c1sc0

Skydiving: you screwed with my priorities in life ...

Now I know I am an addict ... I received notification of my first peer-reviewed publication (computer stuff, my profession, supposedly a big deal) & at the same time I received my A-license yesterday. All I could think about all day was 'Oooo, shiny A-license booklet' & 'If the weather is ok I will go jump on thursday'. I guess I'm a lost case now?

Anyone else got stories about screwed priorities & skydiving?

Besides my bank calling me about a "suspicious" bill from an abc store on my credit card ;) Fortunately the boss of the data center I work for is a former Skydiver so there is a understanding of my drop in productivity on Mondays :)

I think of it like this.. Before hand my "priorities" were working to pay the 'normal' things in life.. Now I work to pay for a bi-weekly amount of Skydives - (SUM(ALL_BLLS) / 1_Skydive)

BTW: Your forum name still suggests a heavy Computer priority :) Guessing networking field?

=--{O}------------------{O}---] D.S.#111 VSCR # 123

BTW: Your forum name still suggests a heavy Computer priority :) Guessing networking field?

:D:D
He used to take work home with him. Now he takes skydiving to work with him.

New definitions:
Router: The person setting up the landing pattern
Switch: S-turns setting up for the landing pattern
Address: Location of dropzone
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

OK...I gotta warn you.

If you haven't done this already, beware.

When you leave the building, do try to keep your eyes out of the sky and pay attention to where you are walking. Unexpectedly stepping off that curb or running into a parked car can be very embarrasing in front of your co-workers.
:D:D

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I agree.

The DZ waviers fully disclose the risks of death and injury. What they don't say is what happens if you don't die or get injured.... obsession, aleniating friends & family, poverty, and the idea that eating Ramen while living in a trailer at the DZ is a step UP in life.
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

When you leave the building, do try to keep your eyes out of the sky and pay attention to where you are walking. Unexpectedly stepping off that curb or running into a parked car can be very embarrasing in front of your co-workers.

Now you tell us this!!!! >:(B|B|
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

i backed out of going to Voodoo Fest last year so i could put the money i would have spent on hotel ect. toward gear.

when i was a student my car got totaled, i took the insurance pay out and bought a beater 90 celica for $1,500 and used the rest toward AFF jumps.

my tax rebate is going toward a new canopy.

anytime a whuffo tells me how much thier new car, computer, tv ect. cost i immediately think of how many jumps it equals.
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

Yeah, and my original plan was to make just one jump...

Yeah - I know that feeling - had to do one jump with my daughter when she wanted a tandem on her 18th birthday. 400+ jumps and $30,000 later, still addicted.

Skydiving is more addicting and expensive than heroin - it's just that you meet a lower class of people skydiving:P:PB|
"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

I was used to work as a network administrator back in another life.
now i'm designing jumpsuits and only think of jumping out of the next airplane :S

finally found my addiction B|

--------------------------------------------------
I never used 2 rocks to start a fire ... this is called evolution !

Yeah, and my original plan was to make just one jump...

+1

Fuck.
My tax return bought my main, and when I get my next paycheck all of it will go to my aad.
I haven't jumped in a month to save for gear.
Last weekend I bailed on a road trip to Vegas with some hot chicks so I would still be able to pay for my equipment on time.
I stopped drinking good alcohol and have moved to Old English 800 and plastic jug vodka. Added bonus, none of my friends will drink it, so there is more for me. Downside, I don't get invited to as many parties if I am bringing jug vodka or a bunch of 40ozs.
When I sell my car, I am taking some off of the top to complete my skydiving gear, I still need a helmet and jumpsuit.
Does anyone know any pawn shops in the San Francisco area? I think I can scrounge up a few jumps.....
B|B|B|

Skydiving is more addicting and expensive than heroin - it's just that you meet a lower class of people skydiving

That and the fact that their are no Twelve Step clubs for us altitude addicts. We're on our own.

Somebody better not do anything about that.

Peace,
-Jeff.
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

wow why is it that every post here sounds entirely too much like myself?

I even went as far as to tell my girlfriend she can either support the addiction and understand or shes gone...so she jumped last week and wants to go again on friday haha. Hopefully she got bit by the bug too but we will see.

Now I know I am an addict ... I received notification of my first peer-reviewed publication (computer stuff, my profession, supposedly a big deal) & at the same time I received my A-license yesterday. All I could think about all day was 'Oooo, shiny A-license booklet' & 'If the weather is ok I will go jump on thursday'. I guess I'm a lost case now?

You should aim to be successful in everything that you do. Cheryl Stearns, for example, is one of the most successful and experienced skydivers in the USA. She is also a pilot for US Airways. If I'm a passenger on a US Airways flight, and Cheryl is the captain, I'd prefer that she stay focused on flying the aircraft well, not on jumping out of it.
;)

Congrats on both the A-license and the paper!!!
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

Oh yeah. My friends were getting ready to disown me because I spend my free time at the DZ. For compromise, I made sure I was sober enough Sunday evening for dinner. Aaaand they know not to call me during jump days (they have my schedule) unless it's OMG I'm Dying! emergency.

Plus, four of my last five vacations have to do with skydiving. (Tunnel, boogie. You know the drill.) Best vacations ever.

:)

Why don't you just go to the police station in a red clown suit and let everybody know what we're doing here?

I have a phobia for moobs. Thanks, youknowwhoyouare.