Meux

Breast Implants = No Skydiving

Last night friends in the bar were telling me how much the father and son enjoyed their tandems and are going back to continue their progression. The mom said the poor daughter was going crazy because she wants to jump too, but can't because of her breast implants. Sounds fishy to me. Is there any serious reason for her to not jump with implants? Mom said the installation was unusual. I guess they are normally either over the muscle or under the muscle, these are half and half. Dunno what that means. I wanted to ask for a chance to inspect and make a recommendation but figured between the mom and dad I'd get at least one asswhopping, so let that go.

Seriously, any concerns at all or is this just a clever way to get out of skydiving?

THanks

Mo

maybe you should of given the asswhooping to mom AND dad yourself, for allowing her girl got get implants..

fucks sake, its tissue, does it really matter being lots of, or not so lots of.. :S

uhm, maybe this should be in the womans forum.. :P:D

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

It just sounds hokie to me.

No way am I going in the womens forum.

There have to be thousands of women with implants who jump without concern.

This mom sure was adamant though.

Funny thing, every time she said, "Breast Implant". She'd grab her own arch her back and lift as she said it, about a dozen times. I loved it.

It just sounds hokie to me.

No way am I going in the womens forum.

There have to be thousands of women with implants who jump without concern.

This mom sure was adamant though.

Funny thing, every time she said, "Breast Implant". She'd grab her own arch her back and lift as she said it, about a dozen times. I loved it.

Sounds like mom is itching for a jump:D

Most modern implants are made to sustain a continuous 14.7 pounds per square inch just about indefinitely. In order to pass AMA standards, they're TSO'd at 120 psi as an upper limit of non sustained pressure. Much higher than a firm mattress press, or normal jaw pressure. If "they" remain harnessed securely and are not permitted to lash about, the normal boxman position should not have an ill effect. Warranties will very depending on manufacturer.

Dr. T

The mom said the poor daughter was going crazy because she wants to jump too, but can't because of her breast implants. Sounds fishy to me. Is there any serious reason for her to not jump with implants?

maybe the implants are HUGE and won't fit in a harness...
or maybe she can ask the DZ to have an Amazon-Mod on the passenger harness :)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Dad was the one who wanted to protect his investment. Yes, it does get interresting at this point.

My theory is that rather than saying, "I can't jump because I have braces on my teeth" this girl is using the old "breast implant" excuse.

Dad and son sure are excited though. I anticipate they will at least go through to solo status.

there is no adverse effects of skydiving on implants.
the only trauma that might be caused is from a poorly fitted harness.
atmospheric changes will not effect the implants.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

When i question the mentality of those with implants, i also question the mentality of their partner or loved ones who approved or paid for them.
Looks like mom paid for the implants.:D:S

Why is something - anything, frankly, temporary or permanent - for cosmetic purposes be wrong? If it helps the person's self-esteem, seems like a plus to me. Everybody makes that choice for themselves, even things as simple as hair and clothing styles. Some people dye their hair, straighten their teeth, etc. Who are we to decide where that arbitrary line into "foolish" should exist for anyone else but ourselves?

i have seen or heard someplace that girls with boob jobs have a higher suicide rate. probably because they have self esteem issues that new boobs can't fix but they thought the new boobs would. the problem is not with the size of the boobs it's with the lack of attention that they want to have.

i have seen or heard someplace that girls with boob jobs have a higher suicide rate. probably because they have self esteem issues that new boobs can't fix but they thought the new boobs would. the problem is not with the size of the boobs it's with the lack of attention that they want to have.

One article says you're right

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/news/20070810/breast-implant-suicide-link-confirmed

Another says you're wrong

http://www.webmd.com/skin-beauty/news/20070323/breast-implants-lift-sex-self-esteem
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

from what i can gather from the 2 articles is that alot of them did it for better self esteem and the initial results are great. better self esteem caused by a more perfect body. but on the long term benifits the implants only covered up the real issues and after a while the poor self esteem came back that is why the higher suicide rate after 10 years. i guess what matters to them isn't about how good of a person they are but how their body's apear to others. i personally would not date any girl that needed implants to improve their self esteem.
i know quite a few with implants and a large percentage are stuct on themselves.

You obviously haven't been paying attention to that aspect of many female skydivers at the DZs.....if women there with breast augmentation didn't jump or do tandems, business would be significantly less.....:$

"The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly." --GK Chesterton

The reason that she can't jump is that the boob implants significantly increase the risk of the instructor developing object fixation.

:D
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein