daleskydive

what do owners think of their JFX

I had a Xfire2 129 (loaded it 1.7-1.8) and switched to JFX 104, and I load it 2.0-2.2 depending on gear that I jump (weights...).

I made about 300 jumps on Xfire and 100+ on JFX since I got it. Between those two I did dozen or so jumps on Neos 104 as I wanted to have at least some crossover period.
I did not jump any other (fully) xbraced canopy.

As for the impressions... Well, for me, it was a considerable step up. JFX is not "tame" by any means. It opens nice, but not nice as Xfire. It dives as a concrete block, and it is very sensitive on body position/harness input. Comparing it to Xfire it has a lot more flare and I can make it go further on rears. It got me from every long spot so far, and I do lots of tandem videos so there were plenty of that. Of course you have to fly it with all inputs that you have. Most of the time I just fly it with harness.

From time to time when doing back to back loads, I jump Xfire. After JFX, Xfire feels really like no-hassle, "lands by itself" canopy. With JFX I`m on top of my game all the time, every time, until I land.

In the first couple dozen jumps with JFX I had one tight situation (as I was doing my setup another HP guy cut me of from behind. I had to abort the dive and land in tight spot doing carving flat turn straight to heavy flare around some aircraft. I managed to pull it off, no problem, but if I had less canopy time who knows. Panic toggle whip will drop you from the sky in no time.
So do what you want, as VB said, we don`t know you outside dz.com and we wont care (much). I guess you have your DZ buddies that have seen you fly and you can look advice from them.
JFX is not tame.
dudeist skydiver #42

I think I will be fine and if the DZSO or DZCI or the most talented guy at the DZ says IM over my head I'll go back

One thing I've learned in my not-many years in skydiving:

There is no idea so boneheaded you can't find at least one super-experienced DSZO/CCI/whatever who will tell you you'll be fine.

Hopefully they're right and all the (many, many) other super-experienced people are wrong, and you will be fine.

Hearing what happened to Sangi this week made me sick... I never met him but I remember him from his early days on UKS, and nobody deserves that.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

Hearing what happened to Sangi this week made me sick... I never met him but I remember him from his early days on UKS, and nobody deserves that.

and how have we been preaching to him over the years.. :S
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Sorry I didnt mean to say that the JFX was tame what I meant was that daedalus had tamed it down from the VX and JVX. I know its not a tame canopy I just meant that it is not as much of a handfull as a vx,JVX or VELO. I know its another level up from a Katana and Xfire and requires 1005 ATTENTION 100% OF THE TIME. cHEERS

I have a friend, jumps at other DZ than mine. Young, very similar mindset to Sangi`s (at least dz.com Sangi).
200 jumps. He wants to buy my old Xfire 129 which he would be loading about 1.6... What can I say?

"no!"?

but that's up to you, this week and a couple previous ones were quite sickening, they've had a terrible outcome, and i cant be arsed no more wasting my time on crap like this.. it get's tiring AND old..
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

I have a friend, jumps at other DZ than mine. Young, very similar mindset to Sangi`s (at least dz.com Sangi).
200 jumps. He wants to buy my old Xfire 129 which he would be loading about 1.6... What can I say?

"no!"?

Yup, that`s what I said. But I sold my xfire to another friend and the young guy is asking him for it. I told him not to do it and why not to do it. You don`t want to have DG(IT) on your hands. [:/]
dudeist skydiver #42

"no!"?

but that's up to you, this week and a couple previous ones were quite sickening, they've had a terrible outcome, and i cant be arsed no more wasting my time on crap like this.. it get's tiring AND old..

hey, did sangi pound in ?

"no!"?

hey, did sangi pound in ?

yes

femur, punctured/collapsed lung, brain- and heart-concussion, possibly brain injuries; on the safire2, impacted only one meter or 3 feet by the tarmac..

edit: forgot to add the broken back, dont know if completely severed or "only" broken vertebrae..
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Another sanji? That was quick.

You have any videos to prove your skygodness?

Also keep posting, I got 3k miles to Cali still and need some reading material, although it does get old reading variations of the same crap over and over.

Good luck, hope you beat the odds.

>I am getting swoop coaching in Dec by matty Harris. I f my chief instructor
>didnt think tahat I would be capable he would just say NO.

I would suggest that a plan of "be as aggressive as I can be until someone stops me" is not the best plan for safe advancement in the sport.

>And Im sure that the most skilled jumper at my DZ would nort have
>offered me a jump on his velo 111 if he didnt think that I could jump it
>without causing danger to myself or others.

How do you know that? It's easy to talk your way into getting a demo/loaner from nearly anyone. That's more a tribute to the borrower's powers of persuasion than anything else.

I mean, if a first jump student went to an AFF instructor and said "dude, I have almost 100 jumps, I can just go with a rental rig" and he talked him into it, the AFF instructor would surely bear some of the blame. But the reason that mistake would happen is that the student was convincing enough to get away with it.

>I carve my front riser turns so if i SEE iM RUNNING OUT OF ALTITUDE
>i JUST LET GO OF THE RISER AND VEAR OFF IN ONE OF MY OUTS.

Yikes. To me that's like a first jump student saying "I'll be fine; all I have to do is pull my string and my chute will save me, what's the big deal?"

There is a LOT more to botched-swoop recovery than "letting go and veering."

>He wants to buy my old Xfire 129 which he would be loading about 1.6... What can I say?

"No."

I tried to sell a Crossfire 1 99 a while back. I got about a dozen offers. I asked them for references of people that I knew so I could ask them about it. Ironically the only one who replied was a guy in Moscow who knew a rigger friend of mine in Alaska, and it was to replace his old Crossfire 1 99 which blew up - so I sold it to him.

actually WL 1.78 on 119 someone said I neede a 104 I think

Need a 104 at closer to 2.0 versus (or over) a 119 at 1.78? ...For what, exactly? What is it, that you are (apparently) trying to accomplish, on/with your canopy progression/selection here, that you THINK you will - with a 104 loaded at 2.0; that supposedly you cannot already, with your (current?) canopy at 350+/- TOTAL jumps - the 119 at 1.78?
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

actually WL 1.78 on 119 someone said I neede a 104 I think

Need a 104 at closer to 2.0 versus (or over) a 119 at 1.78? ...For what, exactly? What is it, that you are (apparently) trying to accomplish, on/with your canopy progression/selection here, that you THINK you will - with a 104 loaded at 2.0; that supposedly you cannot already, with your (current?) canopy at 350+/- TOTAL jumps - the 119 at 1.78?

Trying to reach room tempature...

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

>He wants to buy my old Xfire 129 which he would be loading about 1.6... What can I say?

"No."

I tried to sell a Crossfire 1 99 a while back. I got about a dozen offers. I asked them for references of people that I knew so I could ask them about it. Ironically the only one who replied was a guy in Moscow who knew a rigger friend of mine in Alaska, and it was to replace his old Crossfire 1 99 which blew up - so I sold it to him.

I was ironic. :S
Of course I said NO. But I sold xfire to buddy of mine and he asked him to buy it off. I told my buddy not to sell and I hope he listens to me. Otherwise... [:/]
dudeist skydiver #42

Really? Are you kidding? 450 jumps over 5 years and you want a xbraced canopy? Dude, listen to the posters on this tread (VB, Scrum). Jump your XF2 for another 500+ jumps with coaching.

As Scrum asked, what are you trying or wanting to do on a JFX that you can't do on a XF2 right now?

I have a feeling we'll be seeing you in the incidents forum.
Don't be sexist… Broads hate that.

They are both same shit, get a JVX. In my opinion JVX has more rear power to save you from the corner.

and to all those who is saying he shouldn't fly this or that.
the guy is grown ass man, more people pound in swooping that makes swooping much cooler than what it is.

If no one died or got hurt swooping no one will think that it is cool thing to do.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

Ive done 200 in the last 18 months and have you read the writeup on the JFX? Yeah its a step up from a xfire but its not anywhere near a hand full like a velo .jvx or VX. Im choosing a JFX so I dont need to buy a new rig when I downsize cos JFX will fit straight into my rig. Yes Im getting more swoop coaching and wont be jumping it until about 480 to 500 jumps. Yes I know crossbraced are still hard core but Im going for the biggest they make at the lowest recomended wing loading. And if the CI, DZSO and the people whos opinion I value say dont jump it for a while longer when I finally get the thing I wont jump it till then. I jump every week but not 10 or 15 jumps only cos Im not working at the moment. Im pretty happy with my swooping at the moment but know theres plenty to learn and yes I will listen to the exp people around me. The riser preasure sucks on the 139, its too much to doubble offset front riser through my carve.

I jump every week but not 10 or 15 jumps only cos Im not working at the moment.

You don't have the money to jump as often as you'd like, but you have the money to buy an expensive, new canopy?

If the people around you suggest that you wait, perhaps the money you save could go towards more jumps on the xfire. There IS another size in the xfire line that you could jump also. What's the rush?

>Yes Im getting more swoop coaching and wont be jumping it until about 480 to 500 jumps.

Then buy it then, not now. Buying a canopy that you HAVE to use is a bad idea. Take the money and spend it on jumps, not on a canopy you will be too uncurrent to fly (because you spent all that money on it instead of jumping.)

>I jump every week but not 10 or 15 jumps only cos Im not working at the moment.

An even better reason to wait.

I will have about 450 jumps before I get the JFX119 and the JFX is NOTHING like a JVX,VX velo or XAOS . It is the tamest crossbrased canopy daealus could come up with used for wingsuit camera RW freefly and jumphog jumps so why do you say Im a DGIT

Really? Tell that to the dead AFF instructor with 1000's of jumps from our DZ who hooked one in to the pond (yes, the pond).

That canopy is entirely inappropriate for your jump numbers.

Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

How do you know if JFX isn't handfull like velo or jvx or vx or xaos?? If you haven't flown any one of them?

you sound like a tard, JFX's front riser pressure or any x-braced canopy's front pressure is way heavier than any crossfire or katana out there.

Get a JVX. they are same shit. I've flown both and more.
again JVX has more power on the rears to get you out of the corner.
and get two or three sizes smaller as well, they don't dive for shit, and I'm not kidding.
Only nice thing about JFX is its opening, and nothing more.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

with my swoop coaching from Matty Harris and the fact that if I do get in the corner it is very,very shallow in the corner and its very rare, as long as I take it easy I think I will be fine and if the DZSO or DZCI or the most talented guy at the DZ says IM over my head I'll go back to the Xfire139 until they are happy.

What makes you think your DZCI is qualified to make a judgement call on your potential canopy selection eg: my DZCI is a classic accuracy jumper.
Your earlier posts suggest you aren't capable of flying the XF to any level of proficiency( they are not the easiest canopy to swoop and require technique ).I've been jumping them for 9 years.
Do the canopy course hopefully it'll open your eyes to what is possible with practice and patience.
Please stick with the 139 it's @ a more than healthy WL and i can guarantee,it will pay off in the end.;)
.CHOP WOOD COLLECT WATER.