format

RSL or why not

RSL, yes.

Why? I'd prefer to hit the ground with line twists as opposed to at or before line stretch.

in testing the skyhook produced lees linetwists thatn normal deployments.

after may thuis year i will most likely never jump without a skyhook again,

2 new custom microns and a personal sigma:P
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

I voted NO, but thats MY choice, and only mine.

I've had a reserve twisted badly in line twist, and it was diving just like my main. If you choose to disconnect your RSL, IMO you should be prepared to pull abit higher, and be prepared to make your decisions for stability at a higher altitude.

The Skyhook seems like a good alternative to the RSL.
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

I roll with a skyhook RSL in the ready to operate configuration

even though it will probably beat me to the punch, I have high confidence (read that as hope) that I would follow through with my emergency procedures and pull my reserve handle anyway.

I fly a pretty docile canopy though, loaded at 1.25 no cameras, and I don't do crew
if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

There are several good reasons to not jump with and RSL; shooting pictures or some other highly specialized type of skydiving, but, if you want to go with the odds, you every buy a lottery ticket or gamble occasionally, have it and keep it hooked up. There are way too many reasons to have it than not. You are in denial to not use one.
Dano

I'm very pro-RSL however I almost exclusively jump a full camera helmet so cannot use one myself. I have 7 cutaways, the ones with RSL the RSL either helped me or not hindered me (ie, I didn't even get a single linetwist on my reserve after chopping a spinner on my back), one chop without RSL I very much would have liked to have RSL as I didn't jump camera that one jump, I opened lower than usual and I ended up on my back after my cutaway, with the RSL the reserve would've been out before I flipped onto my back so would've been under my reserve sooner.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

2nd chop, with RSL - beautifull:
I beleive less than 250 ft resulted in soft reserve ride.

3rd
like Bodypilot1
I've had scary experience:
cutaway/fired out of spin
time stopped - reserve PC staring at me from above, me being on the back, kinda slowly realized that wide bridle is routed between my left hand and body - I moved it away instantly - sure it openned

but since then
I preffere to pull higher, without playing rsLotto.

and for Disclaimer:
I voted NO, but that's MY choice, and only mine and so
What goes around, comes later.

I haven't yet had a mal but after a lot of reading and discussions i chose to order a skyhook for my Vector 3. I think having an RSL also depends on what sort of jumping you intend on doing but 99% of the time i think having an RSL is a good idea. Even better if it's a skyhook.

Simon
If in doubt, whip it out...

I needed to be able to use multiple answers. I have one rig with a Skyhook and one rig with nothing(Cypress or RSL). I voted for Skyhook because if I had ordered both rigs new, they would both have Skyhooks. I'm not against a regular RSL, if I'm jumping a rig with one, I don't disconnect it.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

I voted no....The rig I bought didn't have one.

I voted "it depends" as the best answer, but I currently don't have one.
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

8 reserve rides and I have never used an RSL. All cutaways, no totals.

I have never deployed a reserve below 1000 feet.

For the life of me I can not understand why anyone would release the main and not immediately deploy the reserve but it happens.

One of lifes mysteries I guess.....
Onward and Upward!

Things that have not happen, happen all the time!

You can either go with the logical and compiled facts or listen to anecdotal information. The facts say that overall, you are safer with an RSL than not. Thinking otherwise is simply denial except in very few circumstances like a camera on your helmet.
Dano

except in very few circumstances like a camera on your helmet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

or a hand or leg, I can't avoid wearing those, you know.

.. and those are bigger then camera

You should listen instead of trying to be a smart ass - I am sure someone very smart told you RSLs are bad but once again ----- RSLs HAVE SAVED WAY MORE PEOPLE THAN THEY HAVE KILLED - WHICH MEANS YOU HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF SURVIVAL WITH ONE - THIS IS A FACT!!

I personally wear a RSL on my wingsuit rig and do not use an RSL on my camera high wing loaded rig.

RSLs are a choice and all the 100 jump wonders that have never had a cutaway should be wearing one regardless of what they have been told or read - the choice you make may not make you cool but it might just save your life

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

I listen and read, you are not.

I did have my hand almost disabling my reserve to open - because of an RSL, on my 3rd cutaway.

Is it o.k. for me NOW not to connect it?
By your smart standards?

I listen and read, you are not.

I did have my hand almost disabling my reserve to open - because of an RSL, on my 3rd cutaway.

Is it o.k. for me NOW not to connect it?
By your smart standards?

out of curiosity, what are you doing that caused at least 3 cutaways in under 140 jumps ?

Perhaps it's a chain of events that lead to the RSL being detrimental in your situation ? Such chain a lot of times has a big presence of human error :)