is WRONG...

I agree with Marks... they're going down. It could take a few years or more with the legal system as it is... [:/]
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

just sit down and shut up and watch as things crumble. why dont you think you see mike gruwell standing up for them anymore, well because deep down inside him he knows he is wrong!!! and every argument that he makes for them will be shot down.. the FTC will shut this operation down you better believe that, you know why??? BECAUSE WHAT THEY DO IS ILLIGAL!!! your ignorant to why becfause you dont know the facts, because your a newbie, you dont know better and that is completely understandable.. in about a year or 2 you will be so embarrased to look back and see the things you said to defend them. you will do this once you have all the facts..

why dont you think that all the people that help start that place and build it to what it is now are gone?>>> the only one left is mike gruwell, and im tellin ya.. he aint going to last much longer..

I no longer regularly take time to standup/defend ASC/Skyride/Etc. because I like spending the short time I have on this earth with my friends and family as well as skydiving as much as possible and helping others out through rigging and skydive instruction. Writing on this forum to all of you people who aren't my friends, for the most part, seems like a waste of time to me.

For the record...and you can look though my past posts because I still believe in everything I've posted before...I wholeheartedly support Ben/Cary and the associated businesses. I am in a unique position because I am the only skydiver that actually owns their own business on their group of dropzones (chutingstar). Still, I manage the ASC staff, Skydivegear.com and have my hands in other parts of the business.

Time not spent with family/friends, is spent trying to further my business (Chutingstar) as well as ASC and the other dropzones. I also spend alot of time with our experienced jumpers, students, whuffos, vendors, etc. I love my job and I wouldn't have it any other way.

The business is growing, and the quality of instruction, gear, facilities, planes and whathaveyou is always getting better as well as my personal rigging/instructing skills.

Lastly, I have alot of great friendships with the people I work and play with at ASC and the associated businesses.

Shimell is freakin' annoying...and should find something more enjoyable to do with his free time when not skydiving everyday.

Ki Ya!

Later.
ChutingStar.com

I wholeheartedly support Ben/Cary and the associated businesses

Which is why you will never get any of my business. You are suppose to be a pretty good rigger, too bad you support them.[:/]

J
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Ki Ya!

mike. you part of the problem with the childishness there....

it is this same attitude that is making MOST of the skydiving community try to come down on you guys.

the stupid childish games played by the owners. for example : cary thinks it is funny to post websites copied after others... he really does.. ask him about it and he laughs... you know that.. and your playing right along with it.

you have lost ALL my buissness not because i dont think your a good rigger, or that i trust you. even after your little comments i would still trust you to pack my rigs. but the fact of the matter is you guys are putting a BAD taste in alot of peoples mouth. not everyones but a whole lot of them. and personally after i found out that "another childish prank" that cary thought it would be funny to have one of your staff members "smack" me and get it on video. "he would make sure they didnt get in trouble" after hearing that. im cutting all ties... i dont want to be a part of a sinking ship.... ya it looks like your growing.. but just wait... it is coming soon....

and when you decide that you see the light and you want off.. i will be the first there to throw you a life vest...

till then... you guys continue to isolate yourselves in your own little world over there in cedertown georgia!

meanwhile 3 miles away "in cedertown georgia" i will help continue to grow a ship much MUCH larger than yours. so when you sink we will have room to fit you and your FREINDS on it...

later!

You're tarnishing the state in your profile! Put georgia so people know to ignore you. :P

And chutingstar... Aren't you nervous having your business so closely associated with such a shady business? If I owned a business, I'd protect it by staying way out of something like skyride/asc.

Dave

Hi Howtosee

Are you related to the japanese ninja?

The link on your profile goes to a websight ninja :o

"For those people who aren't idiots or morons, you can order the REAL Ultimate Power--The Official Ninja Book so you don't have to keep worrying about it every day."

you got 3500 jumps in 5 yr's recently registered to DZ.com etc.[:/]

You can do better than that:S Think like a ninja:D

R.I.P.

you got 3500 jumps in 5 yr's recently registered to DZ.com etc

Actually, from looking at the threads he's been involved in, he had 975 jumps at the beginning of 2004, and some enforced time out since then.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I was replying to a post.

Anyway, reading between the lines, I'd way I was on topic :)

For the record, I've never jumped in Georgia, I think Mike has a kickass and useful website, and I think that copying stuff that other people did just because you can make it a hassle to sue you is still wrong.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I was replying to a post.

Anyway, reading between the lines, I'd way I was on topic :)

For the record, I've never jumped in Georgia, I think Mike has a kickass and useful website, and I think that copying stuff that other people did just because you can make it a hassle to sue you is still wrong.

Wendy W.

how about I copy MIKE's website and then you all can use it instead of mikes!! i will just copy it day to day and post it under its own domain..

you think i might be on to something... hell i bet i could get alot of traffic and actually sell banner ads.. hmmmmmmmmm makes you wonder!

Why are we concerned about his jump numbers/profile? I thought this was the ASC/skyride/Chutingstar/ASC funjumpers bashing thread. Get back on topic;)

Hi Kingmann

We're concerned because people who "don't exist" are trolling and don't deserve a response.

Your real and i have no problem responding to you. what would you like to discuss about the "What can we do about skyride"

IMO chuting star & ASC fun jumpers are off topic. Trolls that post under different names the topic don't deserve a response from me, except to expose them for what they are. A HEAD OF LETTUCE:)
R.I.P.

i have a list of manufactures that im going to post soon who are DEEPLY in asc, pocket book. i personally like alot of these manufactures but will no llonger do buisness with them...

What does this have to do with anything? Are you suggesting a boycott on any business that sells/does business with ASC/skyride or Chutingstar?

What does this have to do with anything? Are you suggesting a boycott on any business that sells/does business with ASC/skyride or Chutingstar?

There are different opinions on this.

Some people Feel that ASC and Skyride are one and the same as the are Owned and Run by the same person/s. ASC used all the same tactics (Fraudulent Websites, Lying about their Location, Claiming to be a Competing DZ when someone calls them by mistake, Hidden Fees and generally unethical and possibly illegal behavior) that Skyride is now using for years before starting Skyride.

Others believe that they are two separate Business and we should only focus on Skyride.

The discussion in this thread is about what we should do about these problems in our sport. Boycotting ASC and anyone who does business with them is definitely one option as ASC is the Mothership for this operation and where it all started.
To Kill a Snake, You have to cut off its head.

Others know many jumpers at that ASC and do not want to speak out against that DZ for various reasons.

Some even feel that there is nothing wrong with ASC/Skyrides business practices.

Well.....there are a handfull of airplane, business, and dz owners that are already doing that.....

I don't see how dz owners boycotting ASC/skyride will do anything. Correct me if I am wrong but I think marks was refering to manufactures such as PD and Mirage. I really don't see any major boycott of these companies by any large group of skydivers. Marks can drink that koolaid and fall on his sword if he likes.

I don't see how dz owners boycotting ASC/skyride will do anything. Correct me if I am wrong but I think marks was refering to manufactures such as PD and Mirage.

I was referring to large aircraft owners who lease their airplanes out to other dz's....They are no longer doing this to dz's who accept skyride certificates or have any business relations with them.

ASC has a leased Otter and has a CASA this weekend. Which I will be jumping from on Sunday B|

Large aircraft will always be available to them. ASC cedartown flies a ton of loads. Someone will see dollar signs. I believe ASC is currently leasing out its Porter. Whoever is jumping that plane is supporting ASC/skyride.

Why are we concerned about his jump numbers/profile? I thought this was the ASC/skyride/Chutingstar/ASC funjumpers bashing thread. Get back on topic

Distrorion of truth through association, nice touch.

Still, can see the humour from your point of view. Actually quite funny!
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.

Why are we concerned about his jump numbers/profile? I thought this was the ASC/skyride/Chutingstar/ASC funjumpers bashing thread. Get back on topic

Distrorion of truth through association, nice touch.

Still, can see the humour from your point of view. Actually quite funny!

Hi Teason

I agree:o Kingman is funny:D

Add Kingman to howtosee and the infamouse NinjaSwooper and what do we have a? a knockoff of skyride[:/] Instead of virtual dropzones we're dealing with virtual people.

IMO If your not going to waste your time driving to a DZ that doesn't exist why waste your time responding on this thread to people that don't exist.

Each one of these people Nonjaswooper, howtosee and kingman are a head of lettuce (never argue with a head of lettuce) mix them together they are a salad:D:D:D

Why waste your time responding to these trolls. We're acting like puppets the trolls post and they get 5 posts back!

If this thread is going to continue lets smarten up:o

Why did i say that:S As you were salad bar is open:D

R.I.P.