MakeItHappen

New never before released info....

Recap:

Aug 2005: Skydive Arizona sued 1-800-Skyride et al
Oct 2005: 1-800-Skyride et. al sued USPA
Jul 2007: State of Georgia filed a complaint against 1-800-skyride et al
Nov 2007: USPA settled out of court with 1-800-Skyride et al
Aug 2008: State of Georgia issued a COURT ORDER to 1-800-skyride that included restitution of more than $128,000 to 363 customers.
Oct 2009: Skydive Arizona WON their lawsuit with a jury judgment of $6.4M
Apr 2010: Skydive Arizona WON additional claims (see attachment) resulting in $9.6M for Skydive Arizona

More details are available from publicly available court records.

See http://funjumper.com/skyride FMI.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

Recap:

Aug 2005: Skydive Arizona sued 1-800-Skyride et al
Oct 2005: 1-800-Skyride et. al sued USPA
Jul 2007: State of Georgia filed a complaint against 1-800-skyride et al
Nov 2007: USPA settled out of court with 1-800-Skyride et al
Aug 2008: State of Georgia issued a COURT ORDER to 1-800-skyride that included restitution of more than $128,000 to 363 customers.
Oct 2009: Skydive Arizona WON their lawsuit with a jury judgment of $6.4M
Apr 2010: Skydive Arizona WON additional claims (see attachment) resulting in $9.6M for Skydive Arizona

More details are available from publicly available court records.

See http://funjumper.com/skyride FMI.

Fascinating reading. Nice job, Jan.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I OBJECT!
:S

Overruled!
B|

ad nauseum.

Wow... only once did the judge rule in favor of Mr Matthews in the entire testimony.

Did Cary go for the cheapest lawyer he could find? Sometimes its like they say, you get what you pay for. :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I OBJECT!
:S

Overruled!
B|

ad nauseum.

Wow... only once did the judge rule in favor of Mr Matthews in the entire testimony.

Did Cary go for the cheapest lawyer he could find? Sometimes its like they say, you get what you pay for. :ph34r:

Maybe the "cost of doing business" is getting too expensive!B|
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

We need a happydance emoticon

Question, is there a class action suit that all DZs can claim now?

That is a damn good question. I know of several DZO's who would get in on it, but the brick wall I've ran in to during communicating with them is that nobody wants to start one and end up carrying the financial burden on their own. If someone will get it going, other DZo's will surely join in.
As we see, Cary's answer to court cases is to essentially say "Fuck it!" and start a new company name. I suppose that's his way of thumbing his nose at the system. And since the latest company name was exposed in the sLyride/Google ads thread and the other threads that expose their next new company name, it's quite obvious that someone or more like several someone's are going to have to step up to the plate and get a major class action going and hopefully take away Cary's ability to do business. If someone can start it, I know for a fact there's 5 DZO's in the southern region that I'm almost positive will get in on it and I know of others across the country that would be interested as well.
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

It's one thing to win. It's another to collect.

YEah... Good question. DID Skydive Arizona collect or dig Skyride file for bankruptcy? Nice jury award, but confused as to actual payment?

IF any money does change hands, I imagine it will be years down the road.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Very interesting.
For a court system that swears witnesses to tell "the whole truth", isn't it amazing how much time is spent in court trying to prevent the whole truth from being told?
Question for Jan: did the court show any inclination to force the defendants to pay the award, or is this another one Cary can safely ignore?
You don't have to outrun the bear.

Very interesting.
For a court system that swears witnesses to tell "the whole truth", isn't it amazing how much time is spent in court trying to prevent the whole truth from being told?
Question for Jan: did the court show any inclination to force the defendants to pay the award, or is this another one Cary can safely ignore?

The case was appealed by SR.
SDA has asked the court to demand a bond from SR so that SR does not dissipate assets.
SDA is also doing some other things to find the money and make sure it does not get transferred to lala land.
In court, SR showed a slide that said they made ~$24M from 2003 to 2008.

I don't think there are valid grounds for appeal. The court did not allow any information about any legal action against SR be presented before the jury. In a ironic twist, SR redacted part of my funjumper.com page from the SDA v SR exhibits (at trial), yet this same text was in the complaint that SR filed against USPA. That should give you an idea on how easily USPA could have won their case.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

Don't forget the Nashville court case...B|

Don't worry, the Nashville case has not been forgotten. Even though it was a really small case compared to the Eloy case, it was actually monumental because it showed that the 1 800 Skyride shell game can be beat.
If the info that I got about it was correct, you guys had the city legal team well informed about the shell game (just like the Eloy case was informed) and they were prepared for it and was hugely successful at executing the prosecution of that case.
The question is, if they try to post stickers again this year or in future years, would they be in Contempt of Court or would other legal action be brought against them?
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

So, Jan - "Exhibit 454", which is referenced via clicking-through to your link: "full and complete testimony of Jan Meyer" upon your website: funjumper.com/skyride ...

...Is that full exhibit itself also now, publicly available somewhere?
And if so, can you please possibly provide either a resource, or a direct-link for us, to obtain / view that particular document now as well?
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

It would be very simple to put Sky Ride out of business. DZO's, don't accept the certificates.

I think it would more of an indirect way to put them out of business. They've already proven that they don't have any problem running fraudulent sites such as the Skydive Wyoming site that was referenced in one of the last posts, but if there is no DZ's that accept their tickets, the fraud case would be easier to nail down and they could then be forced to shut down.

In other words, it don't matter if they have affiliate DZ's or not, they are still going to sell their worthless gift certificates and when they encounter a legal issue that they realize is a real threat, they just start a new company name and continue business as usual.
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

I spoke at great length with Sid Leach, the lawyer that represented SDA. If all of the DZO's got togther in each state we could take over the domain names SkyRide has pretty easily. Thousands of them. It would just take some $$.
And yes, I have a pending issue with SkyRide at the moment.:P

I do agree that the DZO's do need to get together to take their domains. That would be a damn good start. The only thing I can see that they would try to do is to just buy another domain that's as close as they can get to the ones that get seized and try to keep doing business.

I'm not sure if I can be of any assistance to you and your issue, but if there is anything, I'd be glad to help any way that I can. Just PM me if there's anything I can do.
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org