markovwgti

1.333 Wingloading with 160 jumps....

Well, that and not taking anyone else out, oh and shutting down the dz for an hour when medevac comes...then there's the bad press to deal with.

... and people are loosing they`re jobs, starting to drink, get homeless, what next 3 world-war...armageddon............all this because of one person who wanna jump a canopy at wingload 1,333....., let`s all face it folks...the end is near. it`s hopeless

I though you said you didn't agree OR disagree...sounds to me like you definitely have an opinion.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

From this and his other posts is seems obvious to me that he is either:

a) entertainment troll (loves stirring poo)
b) looking for attention to build his self esteem
c) combination of a and b.

Marko, stop trolling. You are acting like a little girl. Grow up.
Everyone else: please stop feeding him.

As for your question:
I humbly think you will probably not injure yourself on this canopy, although your chances of serious injury are highly increased. And if something goes bad you will wish you had something bigger over your head. Remember: You have all your life to downsize.

Just like with your posts about camera flying, possible head down coaching, your in air awareness (to which people commented you are unsafe on skydivingmovies.com), future tandem shooting, and downsizing.... dude, you have all your life, make it long. Take it easy.

And always make sure you fill your bucket of skills before your luck runs out. Peace.

>the way i recall it 70% of people that posted on my thread is giving me
> the middle finger telling me im going to die...i didnt hurt or disrespect
> anybody on here physically or emotionally

No one here is "giving you the middle finger." They are doing what you might do to a friend of yours who is falling down drunk and wants to drive a chick he just met home. You might tell him no. You might tell him he's an idiot. You might even tell him he's going to die, and kill her in the process. if he tries to do something so stupid.

Would you be doing that because you hate him? Would you be "giving him the middle finger" so to speak? Or would you be trying to help him?

hey rich im down to sit down and chat for hours upon hours over any sort of material!! Im really hoping on doing that alot this summer..Miller lites gross....beer is gross alltogether!!! jerry....ehhh..no comment lol

Marko All I have to say is PA removed by slotperfect. I think you posted this because you are not getting enough attention at home PA removed by slotperfect. Either way you are PA removed by slotperfect. While you are at it why don't you tell everyone how last summer you wanted to go buy a base rig and start jumping off anything you could without any training. Stop giving the sport a bad name.
Never give the gates up and always trust your rears!

Quoted text contining PAs removed by slotperfect

Those are pretty harsh words but they aren't words that most USPA/Skydive U coaches would use in a public forum. Friendly advice;) You are in a position to help foster attitudes.
Think of how stupid the average person is and realize that statistically half of them are stupider than that.

hey rich im down to sit down and chat for hours upon hours over any sort of material!! Im really hoping on doing that alot this summer..Miller lites gross....beer is gross alltogether!!! jerry....ehhh..no comment lol

Quoted text containing PAs removed by slotperfect

jerry you got the wrong person on that one..i never said i wanted to go buy a base rig and start jumping off random objects...i said i wanted to start base jumping but never said what u said ;)

Where are those threads by that guy who started massive flame wars about his canopy progression last year or so? He got told by everyone he'd downsized too fast and was going to kill himself and gave everyone crap and attitude back in return - just like this guy.

There were a couple of long threads in the canopy control forum at least where he was telling everyone he had natural skills and was downsizing safely under instruction and we were all just being sick bitching at him for no reason.

Then of course there's the thread about him in the incident forum when he killed himself under his little canopy and everyone was bummed that he hadn't listened to them. :|

as a sidenote i also remember a thread, were it was argued, that a good deal of jumpers is downsizing rather quickly, without turning out to be DGIT's or members of the bounce bingo club.
my guess is, that it's just the jumpers shopping for convenient answers and a questionable attitude turning up in the incidents forum.
before anyone flames away: No, i do not think it is a wise decision to downsize qickly, to fly a semi-eliptical at 1.3 at less than 200 jumps. if i were to buy a new canopy, i'd go for one size bigger than what i've been flying for the last years
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

think that is massively overstating the case, and as such is not really helpful.

Sure, he's probably more likely to hurt himself under the 150 than the 170 but I don't for one minute believe that he's got a better than 50% chance of seriously injuring himself if he stays on it. Hyperbole of that type, or the "why not jump a sub-100 x-braced already" probably isn't very conducive to getting this guy to listen.

Its not just a canopy choice, its the totality of the situation. Over the years I've seen guys like this one come and go. Same attitude. Nothing necessarily too extreme in the individual choices made, but when added up as a whole it was a complete recipe for disaster.

Prior to my post there were already a number of happy lets hug it out responses trying to persuade the jumper that he's making bad choices. That doesn't work with these little skygods. You've got just lay out the truth with no tact. The problem is 9 times out of 10 it still doesn't work. You have to wait for that little skygod to either hurt himself or come really close with a really hard scare (usually involves skipping off the ground with a low turn but somehow coming away unbroken). Then you say I told you so, followed by all the instruction that the little skygod thought he knew and wouldn't listen to previously.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

if 9 out of 10 dont listen, maybe its not being told the right way. the odds are in favor of that statement.

i know for sure, that people that act towards me that way, i block 'em out generally. it does put people off.

do you like a teacher to read out of the book? to tell you, if you fail at this, you'll fail all classes later on? and will eventually die from it? that makes every student try as hard as they can, to prove that idiot wrong. the teacher might be right, but it doesnt help the student.

a good teacher tries to involve his students, makes them relate a topic to something they've already might have experienced themselves. thus, they become involved, and the topic at hand becomes familiar with them much easier.

but what do i know, 89-jump wonder myself, jumping a wl of 1.2, and having already done WS'ing. am i bound to failure? well, in my case, i've decided to first work on canopy-skills, and not go after the WS anymore at this point in time.. that after some good PM's from members around here, and having put some more thought into the whole thing myself. i didnt do initially think that way. Group PA removed by slotperfect.

now, call me a little rebel, but i think being a skydiver, has a bit of that rebellion in it in itself.

take it for what its worth!
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I just spent 20 minutes cleaning this thread up, removing off-topic chatter, one-liners, and multiple PAs. I cleaned it up instead of locking it because any *clear* conversation about this issue has potential value to more than just the OP.

All: keep the thread on topic.

[warning]markovwgti, ozzy13, and virgin-burner - PAs are not tolerated in the forums [/warning]
Arrive Safely

John

but what do i know, 89-jump wonder myself, jumping a wl of 1.2, and having already done WS'ing. am i bound to failure? well, in my case, i've decided to first work on canopy-skills, and not go after the WS anymore

Given that the reccomendations for flying a WS start at more than twice your experience, are we supposed to applaud your choice to come back to a more 'normal' level?

What about the guy with 120 jumps who went in clean with a WS this summer? The only thing about that jump that stood out was his lack of experience. Everything else about it was normal and above board, until he flew himself into the ground.

And jumping at 1.2 with 89 jumps? Another area where you're pushing the limits. I'll derect you to the quote below, which I pulled from my earlier post in this thread -

You're already a 'rebel' and 'extreme' for just being a skydiver. Once you're at the DZ, how about dropping the ego, and just being a regular guy?

The DZ is tough place to stand out, and trying to be a bad-ass in that crowd is a dangerous business. There's a reason that bad-ass skydivers have years in the sport, and 1000's of jumps. It's because that's the only way to get there. There are no substitutions or exceptions.

Given that, it's clear that you will have to put in a shit-ton of jumps, and that it will take years to accomplish, so today, right now, slow down, and make sure you get yourself to that point.

the only remarkable with this thread is his motorbike...i don`t care if he choose to jump his deadly sabre, a baserig or his grandma.......put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could say I understand what you mean by that statement...but then people might think I take the 420 thing as seriously as you.;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

if 9 out of 10 dont listen, maybe its not being told the right way. the odds are in favor of that statement.

i know for sure, that people that act towards me that way, i block 'em out generally. it does put people off.

You are assuming that the presentation of the answer is the problem. It is the listening.

It is the "Dear Abby, please take my side, regardless..." post.

They are not asking a question and rejecting the answer. They are seeking an answer that confirmations their predetermined choice.

The problem is that the topic is not what color of dress to wear to the prom. If you make the wrong choice in this sport, you break something, kill yourself, kill my friend, or worse (there is "worse).

The responses get more heated because it is infuriating to converse that way. Trying to point out those realities while those attempts are rebutted by disrespect for actual knowledge of the topic.

Sometimes it is just trolls trying to torment the world.
Sometimes, it is people that others would like to meet, and jump with, one day. Therefore, it is worth wading through the crap, trolls, and stupidity to make that effort.

> if 9 out of 10 dont listen, maybe its not being told the right way. the
> odds are in favor of that statement.

Agreed. But in this case 9 out of 10 DO listen. It's the 1 out of 10 who posts here to defend his heavily loaded canopy choice that gets all the attention.

And funnily enough, yesterday his profile said his wingloading was 1.37:1 (which never matched his thread title). Today he's changed it to 1.27:1

He must have lost 15 lbs. !!!:)
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

No sense in trying to talk sense to virgin burner. There were other threads where he was gloating about his rebelling and other stupid shit. This kid is obviously just another case.

At least we can say we tried though. I'm happy knowing that I tried my best to not sound like a hypocrite or a douchebag when giving advice. If they don't wanna listen, screw them. Let all of their co-jumpers know that they are reckless and we'll see how much fun they have doing solos for the rest of their skydiving careers.. which by the looks of it, won't be much longer.

I don't get how so many people don't realize that they will receive so much more respect from people in this sport if they are just willing to listen to people that have experience.

Marko brother. Listen to the people who have a lot more experiance than you do. You are at a very dangerious point in your skydiving carreer. Unnecessary inflammatory text removed by slotperfect. Maybe you might learn something.

Guess I'll keep jumping at CPI so I don't have to watch you burn in bro.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192