jpechbre

Fraud: Please help

Yea well I'm not the one on here crying out to have someone else be in charge of keep you morons from being ripped off from your own stupidity, it's people like you guys & gals who NEED AAD's in the sport today to keep you from being dead due to your lack of situational awareness.

Maybe you can get your mama to hold your hand when buying online.

Let the buyer beware or be a ripped off fool!

A fool and his money are soon parted.
Author: Proverb
Topic: Proverbs
Source: (Dutch)

A fool and his money are soon parted. - Five Hundred Points of Good Husbandry.
Author: Thomas Tusser
Topic: Finance and Economics
Source: None

Take all the fools out of this world and there wouldn't be any fun living in it, or profit.
Author: Josh Billings
Source: None

;)
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

1. When i open that page.. (maybe because i have a laptop) I cant see that part of the page unless i scroll down.....

Maybe you should sue the laptop manufacturer for selling you a poorly designed screen.

Serisously, have a look at Craig's List: how many freaking warnings do they need?
Remster

Ya' know, skydiving gear is expensive. How can any person with half a brain not realize that sending all that money to some unknown entity might get ya' scammed. If you need a warning sign flashing in your face in order to figure that out, then there's a problem....not with the classifieds section, but with YOU, the buyer and sender of moolah.

I think it's absolutely ridiculous to think that we have to have warning labels telling us not to be stupid. There already are warning labels on the classifieds section. If ya' gotta have 'em flashing at you like neon, then ya' probably need a painful consequence just to wake you up a little.

that's all~
linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

1. When i open that page.. (maybe because i have a laptop) I cant see that part of the page unless i scroll down.....

Maybe you should sue the laptop manufacturer for selling you a poorly designed screen.

Remster..... not sure if your trying to be funny or make a serious point hear......but you havent managed to do either!![:/]

Serisously, have a look at Craig's List: how many freaking warnings they need?

And this is the part i suppose.... where you just repeat the same statement that has been made over and over again........

Oce again for your benefit Remster....... They only need one!!!!! I am just saying put it at the top of the page rather than the bottom so you read the warning FIRST!!!!!

Its like having a red light 20 meters past the intersection in the road!!!.......It works a lot better if its BEFORE the intersection???

Dont you think???( I swear this is like explaining shit to a 3 year old!!! )
.....And you thought Kiwis couldn't fly!!!!

Its like having a red light 20 meters past the intersection in the road!!!.......It works a lot better if its BEFORE the intersection???

Dont you think???( I swear this is like explaining shit to a 3 year old!!! )

Here in the US (at least where I live), intersections that have red lights place them at the intersection. You can see them well in advance of arriving at the intersection. Yet, there are still people who drive through red lights. To make things worse, they have even been through a testing process to ensure that they know how to respond to red lights, and where to look for the red lights.

So, you can try to idiot-proof things as much as you want. There are just going to be some people who are bigger idiots than you can anticipate. When they run through a red light (or get scammed in a scheme in the classifieds), they may have a negative experience by receiving a driving citation (or losing their Western Union wire-transferred money), and they will learn from their experience.

Evolve.

(In your next analogy, you might want to try the US welfare system.)
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

Yea well I'm not the one on here crying out to have someone else be in charge of keep you morons from being ripped off from your own stupidity, it's people like you guys & gals who NEED AAD's in the sport today to keep you from being dead due to your lack of situational awareness.

Maybe you can get your mama to hold your hand when buying online.

aaaahhhhhhh.... The good old personal attacks:D

First of all by "you morons" ... Im guessing your calling me a moron??? Why???? I haven't been ripped off and all ive done is try to give an idea to stop more..... If you knew me at all you would know that i defiantly aint no moron!!!(but you dont know me do you??)

Next time if you want to Personally attack me you might want to try......

-The size of my ears
-loosing hair (Probably not as much as you but im still sensitive about it)
- broke up with my missus not long ago ( you could probably say it was because i was no good in the sack if you wanted??)
- i lost a back tooth and im a bit self conscious about it
- im from New Zealand and like to fuck sheep

Take your pick!

I wont attack you though mate ......you have obviously gone through
enough in your life already to turn you into a bitter, unhelpfull old man whos only input into this whole forum has been critisisim!!!!

:)
This technique coupled with a few of the weak spots i mentioned earlier you should put you on the right track for getting a rise out of me:D

Have fun!!!

Here in the US (at least where I live), intersections that have red lights place them at the intersection. You can see them well in advance of arriving at the intersection. Yet, there are still people who drive through red lights. To make things worse, they have even been through a testing process to ensure that they know how to respond to red lights, and where to look for the red lights.

And I have never said this would STOP all the scams on this sight but it WOULD reduce them! So YES people will still drive through the red light........

BUT ONCE AGAIN LET ME EXPLAIN......

On this sight the red light is NOT at the intersection(using the same analogy:)
I AM TRYING TO GET THAT LIGHT MOVED!!!!!!!

UNDERSTAND???!!![:/]

I would have never thought in my wildest dreams that such a simple suggestion would have kicked up this much off a stink. Or that so many people would put up so much resistance.[:/]

Was thinking, with the forum changes and all, that the risk to the psyche posed by interacting with a bunch of jumpers is probably far greater than the loss of a few thousand bones. I think HH should put up warning labels on ALL the forums (in lieu of ads...since folks in BF are already complaining) letting us know that participation in these forums may have serious and lasting psychiatric consequences. I, personally, blame this site for fucking me up. :)

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

WILLIAM DENVER IS A FRAUD!!!!!
And its not just Italy....England too.

Sorry to hear you got taken by this prick, but by posting here you saved me a big hassle. When buying a new rig, no one ever wants to believe that the gear they are interested in could be a scam....but by doing just a little research its fairly easy to determine.

Be aware of people who know what they are talking about too....Id like to think that all skydivers are a friendly bunch (and for the most part they are) but that makes it very easy for one person who knows a little about the sport and lingo to scam a lot of people.

This is how my communication went with this fucker!
By the way, he never got my money...and hopefully he never gets a penny more from any of us.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

I am very interested in your rig...Please do not sell before talking to me. It
is sized perfectly for me (5'-11" and 185 lbs). Do I understand
correctly that this container could accommondate a smaller main? ....say 170?
How many rides does the reserve have? How many years does the AAD have left? 5?

Thanks,

James
------------------------------------------------------------
Hello James,
The 210 main canopy is the largest the container can hold. You can put any canopy from 168 to 210 in it. If we have the same size it means that it will perfectly fit you so it is great. The price in dollars is 2100 USD. The reserve has never been used and the cypres has 5 more years left. If we do the deal together I will pay the shipping taxes and you will pay the taxes from the payment. I believe it is fair to split the taxes.

Email me if you decide to buy it and if I still have it (because I already have 9 clients) I will tell you how we can make the transaction.

Cheers,
Willy
Hi William,

I want to buy it. Just tell me how much it is with taxes and I will start
getting the money in order. Thanks
Great James,
I can see you are from Canada so the amount you will have to send is 2100 CAD. I will receive it in pounds and it should be 1050 GBP. I want to receive the money through Western Union Money Transfer and I will send you the rig using FedEx Second Day Air. The taxes from western union for 2100 CAD should be somewhere around 100 CAD. I will pay about 120 CAD at fedex to send the rig so we are spending the same amount. If you have decided to buy the rig I will need your name and adress so I can know where to send the rig. I will email you my name and adress for the payment and we can get it started.

I am waiting for your email

Cheers,
Willy
My address is:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx

I am leaving work in 30 minutes to go and get a bank draft, so I should be able
to get the funds to you soon after I have the info I need to send you the money.

Thanks,

James
-----------------------------------------------------------
Great James,
Here is my adress for the payment:

William Denver
20 Phoebe Street
Norwich, N0J 1P0
United Kingdom

As soon as you email me the 10 digit number (MTCN) that western union gives you after you make the payment I will go to fedex and send the rig to the adress you gave me. I will email you the tracking number from them as soon as I get back home. I will also ask them when will the package be in Chilliwack and I will let you know that too.

Keep in touch and I am waiting for your email with the mtcn.
Cheers,
Willy
William,

I hope this is ok....(please let me know if it's not and I will have to find a way to arrange something sooner)....but I will definately have the funds to you by Thursday at about 9pm your local time. At that time I will send the Western Union number.

Regards,

James
Oh, ok James. I will wait for the mtcn number tomorrow then. I have the rig ready for shipping so as soon as I receive your email tomorrow I will go to fedex. I will email you after that to give you the details.

Blue skies
William
Hey William,

Just one last thing....can I please get the name of the dropzone you jump at and the phone number there,please?
Thank you

As soon as I have that information, I have the money ready to send you via Western Union.

James
Sure James, I used to jump at Cornish Parachute Club and their phone number is 01872 553352. If you need their website, here it is www.cornishparachuteclub.co.uk . I only jumped 3 times this year but I am sure they know me there.

The fedex office is opened until 8 pm my local time so I will be waiting for your email with the mtcn number so I can go there and make the shipping.

Keep in touch
William
Hi William,

I phoned the Cornish Parachuting Club and they have not heard of you....whats the deal?

>>>>Note: MAKE SURE YOU PHONE THE PLACE...I AM SURE HE GETS A LOT OF PEOPLE BY JUST GIVING THEM THE COMFORT OF A PHONE NUMBER, ETC.
(Its 55 cents a minute....well worth it fora 2100 dollar Rig)

I have attached a picture of what he put in the ad.

Cheers,

James

I saw that same deal in the classifieds. It was for a Mirage G4/Spectre 210/Cypress with 5 or 6 years left.

I sent him an email about it. I knew it was a fake because he only wanted $2100 for brand new gear.

Sorry to the OP that you got taken.

In the future what's the best way to receive a rig with a reliable money exchange? By the way my credit card refunded my purchase :-)

Paypal is pretty good but there are other problems with it. I would think the best way is to go through the sellers nearest drop zone. They could run the card and charge a small fee for doing so. This, to me, seems like a pretty safe way.

SCAM:

Jerry Webber
John Williams
J Wills

DZ.com acct Steve6999
His acct says he is from LA.

TOTAL SCAM....BEWARE.....ALERT

He wanted to buy my rig. After several emails from different names (see above) and the usual I was in an accident and my secretary sent the wrong amount, could you forward the difference bull. I reported it through this site but no response so I've turned it over to the FBI locally.

My rig isn't sold but the jerk didn't get anything either. >:(

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

SCAM:

Jerry Webber
John Williams
J Wills

DZ.com acct Steve6999
His acct says he is from LA.

TOTAL SCAM....BEWARE.....ALERT

He wanted to buy my rig. After several emails from different names (see above) and the usual I was in an accident and my secretary sent the wrong amount, could you forward the difference bull.

Does this mean that I won't be receiving the $750 he said would be coming? ;) (He didn't get my rig either.)

Peace,
-Jeff.
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

Probably not if you are waiting on it from me. The moron is still emailing me asking if I got his check yet. :S Yeah, when I get it the FBI guy wants it so you most likely are SOL.:P

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.