Thanatos340

USPA - Jan Meyer Impeachment??

You know Todd Spillers has forums setup on his DZ's website and its the best way to get a hold of him. http://skydiveaggieland.com/phpBB/index.php You can PM there so its all nice and private. He's "DZO."

I've had an Aggieland.com e-mail account for around 5 or 6 years now and its been hit or miss depending on the host (not the end user). I think we've got that worked out finally, though (switched hosts).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Someone needs to take a video camera and tape the events. Should be quite entertaining and extremely educational for those of us that cant be there.

If there's wireless, I plan to at least be posting. Will probably start a new thread with live from USPA updates. :)

There is wireless. Not much to report just yet.

9:00 am: meeting began
9:01 am: approval of minutes - passed
9:02 am: approval of agenda - J. Meyer moves to strike item 8. A. Motion denied via Point of Order by G. Bangs (motion called dilatory)
9:03 am approval of agenda - L. Hill moves to strike item 8. A. States not enough time or information about the iem 8. A. has been permitted to the Directors for evaluation. Motion denied via Point of Order by G. Bangs (motion called dilatory)
9:04 am G. Bangs requests the galley (audience) to leave the room and calls for a close session.

(waiting...)
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

intended to cause delay, gain time, or defer decision: a dilatory strategy.

Ah thanks... was too lazy to look it up. ;)

So... the dictator GB still has the meeting in closed session? :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Sigh, yes, closed session, and everything indicates it's going to be some time.

Are Larry and Jan in there with them or were they shooed out with the gallery too?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

The entire BOD (as far as I can tell) is in the room.

Damn shame nobody has one of those CIA gadgets that lets you hear through the walls... :P

A sledgehammer?

Edited to add: lol... I didn't realize who I was replying to. Well a sledgehammer would definately work better for you hearing through a wall wouldn't it? :P

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Since futurediviot didnt....

Cant ya just crank up that hearing aid!?:P

I could, but it still wouldn't help me understand what the words are, and I would get that infernal "ringing in the ears" that so many of you are afflicted with. :P

So.... This is an awful long closed door meeting I guess.

Nothing yet? Sounds like some people still need convincing of something. It would be interesting to know who is doing the convincing and who is being convinced. Kinda like waiting for a deliberating jury...

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

...and I would get that infernal "ringing in the ears" that so many of you are afflicted with. :P

Umm...Answer your phone Billy. :S

Don't have one that rings. :P

Oh and futuredivot, I met Glenn probably 10 years ago at a big way event in the northeast somewhere. Seemed like a nice guy. But hey, power can corrupt anybody.

So.... This is an awful long closed door meeting I guess.

Nothing yet? Sounds like some people still need convincing of something. It would be interesting to know who is doing the convincing and who is being convinced. Kinda like waiting for a deliberating jury...

I hear they got pizza.

It's going to be a long one folks. Expect a slow news day.

The Winter 2008 Board of Director's meeting will be held February 8-10, 2008, at the Orlando Metropolitan Resort. The General Membership Meeting will be at 7 p.m. on Friday, February 8, at the same location.

So has the vote taken place yet?

We have no idea, but don't expect the issue to be that simple. There is a lot of behind the scenes stuff here and what is showing above surface is just the smoke screen.[:/]

The Winter 2008 Board of Director's meeting will be held February 8-10, 2008, at the Orlando Metropolitan Resort. The General Membership Meeting will be at 7 p.m. on Friday, February 8, at the same location.

So has the vote taken place yet?

We have no idea, but don't expect the issue to be that simple. There is a lot of behind the scenes stuff here and what is showing above surface is just the smoke screen.[:/]

Pretty sad statement considering it's supposed to be 'our' organization.:|

Why all the need for the 'secret squirrel' stuff...:S

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~