GoRdOn8619

What age did you start skydiving?

Did my Tandem at 36 and back to the same DZ 1 year later to do my AFF. Confused everyone at CCSPC in Cyprus because I may have been the only American to go overseas specifically to do my AFF when most of my friends at the club flew to the states to do their AFF.

Why, do you ask? Because it would have been at least a 2 beer foul if they showed up at the pub without me while I was jumping there last sumer!! (least I hope so)

BTW, slight prob with getting there this month, will be there for the Boogie!!!

"Always look on the bright side of life".........

Static Line FJC on August 14, 2004 at 33.

Just passed my :D sky birthday... 34 now for a few more months, anyway.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Started at age 30, in 1976. You do the math.

Sparky, was the equipment pretty hard on ya' back in the 70s and 80s? I started at age 50 and am always bemoaning the fact that I didn't start when I was a young chick... but I've been told that is was a lot harder and unsophisticated as a sport back then. Tell us about that.
Blue skies & happy jitters ~Mockingbird
"Why is there something rather than nothing?"

Started at age 30, in 1976. You do the math.

Sparky, was the equipment pretty hard on ya' back in the 70s and 80s? I started at age 50 and am always bemoaning the fact that I didn't start when I was a young chick... but I've been told that is was a lot harder and unsophisticated as a sport back then. Tell us about that.

I started on military surplus gear, first jump on a T-10 packed in a B-4 container and a 24' flat in a QAC. It was heavy, didn't fit very well, had a forward speed of about 4/5 mph and landed like shit. But I knew before I hit the end of the static line it was something I was going to do. By my third jump I had my own rig. 28' 7-TU, they wouldn't let me jump it because it was to high performance. :P

But I had nothing to compare it to so it did not seem that bad.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Thanks, it's one of my favorites, natch. It gets better, though. On that particular dive, after opening, we were all west of the airport, and so everyone had to head back in the same direction. I had one on my left and one on my right all the way back to the DZ. One of those Kodak moments that's going to stick in my head for a long time. It was great.

It may be a long time before we get to do that again......[:/]

Mike Ashley
D-18460
Canadian A-666