flyhi

Next Time Pack Slider Down

2000 feet give or take.

First 1000 takes around 10 seconds, the next thousand is around 5 to 6 seconds.

The body position makes a difference especially on the next thousand feet. The flail position was definitely faster than belly flying. My guess the last person pulled at or just under 1000.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

I was waiting for this vid to get here, I saw it a few days ago. I don't think my ass has unpuckered yet. "That was fucking stupid! Never doing that again" Priceless:D

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

Wait till you accidently pull really low by accident.

Personally I would not have landed there either, but, take a gander at the exceptional freefly talent exhibited. My guess is they had relatively low jump numbers ;)

Regardless of how dumb it was to pull that low, why go and land in the only muddy spot on that side of the road? Could have at least made one good decision during that jump. At least walk away clean ya know!!

Still can't access it via the OP's link; but based on your description, I recognized it as one I saw on Youtube a couple years ago. It must be this one. Is it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWZXcn67Ej4&feature=PlayList&p=D4E5340E87B6C560&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=34

Still can't access it via the OP's link; but based on your description, I recognized it as one I saw on Youtube a couple years ago. It must be this one. Is it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWZXcn67Ej4&feature=PlayList&p=D4E5340E87B6C560&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=34

Yup.
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

And that's not the most hairy of low pulls by a duo. I can think of two other jumps that went lower, much lower. The champ has to be the guy I think was named Frankie, at maybe The Ranch? Two way with a buddy, and they realize too late they are way too low, Frankie had video on, and his video showed him flipping over belly to earth and pitching the PC, and the canopy sniveled all the way to fucking earth! You could see the shadow on the ground and see that the slider was not all the way down when he pounded in. He was able to get up and walk, but I believe he compressed a vertebra in his back. Can't remember exactly.

The other one I think was in California, of a head down two way. Both their cypres' fired, WHILE they were still HEAD-DOWN!!! :S

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

The other one I think was in California, of a head down two way. Both their cypres' fired, WHILE they were still HEAD-DOWN!!! :S

I know one of the jumpers (maybe both but I don't remember who the second jumper was. It was in the 90's ). He wore his cutter around his neck and shared his experience with many many people in hopes it would not happen to them.

The champ has to be the guy I think was named Frankie, at maybe The Ranch?

It was Frankie, and I believe that was in 2000.

It was a moment like the Olympics, where the outcome is measured in 100ths of a second. :S
"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

Holy shit...I like to be in the saddle by 3.5...that looked dumb....Im assuming no AAD?

We once launched a 4 way horny gorilla from an Otter at 2300 on a backyard demo. The guy with the AAD called the breakoff at 1400 by deploying in a sit in the formation! I won the low pull .... :(