markovwgti

1.333 Wingloading with 160 jumps....

> Doing 200mph every day on your motorcycle... now that's f'ing nuts.
>Sabre 135 is way safer than that.. not even kidding. Seriously.

BASE jumping by yourself - now that's f'in nuts. Doing 200mph every day on your motorcycle is way safer than that. Seriously.

There's always something more dangerous. Doesn't mean a thing.

"Dude, you're jumping a Xaos-21 99 at 100 jumps! That's fucking nuts!"
"Yeah. But Luigi is jumping a 39 square foot canopy."
"Oh, well, the 99 is WAY safer than that. Seriously. You'll be fine."

> Doing 200mph every day on your motorcycle... now that's f'ing nuts.
>Sabre 135 is way safer than that.. not even kidding. Seriously.

BASE jumping by yourself - now that's f'in nuts. Doing 200mph every day on your motorcycle is way safer than that. Seriously.

There's always something more dangerous. Doesn't mean a thing.

"Dude, you're jumping a Xaos-21 99 at 100 jumps! That's fucking nuts!"
"Yeah. But Luigi is jumping a 39 square foot canopy."
"Oh, well, the 99 is WAY safer than that. Seriously. You'll be fine."

bro look at the statistics...base jumping is no way in hell safer then riding motorcycles...check the numbers....

To be fair here....a 1.3 wingloading on a Sabre 2 with 160 jumps isn't a death wish. Can it be? Sure. Maybe a bit aggressive but not alarming. Attitude and what this person is learning at the DZ is important. If this person has done the checklist, has taken canopy control courses...etc.. then, well 1.3 is pushing it but in my opinion not over the top.
Losers make excuses, Winners make it happen
God is Good
Beer is Great
Swoopers are crazy.

I agree with you, but look at OUR jump numbers, we don't know anything either. ;)

I think a fun way to celebrate your 97th jump would be to jump a 97, but I'm a retard. :P

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

I agree with you, but look at OUR jump numbers, we don't know anything either. ;)

I think a fun way to celebrate your 97th jump would be to jump a 97, but I'm a retard. :P

hmmm maybe il celebrate my 200th jump with a 200 sq ft canopy....why would you jump a 97 sq ft canopy with 97 jumps...whats wrong with you man...thats how people get hurt...jeez

To be fair here....a 1.3 wingloading on a Sabre 2 with 160 jumps isn't a death wish. Can it be?

I agree.

Re: [markovwgti] 1.333 Wingloading with 160 jumps....
Here is what I think. According to your profile you already have 40 camera jumps and since you didn't follow the recommendations for jumping a camera, I would assume that you aren't going to follow any recommendations regarding your canopy progression.

Some people have a really full luck bucket and can get away with LUCK versus skill. I wish you the best but this can be an unforgiving sport and it doesn't become less forgiving when safety recommendations are ignored.

Maybe you are the exception and for your sake I hope you are. Like I said I honestly wish you the best.

That's my point.

The odds are that within the next 200 jumps you will either hurt yourself or you will be dead.

I think that is massively overstating the case, and as such is not really helpful.

Sure, he's probably more likely to hurt himself under the 150 than the 170 but I don't for one minute believe that he's got a better than 50% chance of seriously injuring himself if he stays on it. Hyperbole of that type, or the "why not jump a sub-100 x-braced already" probably isn't very conducive to getting this guy to listen.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

he`s not dead yet!! so he must have done something right;)

Week ain't over yet!

YES YES YES....THAT`S THE SPIRIT!!!!! thumbs up...let`s all hope he would die....
maybe you will get some happiness in your life too:|

I'm a pretty happy guy, except when I gotta help scrape someone up with a stick & a spoon.

I've seen way too many guys ball it up to cut ANY slack, even if the guy has 'mad skillz'.

People that KNOW have said 1.333 is bad for that guy, maybe a dose of HEY the reaper is lurking will open an eye.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Week ain't over yet!

Ha! What do you know? Mr. Negativity... :)

A guy comes here for a little support and all the experienced people have done is give him grief.
What do you guys know anyway? ;)
Isn't anyone with more than 200 jumps going to agree with him ? :)

The whole point of creating the thread was to find someone to agree with him.
If the purpose was advice, the thread would have only run two pages.

On the positive side, it is rare to see a thread that is this one-sided(not that it means anything). With the exception of one person, everyone is in agreement. Maybe he should post something in Speakers Corner.

I don't agree either, really, my best advice is a low deductible.
:ph34r:

HEY the reaper is lurking will open an eye.

Havent you ever seen the shirt...Skydiver..We knock on deaths dooor....and then run away...hahaha...im runninnnnnn

You really are acting pretty cocky. It's really sad how people would act over the internet. It's ok, live hard and take chances. Odds are you will make it through, but damn the downside really sucks if you don't. You're the type of person I wouldn't want to skydive with and I sure as hell wouldn't do you any favors.

This sport is a small world you should try and remember that. It's really gonna suck when you want a favor from someone down the road and they remember that you stuck your middle finger up to them.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

HEY the reaper is lurking will open an eye.

Havent you ever seen the shirt...Skydiver..We knock on deaths dooor....and then run away...hahaha...im runninnnnnn

Guess it didn't work...the open an eye thing...:|

Oh well...party on d00d....whatever the worst is, that could happen to you jumping that canopy...I'll be fine! :ph34r:

Week ain't over yet!

Ha! What do you know? Mr. Negativity... :)

A guy comes here for a little support and all the experienced people have done is give him grief.
What do you guys know anyway? ;)
Isn't anyone with more than 200 jumps going to agree with him ? :)

The whole point of creating the thread was to find someone to agree with him.
If the purpose was advice, the thread would have only run two pages.

On the positive side, it is rare to see a thread that is this one-sided(not that it means anything). With the exception of one person, everyone is in agreement. Maybe he should post something in Speakers Corner.

I don't agree either, really, my best advice is a low deductible.
:ph34r:

i either agree or disagree, to be honest i don`t care if choose to jump a sabre, stiletto or a baserig..as long as he enjoy the jumps

....as long as he enjoy the jumps

Yup....that's all that matters.B|

Well, that and not taking anyone else out, oh and shutting down the dz for an hour when medevac comes...then there's the bad press to deal with.

But hey I'm sure he'll be alright and as long as everyone is having fun...it's ALL GOOD!:)

Well, that and not taking anyone else out, oh and shutting down the dz for an hour when medevac comes...then there's the bad press to deal with.

... and people are loosing they`re jobs, starting to drink, get homeless, what next 3 world-war...armageddon............all this because of one person who wanna jump a canopy at wingload 1,333....., let`s all face it folks...the end is near. it`s hopeless