OneJumpWally

Hop and pops annoying?

Are the veteran jumpers on the load annoyed with constant hop and pops because of the extra time it takes or is it generally liked because of the extra space? I just get the feeling that if I buy a hop and pop block and do one on every jump people will start to get annoyed with me... or am I just tripping?

Are the veteran jumpers on the load annoyed with constant hop and pops because of the extra time it takes or is it generally liked because of the extra space? I just get the feeling that if I buy a hop and pop block and do one on every jump people will start to get annoyed with me... or am I just tripping?

You are paying to jump just like everyone else. So why would anyone care. I actually enjoy the HnPs going out if I am near the door. On the jump run where I exit, I have my mind on my jump. When someone else is exiting on a HnP, I get to sit back and enjoy watching them exit and have fun. But, that's just me.
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

you be tripping :P

If the DZ and pilot knows what they're doing and provided the DZ isn't turning aircraft so quickly it can't fit them in, a HnP should be no inconvenience or take up anyone's time.

The DZ would have to be absolutely slammed turning multiple aircraft and dropping loads almost constantly for this not to work.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Exactly. Quit thinking and better yourself. If there is 11 skydivers and you're the 12th then who cares you made the plane go up. The way I see it is everyone has a different opinion. No matter what ppl are going to judge you, as long as you're happy and getting your belly in the wind then who cares.

Hell no... I swoop my canopy usually 10-20 times a weekend. Those are all h&p s..
Plus its your $$$

I never mind the extra time (if any) associated with people doing hop & pops. If I complain at all then it's because it's a cold day and I don't want the door to be opened on the way to altitude - but I'd be joking in any case.

It's fun to watch people exit, especially if you have a seat by the door. And the extra space when they're gone is always welcome.

So enjoy yourself and don't ever feel guilty. :)

We did a full load with no hop and pops last Sunday. That was actually more annoying. Any time you save crossing the jump run again is probably lost in the extra work it takes to get the extra weight to full altitude. Plus you have to fold some passengers to get everyone aboard, and you have to remain folded all the way up. I had to perform some yoga to allow the tandem instructors room to get their students hooked up.

Annoyance is kind of a relative term though. I'm about to jump out of a plane. It's pretty hard to harsh my mellow.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

I just get the feeling that if I buy a hop and pop block and do one on every jump people will start to get annoyed with me... or am I just tripping?

Do you have the habit of gassing the plane? If so, people might be happy to see you leave at 3k so the cabin can air out B|

Most people are happy for the extra room once I leave

No. They are simply happy to not be near you.:|

It's the Ronald McDonald shoes he wears....they really don't do anything for him except make people want to biggie size fries......
Performance Designs Factory Team