CMiller

Safety Day

I think it is this Saturday, March 13th, at most DZ's.

If you missed it at your favorite DZ, call around and see who has one coming up.

Don't die this year, you would miss a lot of good stuff in the future! (Self packing canopies!)B|

Jump more, post less!

I think it is this Saturday, March 13th, at most DZ's.

If you missed it at your favorite DZ, call around and see who has one coming up.

Don't die this year, you would miss a lot of good stuff in the future! (Self packing canopies!)B|

He missed it at our DZ--we had ours a week early.

CMiller: It was the first Safety Day I've been to, so pretty much everything was useful. You can find some of the printouts at the USPA website here: http://www.uspa.org/USPAMembers/Safety/SafetyDay/tabid/79/Default.aspx [Look for the downloads section on the lower right side of the page.]

In general I would say some of the more advanced stuff the speakers were talking about [i.e. freeflying, track dives, CRW] was less pertinent to me as a student, but in the future still stuff I will be keeping in mind and can apply to general skydiving safety. Mainly, look out for your fellow man--be observant of fellow skydivers, look out for people who may be new or if you see something wrong, tell them. Protect yourself by doing thorough gear checks; this sport can't afford us to be too lax.

In general I would say some of the more advanced stuff the speakers were talking about [i.e. freeflying, track dives, CRW] was less pertinent to me as a student, but in the future still stuff I will be keeping in mind and can apply to general skydiving safety. Mainly, look out for your fellow man--be observant of fellow skydivers, look out for people who may be new or if you see something wrong, tell them. Protect yourself by doing thorough gear checks; this sport can't afford us to be too lax.

Hopefully the tracking dive info was good for you, Emily. That's a tremendously important skill to possess. Let's go track this weekend!

Not knowing Jewbag isn't exactly a bad thing.

But it's always interesting when he's around.:D

Hey, who's teaching any segments of Safety Day at their DZ? I'm doing "proper use of landing pattern to help prevent canopy collisions.":)

I did the wingsuit segment at Elsinore. I've got a powerpoint if it's of any use to anyone.

During the first aid portion of safety day I learned "if its wet and sticky and isn't yours wear a glove."

I especially liked the part where he said, "Since we are all skydivers we are all clean" and the whole room started laughing.
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.