floormonkey

Skydive Dallas under new management

News we've been waiting for...

Dear Friends,

Skydive Dallas is pleased to announce that North Texas' premiere dropzone is under new management. Oak Cliff native and long-time Skydive Dallas fixture Johnny Kuczaj took the reins as General Manager this past Sunday, August 17th, 2008.

For those of you who don't know Johnny, he has been on the DZ staff for close to five years as an AFF Instructor, SDU Coach, Rigger, Freefly Coach, Load Organizer, Videographer, and honest to goodness Jack-of-all-Trades. Prior to joining the Skydive Dallas staff, Johnny was General Manager of Zero Gravity (http://www.gojump.com/) for four years and brings a wide range of skydiving and management know-how to his new position.

We hope you are as excited as we are to have Johnny's energy and enthusiasm at the helm of our wonderful dropzone and hope you will give him your full support as he works to lead Skydive Dallas into a new, and very bright, future.

Sincerely,
Carol & Lee Schlichtemeier, Owners
The Skydive Dallas Staff

Carol & Lee:

Many thanks for hosting the 36-ways last weekend. Even with the weather delays, we all had a great time and did some really fun, challenging jumps with Larry Henderson at the helm.

I think the change will be extremely good for SDD and I look forward to visiting for many more years.

Blues,

Jim Alkek

I heard the first thing he'll do is ban RW.

For those of you noobs who don't know: Johny is a seasoned RW enthusiast who had to live undercover and hide under a skin of freeflier for years. Now, under his management, RW will be promoted in all possible ways. The freefliers will be required to form teams (VRW is ok), stretch in the morning, train all day and go to bed at 9 pm (so they can get up at 6 am and train more). :P:PB|

What was going on with the previous manager that caused this change to occur?

I've heard rumors and speculation, but they're just that at this point, rumors and speculation, so I'll decline to comment on the reasons.

I will tell you that regardless of the reason for the change, I haven't yet talked to a single person that doesn't view this as a very positive change for Skydive Dallas!

All hail King Johnny! :P

BTW, he's not banning RW, but he does secretly have plans to turn the entire main landing area into a giant swoop pond.

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."

I said I DON'T KNOW. The 'I don't use skyride' was supposed to be a joke.

I also don't care one way or the other.

Not caring one way or the other is one thing and is still somewhat respected, but someone who accepts skyride is doing nothing but promoting the scam. Just remember, us in Tennessee have a new law to stop the sLyride scam. If you didn't see the thread when we got it passed, Here's the law; http://www.legislature.state.tn.us/bills/currentga/Chapter/PC0873.pdf

Enjoy the reading and pass it on to your state legislators. They would love to keep their registered voters from getting scammed.
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org