shermanator

who else raised their prices?

apparently Perris raised their prices to $25 a jump. Elsinore, always has to follow suit and raised theirs to $24 a jump. bummer. I thought i was going to be able to do 5 jumps today. guess not. hmmm, maybe i can still do 5 hop and pops. Tis a shame that Elsinore finds it necessary to always follow what Perris does.. considering Perris has the better facilities, and aircraft.
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

It's a harsh reality, isn't it? Soon other skydiving fee's will follow suite - Rigger charging more, higher costs for container and canopy systems, et cetera.

I jump at a small club, we are concerned with breaking even and having a good time, and tickets are we had to raise our prices to $18 a pop. I think that we'll see more club dropzones in the near future.
=========Shaun ==========

I don't feel bad for you in any way , We have been paying $35.00 to 10000' and $25 for hop and pops for a couple of years now .

Yeah, but that's Canadian $$. ;)

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

:(:(:(:(:(

we are headed down there in a couple of week. what a bummer to have prices raised.....oh well, still gotta jump;)
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Thats cheap. It can be around $33USD in australia. and $45usd in the uk

I've never seen anyone top Japan's jump prices. When I started jumping at Perris there was a freestyle team from Japan there. Major reason for being in the states was the jump price. According to them their lift tickets at home were $100 USD per jump. Each!

ltdiver

apparently Perris raised their prices to $25 a jump. Elsinore, always has to follow suit and raised theirs to $24 a jump. bummer. I thought i was going to be able to do 5 jumps today. guess not. hmmm, maybe i can still do 5 hop and pops. Tis a shame that Elsinore finds it necessary to always follow what Perris does.. considering Perris has the better facilities, and aircraft.

Ok let me get this straight...

Prices naturally go up, it is called inflation. Every year your gas gets more expensive, your insurance, your grocery bill.

You expect to get paid more to balance it out, why shouldn't the DZO. ?? :S
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

just jumped elsinore today, forgot to check my account...did not even notice. :P regarding better facilites...both have good otters, elsinore has grass, perris....lots of dirt. both have nasty bathrooms. my wife and i both got sick from food at Perris. and too many close calls with different style of canopy pilots, do I dare say swoopers? so, we pack our own lunch and jump Elsinore. Anyway, what the "average" skydiver jump a year? 100, maybe 200? so thats $200 to $400 a year extra...no difference to me.

Its the price of gasoline - I know (don't remember the exact numbers) that when we refilled the fuel tanks last month it was considerably higher per gallon than it was in the summer...

When an Otter load suddenly starts costing the dz $20-$40 more a load purely from gasoline prices, you can't expect them to eat it all..

Solve the worldwide issue of rising gas prices and maybe lift tickets will go down :-)

I jump at a small cessna DZ, and our prices just went up a little bit. The student jumps after the first static line course & jump went from $45 to $50. There was also a slight increase in regular jumpers prices too. I'm certain that my DZ isn't following a trend set by other DZ's as much as it is following the increasing cost of fuel.

Spaceland: $22.00 to 14k. $12.00 hop 'n' pops.

First price increase since I have been here.
(4 years).

Impressive considering fuel costs.

And it's nice to see that the money is going into improvements to the DZ. (New security system, remodeled video room, soon to be remodeled bathrooms, packing room soon to be doubled in size.)

And a DZO who when he says it's going to happen,
IT HAPPENS!

I've never seen anyone top Japan's jump prices. When I started jumping at Perris there was a freestyle team from Japan there. Major reason for being in the states was the jump price. According to them their lift tickets at home were $100 USD per jump. Each!

ltdiver

You sure it was not the Korea team??

We have them come to NZ as well.

We actually banned them from jumping after the team instructor had a cypres fire because he lost alttitude awareness and did not pull anything.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

ltdiver

You sure it was not the Korea team??

Very sure. Team was Chifumi and Koji. Both from Japan.

ltdiver

Taft, Perris & Elsinore are all in the $25 ticket range now.

CalCity had been $25 per jump for over a year before they got shut down.

If you want cheap tickets, you are going to have to sacrifice amenities.

Skydive San Joaquin in Bakersfield charges $20 cash per ticket. It's a Cessna 182 to 12,500ft.

Make your choice.

holy shit man thats absurd...it's stayed the same for me since i finished AFF ($22 to 12000') at VSA in Vermont though...the sport has become a business in most places and that's just what happens unfortunately

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

It's always been a business.

When I started, jumps were $16.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

And even if it isn't a purely business venture, not for profit club, it isn't a charity operation!!

Why would any organization in their right mind set prices where they are basically paying YOU to jump? :P

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

my irritation is more with the reason I was given for the increase. .. I'm srue it has to do with gas prices.. but , they sure are not versing their staff on what to tell people.

Squirrel.. I was there today too.. did you notice all the trimming and such falling off inside the plane? I was on blue otter wehre that was coming off.

I'm just in a cranky mood and venting. snack bar is now a crummy room full of vending machines, but i can understand that.. it never got much business anyways.
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720