justintime1983

Stupid things you have done to go skydiving?

OK Im sure that some of you are sick of the newbie post. This is one so uhh if Im going to upset you... PLEASE STOP READING.

I've heard that that skydiving is a life style not a hobby. So with that in mind I pose the question what have you done which might not have been the most responsible thing at the time so that you could skydive.

Personally, because of some recent events I have a choice know how Im going to make my mortgage payment, or finish my AFF plus hopefully do like 4 or 5 more jumps that day. I have gone with the later.

Now before anyone posts about the irresponsibility of that know that I am a real-estate finance major in my last year. I know what Im doing, really banking on it all comes out in the wash.

Im sure your out there what silly choices have you made to go skydiving.
I keep telling my friends skydiving will fix all your problems, Im a fibber you just let go a minute at a time. Choose what to do with it.

OK Im sure that some of you are sick of the newbie post. This is one so uhh if Im going to upset you... PLEASE STOP READING.

I've heard that that skydiving is a life style not a hobby. So with that in mind I pose the question what have you done which might not have been the most responsible thing at the time so that you could skydive.

Personally, because of some recent events I have a choice know how Im going to make my mortgage payment, or finish my AFF plus hopefully do like 4 or 5 more jumps that day. I have gone with the later.

Now before anyone posts about the irresponsibility of that know that I am a real-estate finance major in my last year. I know what Im doing, really banking on it all comes out in the wash.

Im sure your out there what silly choices have you made to go skydiving.

cool. unlike you, I'm not a money man, and don't know what im doing financially. doesn't stop me from taking out student loans to buy new gear all the time.

you'll find many who strike a balance and can KEEP IT but you'll also find plenty who sell their shit or start living in a tent on the DZ to afford the lifestyle.

answer your question?

Funny, I moved into my truck so I could save money to quit working for a year or so and take a cross country climbing trip. Well, skydiving wiped out that cash :Dand now I think I'll be working / truck dwelling for and additional 6-12 months to buy a rig and save some cash before I quit.
But now I need to save a bit extra to cover jump tickets!!:S

If your gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Your mom goes HandHeld

You have a topper on your truck right?

Either way that is preaty cool.

NOPE. I just sleep inder the truck when it rains. . .;)

J/K YEah have a topper but it started leaking not too long ago so I gotta re-seal it between the bed and shell and caulk the windows. I have a plywood platform I built into with a futon on top and room to store things in plastice bins underneath. . .clothes, food, gear, campstove etc. . .
If your gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Your mom goes HandHeld

>Now before anyone posts about the irresponsibility of that know that
>I am a real-estate finance major in my last year.

That's sort of a funny statement. "Yes, my stunt with this hula-hoop, that greased pig and that rocket engine may seem foolish to you. But trust me, I'm an aerospace major."

I know what Im doing, really banking on it all comes out in the wash.

This quote belongs in SC.

I've quit a job and traveled and gone to work for a DZ; I think I've earned a few chops. But, ya know, I never messed around with things that could follow me for a long time (like defaulting on a loan) to skydive.

But then again, for me it's a hobby. The silliest thing I've done for skydiving is probably dissed my family for jumping weekends. There have been plenty of jumping weekends since then, and lucky for me, there has been plenty of family since then too.

Youth is meant to be pissed away; that's what enjoying it consists of :ph34r:. But don't fuck up your old age in the meantime.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

BARELY paid my rent this month, but started working some bullsh*t jobs on the weekends (on top of my 40 hr "real" job, single motherhood and school-econ BA)

Silliest thing? not so silly but I am currently spending my weekends learning the ropes of manifest at my DZ to support this hobby and my need/love for it....

You gotta do what you gotta do!

blue skies
kick ass finishing your aff
"A man only gets in life what he is believing for, nothing more and nothing less" Kenneth Hagen

I have a choice know how Im going to make my mortgage payment, or finish my AFF plus hopefully do like 4 or 5 more jumps that day. I have gone with the later.

Just don't bitch later about losing your house over a few skydives.

Skydiving will always be here for you, whenever you can get around to it.

Your house can be taken from you, your credit ruined, and you'll be a long time getting into another one.

Be prepared to pay, and accept, the consequences of your decision.

I think it's a bad idea.

I didnt say I wasnt going to make it. I said I didnt know how I was going to make it. Im not late till the 16th of next month. by then I could sell my car then do a buy here pay here, or get a roomie. (Hey anyone looking in the nashville area) The cash advance people love me along with the title loan people.

I only have to make it till Feb durring tax time. Woohoo $7500 refundable tax credit for buying the house.

I will make it just dont know how.

Everything always works out. Ive been sliding by for about six years now, realtor commision earned for buying my house was supposed to pay for AFF but well ex roomie messed it up. I just refuse to quit at the end when it will become somewhat affordable.
I keep telling my friends skydiving will fix all your problems, Im a fibber you just let go a minute at a time. Choose what to do with it.

Ditched my family on every major holiday since I started in May. They all were going to our cabin in WI, I stayed home and went to SDC everytime. I felt bad, but at the same time I didn't. I was having too much fun. [:/]

I've also spent about a quarter of my college money on skydiving. Not loans, but money I had in the market designated as college money. [:/]
I'm not looking forward to my parents finding out. B|

Ditched my family on every major holiday since I started in May. They all were going to our cabin in WI, I stayed home and went to SDC everytime. I felt bad, but at the same time I didn't. I was having too much fun. [:/]

I've also spent about a quarter of my college money on skydiving. Not loans, but money I had in the market designated as college money. [:/]
I'm not looking forward to my parents finding out. B|

That sounds like it could get messy.[:/]

I didn't make my flight home to go back to work (read important meeting) from the boogie...see attached. Yes, I am wearing a batman cape. [:/]:S:):D:D

New here. Umm "read important meeting" there isnt a link do I just search?

Hey another question does "blue skies" just mean that horrible feeling you get when you walk outside and see full cloud cover and feel bad for everyone waiting at the dropzone?

So one day it was bring and sunny and I hadn't jumped in over a month but I was scheduled to work. I didn't really feel like going to work, so I went skydiving instead.

And wouldn't ya know it, those bastards had the nerve to fire me:D:D Good thing I didn't want to work at the damn pizza shop anymore. Really, it was just a side job I picked up for spare cash over the winter anyway.

I joined a team that quickly dissolved before the season really got going. I never told my parents that there wasn't a team anymore, but they are still under the impression that we are contractually required to make a certain amount of jumps per season. It lets me go "practice" even when they come visit, so I can get a few jumps in while they're here. :)

~Nikki
http://www.facebook.com/poe62

Irgity Dirgity

Nothing wrong with a tent, I live in one every weekend on the DZ! Stupid things...I've turned down countless weekend dates since the women I meet live where I live, which is 2 hours from the DZ. My standard line to all new women I meet now is "if you want to see me on the weekend you will have to find the DZ."
I don't get laid as much anymore...
The brave may not live forever, but the timid never live at all.

I meant read deeper into the situation, missed my flight back home which is where my work is which happened to consist of a pretty important meeting the next day. I missed my flight, missed the meeting, boss was p*ssed, and I was skydiving (between weather holds)

I also was rather innebriated when I finally made the flight home, fell down the escalator in ATL and (while wearing a batman cape, my rig, and a skydive shirt- yes I was that guy) proceeded to tell the flight attendant that I was afraid of flying and I'll trade my seat on the oversold flight. She told me if i got off the plane they probably wouldnt let me on another one due to my current physical state and suggested i take a seat. I promptly shut up and was driving a desk in my office the following day. [:/]:(

So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

>Now before anyone posts about the irresponsibility of that know that
>I am a real-estate finance major in my last year.

That's sort of a funny statement. "Yes, my stunt with this hula-hoop, that greased pig and that rocket engine may seem foolish to you. But trust me, I'm an aerospace major."

Yep, right up there with " Here, hold my beer and watch this!"

Just burning a hole in the sky.....

I put up with this bitch's shit for 11 years. thought I needed her to afford skydiving. that was pretty stupid. turns out now that i have been single for 5 years I can afford to skydive more! but I did love the mean bitch. and being in my daughter's life played a big part in it to.. but now that i've got money to jump. I have to work every other weekend to pay for it. then weather knocks out a few weekends. we really need a 7 day a week d.z. in nashville. with a turbine would be nice. just a small one a caravan. I'd even put up with a small ass door on a pac 750 but a cessna would work. even thur fri sat sun would be great for me. I'd be there every thur fri that we had weather
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .