ridebmxbikes

boogie boards?

Hello! Someone recommended bringing a boogie board on a jump and it sounds like alot of fun. Anyone have any thoughts or tips on bringing toys such as this?

Clear it with the pilot _and the DZO/M or S&TA before trying to board with it.

Had a buddy try it once with a small board he picked up from wally-world and during opening shock, the board caught and pulled his reserve handle. Result was a two out into a down plane. Finally got the free bag back that fall after a local farmer found it with his combine.

Expensive jump in my book.:S

Don't Pull Low... Unless You ARE!!!
The pessimist says, "It can't get any worse than this." The optimist says, "Sure, it can."
Be fun, have safe.

Jumping with toys is fun but adds a whole lot off added dangers. I would not jump with anything without training from someone that has SEVERAL similar jumps.

I know you aren't going to be able to look at the USPA web site and find a boogie board rated instructor. But you should be able to find some Muff Brother or Hellfish who has been there and done that that can help you out.

Not trying to scare you out of it jumping with random shit can be a blast. But just know there are added risks and an experienced person can help make sure the jump is successful.
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Hello! Someone recommended bringing a boogie board on a jump and it sounds like alot of fun. Anyone have any thoughts or tips on bringing toys such as this?

With skydiving, as well as sex, once you master the basics, plus some, then you might consider introducing a toy. If you don't become proficient first, adding the toy could be uncomfortable, painful, embarrassing, or downright humiliating. Probably expensive, as well.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

With skydiving, as well as sex, once you master the basics, plus some, then you might consider introducing a toy. If you don't become proficient first, adding the toy could be uncomfortable, painful, embarrassing, or downright humiliating. Probably expensive, as well.

Wow. I mean really, wow. :o

I never would have thought of it that way.

But you are absolutely correct. ;)

I'd really hate to have to explain to the ER doc how a boogie board ended up there :D:D:D
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

A mr. Bill would be fun but i could how a rodeo could get old fast. As for me on a 135, as big as you are you probably only know them as bats out of hell. Only bigger people have thought of them being a problem for me. As for me being a sub 100 jump wonder i call bullshit. In no way do i consider myself one nor am i an extremist that tells someone they should buy a velo when asking about bring a styrofoam board along.:P