shah269

Snivvle Snivvle...what to do while waiting?

Snivvle Snivvle...what to do?

Very odd n00b question. I have finally downsized to my Triathlon 210. I've noticed that the Triathlon opens much slower and softer than the student Navigators I was jumping. So much softer and slower.....I actually have time to look up at the opening sequence and ponder the meaning of life and all that fun stuff. So the question is what should a guy do to ensure safe and stable openings when there is a snivvle?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Since you asked, here's my 2 cents worth. First, hold a heading by looking at something out in the distance. The more you look around, the more chance to induce line twists. Second, count to 5, or maybe 7 or 8 with the Tri, just like you were taught in the ground school. That way, you keep track of time and don't spend the rest of your life looking up at a streamer.
You don't have to outrun the bear.

My rig has these comfy places to rest my hands.
I think they call them 'cutaway' and 'reserve' handles.
:P

On a couple of 2500 ft tandem streamers, I found if I popped the brakes and flared that the canopy appreciated the assistance and I didn't have to get rid of it.

Smart ass answer, use the time to learn how to spell 'snivel'.

Serious answer, you're talking about an extra 2 to 4 seconds over the opening time of a Nav. Just do what you always did, pay attention to the opening, and be ready for something weird to happen.

How about give the rear risers a tug to speed up the opening and help the slider come down? Unless of course, you have a thing for Ground Rush ;)

Other than that, try to keep your body symmetrical.

WILL DO!
:)
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

I've pumped the brakes to get some to open properly. Make sure you pull them both, and evenly too. ;)

Your saying you pull your brakes prior to inflation?
Replying to: Re: Stall On Jump Run Emergency Procedure? by billvon

If the plane is unrecoverable then exiting is a very very good idea.

I've pumped the brakes to get some to open properly. Make sure you pull them both, and evenly too. ;)

I had one that would not open until the brakes were released.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Yeah...is that a good idea? I mean pulling rears sure...but brakes?