OneJumpWally

Hop and pops annoying?

Twardo, that pic, says it ALL.
LOVE it. I think moments like that, are the only moments, when we're in the REAL reality. Unlimited excitement, shared with people you care about more than anything, smiles to light a city.
GOD, I love this job!
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

I especially love the reactions from any Tandems aboard... only when they see people "fall out" do they really internalize the fact that, yes, this is happening...and you're next! The energy is awesome.

Took my son up on a tandem a few weeks back..door opens & guy leaves for a H&P ~ I looked at the wide eyes on my kid as the normally reserved control freak yells~

"...IT JUST GOT FUCKIN' REAL"

:D:D:D

....and you grounded him for a week for swearing? B|

you beat me to my comment

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

what can be annoying while making a hop and pop is everyone in rental gear trying to slap five and fist bumps that are not leaving with ya.

see....I think they are just trying to slap you, Q. You just are really fast at blocking.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

The key to hop-n-pops at Elsinore is to know the magic moment during the climb up to call up to the front of the plane and remind Karl that you're doing a hop-n-pop.

Too soon and you're bothering him when he's trying to take off or he'll forget again anyway. Too late and you're miles away from the dropzone at 4000'.

The key to hop-n-pops at Elsinore is to know the magic moment during the climb up to call up to the front of the plane and remind Karl that you're doing a hop-n-pop.

Too soon and you're bothering him when he's trying to take off or he'll forget again anyway. Too late and you're miles away from the dropzone at 4000'.

Not just at Elsinore. That's an advanced skill that can be found in other experienced pilots!
:)

Can't the student STAY seated AND belted???.....while the TM moves to the door and then moves back ,,next to that student???

We have C208s, no benches or anything, just a floor to sit on. And with a nearly-full tandem load (6-7 tandems) and a few guys going low, there really isn't room to put your passenger safely away from the door. So the only way is to hook the passenger up, and then close the door. The TM's at my DZ don't really mind, they're just slightly annoyed when that happens. Lucky for them, it isn't often, since there's quite often a video with at least one of the tandems.