triguyjoe

The Great Leap, Michel Fournier attempts jump from 130,000ft on Sunday

and now

"Great news …. We just started to inflate the balloon. Its 4h15 local and will take about 45 minutes. Thereafter, Michel will start his ascent which will take about 2h15 and after taking a great LOOK at the curvature of the earth and looking at the black of space unlike we see the blue sky. Michel will jump. He has a camera on him and he will be able to film. Furthermore, Clay center is filming and with the telescopic camera that they have (best in the world) we will have outstanding images. Will keep you posted"

the balloon is inflated, he is suited up and the wheather looks good - what can stop him now? ;)

Answer to myself: His balloon floats away unexpectetly...

:ph34r:
MWAHAHAHAAAHAHAH

that was the funniest excuse EVER
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

"The team is said to have back-up balloons on hand, but Oliver there is no word yet whether Fournier will proceed with another attempt."

I hope he tries again soon and that the new publicity will bring more sponsors.

Financing is half the challenge. He sold his house and many of his possessions to pay for the equipment.

I am guessing that they could take care of it real quick if it is a technical glitch on the balloon attachment.

However what I feel bad about is $500,000 just flew away and whether the team can recover financially to try again.

That or the man upstairs is trying to tell him something....:|

I'm going with that theory.

Is there a good reason to expect he won't have stability problems?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

the balloon is inflated, he is suited up and the wheather looks good - what can stop him now? ;)

Answer to myself: His balloon floats away unexpectetly...

:ph34r:
MWAHAHAHAAAHAHAH

that was the funniest excuse EVER

Seriously, is this guy for real? His baloon floated away? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

After reading many news articles on this, I'm beginning to piece together some clues of what might have happened from unconfirmed reports.

One Canadian article says that there was a problem with the oxygen system causing the launch to abort.

Other articles say that they can't determine whether the balloon cutaway was by accident or intentional. I guess, maybe someone on the ground witnessed someone physically detaching the balloon.

Another report mentions a siren (or truck horns) just moments before the balloon detached.

I speculate is that there was a problem with the O2 system, and someone triggered the abort for the team to detach the balloon.

A news conference is scheduled later on to discuss the exact cause.

"The press conference will take place at 16:00. Michel Fournier will host journalists in the presence of all his team."

That's 4pm Mountain time zone.

Lost balloon scrubs freefall attempt

Skydiver Michel Fournier's third attempt to free fall from 130,000 feet fails when his balloon unexpectedly floats away.

Meanwhile, 30 miles downwind, a new "Roswell" conspiracy is born, as fragments of alien spacesuit fabric from a crashed UFO are discovered in the countryside...