Casch

How do you use your Closing Pin Necklace?

wore it all the time till it broke about 2 months ago..

i did met a skydiver while i was in kuwait because of it.. I was teaching a class to the soldiers i was supporting and another Lt. came in to talk to the platoon leader.. when he saw my closing pin during a break we started talking about skydiving.. the platoon leader (his tent mate) was like 'oh shit now i have to put up with two of you jonesing for sky??? sheeesh!" ;)B|

Post: the ones i make are hemp, the more you get them wet the softer they get, so after a while with a new one, i take it off to shower and sleep sometimes. i'll have a bunch for sale in rantoul. and i wear mine on jumps and have never lost one, nor has anyone who has one by me.
peace
lew
---------------------------------------------------------
I need a new one cause mine broke. Maybe you could stop by the Wings booth in Rantoul and show me what you've got? I woul be forever grateful!

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

I wear mine 24/7, there was a period of time for about six weeks when I wasn't able to wear it, though I kept it in my BDU breast pocket. I haven't gotten any dates out of it yet, I've had a bunch of whuffos ask "What is that supposed to mean" and I did have someone think it was a satanic symbol

Chris
I thought of the odds of me succeeding, versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and I went ahead anyway.

What's a pull-up tool ? - I figure something to do with packing ??

Its the piece of cord you put through the closing loop to pull it up through the grommets and then insert the pin/ripcord/static line when closing the container.

Often its a flat, fluorescent coloured piece of material with sponsors logos printed on it, although you can can other pull-up cords if required. It is a good idea to keep it attached to your trousers, because otherwise it will be thieved. ;)

not quite - thats a pull up cord. A pull up tool (eg pack boy) is a length of cord with a cylindrical metal handle that does exactly the same job as a pull up cord. When not in use the cord goes round the neck and then connects with the other end of the handle to form a kinda necklace.

I've only taken mine off for MRI's, otherwise, it's been tied on for a couple years now. I asked the riggers @ CK for a length of old parachute line. I daisy chained the line and put the closing pin on it and tied it around my neck.

I shower, swim, skydive, etc with it and it's still in great shape. Normally, I keep it tucked into my shirt. It's more for me then others, but I think I might start wearing it out more often now that I'm thinking about it.

ep

I wear it during the day but take it off for the night...

I usually keep it a bit hidden when my friends are around because they know what it is and it gives me a "uh uh I'm a skydiver , I'm so great B|" look.
They're also tired of my "go skydive now" routine so the pin is some kind of harassment too for them :ph34r:

In public places (concerts, bars) I leave it visible and one other skydiver recognized it.

Demain l'Indépendance!

"That makes me angry, and when Dr. Evil gets angry, Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset. And when Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset....people DIE!!!"

Oops forgot:

- I never wear it during freefall (afraid to lose it).

- I usually don't bring it to the DZ... (It usually acts as a reminder of this magnificient sport during boring moments in school/job. So I don't need "remembering" when I have a rig on.)

Rêvez bleu

"That makes me angry, and when Dr. Evil gets angry, Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset. And when Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset....people DIE!!!"

Now wearing it 24/7

Instead of Rings, Janna & I exchanged matching closing pin necklaces for our marriage vows after our 20 way into the Lang Creek Brewery as part of the annual Lost Prairie Boogie.

"Mad John" officiated.

Blue Skies!

Harry
"Harry, why did you land all the way out there? Nobody else landed out there."

"Your statement answered your question."

24/7 -- Just started though as I hate wearing jewelry. I'm more interested in what type do others wear and why?

I ordered a cammo one with black washers and cork beads. They sent me a flame one instead. I wear it because I also have a Harley that is dressed up in flames.B|

It's a SS spermatozoa.That's what to tell to whuffos

-That's brilliant, can I steal that!?
I wear mine 24/7, it never comes off.
I am having a really rough ride at the moment and touching it, always makes me feel better.
I am dying to spot one outside a DZ.
cheers
g
(PRV);)

I ordered a cammo one with black washers and cork beadsB|

Where can you order these things?

Also, I only have one jump (by the end of this weekend I'll have like 5 or 6, fyi). So is it like bad-form for a newbie to wear these things? I don't want to wear one if there is some unspoken rule against wearing them until you have a license or something like that. Don't need any weird looks from the veterans at the DZ. ;)

Thanks for any help.

-Kramer

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

I wear mine 24/7....just met a woman who used to jump at my DZ the other day while I was shopping cuz of it......

I tell whuffos that it is a skydiving thing...don't go into further explaination. I have found THAT is more trouble than it is worth!

~Anne

I'm a Doll!!!!

Just got mine, taking it apart to "personalize it", but plan to wear it all the time, a way to say what I do and a way to meet others who do.

P.S. O the TV show, Race to the Altar, one of the guys on the shos is wearing one. Eyes jumped right to it.
CYA!....up there

I wear mine 24/7 and it never is off...even for showers...when my job or my new fucking partner that I hate get's under my skin, I just rub it and it reminds me of good times, good friends, and good skydives....
..:)

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

I'm doing my AFF at the moment and the first thing I'm going to do when I finish my consols is buy a closing pin necklace as a souvenir to remind me of the the day I made it as a fully qualified skydiver. I will probally wear it most days but not always showing, as I might look like a show off.
Live hard, Live fast, Die broke.
D.S. 118118

I bought myself a closing pin necklace right after AFF as well, to date I have yet to take it off. I don't care who sees it or asks about it. This necklace is for me, a reminder of how lucky i consider myself to be a part of this awesome sport and the changes it has made in my life.
"A man only gets in life what he is believing for, nothing more and nothing less" Kenneth Hagen