1 1
brenthutch

Democrats at War!

22 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

And how does this differ from the war among the Republicans? Trump needs some of them to win.

Wendy P.

The Republican infighting is between conservatives and the even more conservative. The schism in the Democrats is between supporters of Israel and supporters of the Palestinians. Those two factions are diametrically opposed.

45 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

The Republican infighting is between conservatives and the even more conservative. The schism in the Democrats is between supporters of Israel and supporters of the Palestinians. Those two factions are diametrically opposed.

Two factions diametrically opposed on a singe foreign policy issue* that will (domestically speaking) blow over as soon as the fighting stops. Republican in fighting is over the fundamental drection of the country.

*Which is also something the Republicans have - two factions diametrically opposed over whether to support Ukraine or enable Russia.

Edited by jakee

45 minutes ago, jakee said:

Republican in fighting is over the fundamental drection of the country.

And pretty much everything else.  Last week alone we saw:

Freedom Caucus leader Scott Perry say this about the new speaker:  "We’ve had enough, we’re sending a shot across the bow . . .  we’re not going to be part of the failure theater anymore.”

Chip Roy explains how miserably republicans have failed: "One thing. I want my Republican colleagues to give me one thing. One. That I can go campaign on and say we did. One. Anybody sitting in the complex, if you want to come down to the floor and come explain to me, one meaningful, significant thing the Republican majority has done."

George Santos has been investigated, and rather than clearing him as he claimed it would, it has revealed that he spent campaign money on OnlyFans, a sex worker website.  Republican Michael Guest led the investigation, and concluded that Santos “sought to fraudulently exploit every aspect of his House candidacy for his own personal financial profit.”  Santos called it a "biased report" so . . . now republicans are biased against him?

Republican Tim Burchett was talking to a reporter when embittered republican Kevin McCarthy came up behind him and punched him in the kidney.  A chase ensued, with McCarthy denying it happened - even though it happened right in front of a reporter.

Republican Markwayne Mullin was on a committee and listening to the testimony of labor leader Sean O'Brien.  Mullin took offense at something O'Brien said, and so - as any reasonable US senator does - challenged him to step outside for a fight.  Bernie Sanders of all people had to remind him that he was a United State congressman and perhaps he shouldn't be threatening to beat people up.  Mullin, of course, had recently tweeted this about Maxine Waters - "This is not the first time that @RepMaxineWaters has encouraged violence. Her comments were inflammatory and beneath the dignity of the House of Representatives. We must hold her accountable. "

Afterwards O'Brien said he wasn't sure whether Mullin wanted to "date me, fight me, bite me, or shoot me."

Republican Clay Higgins has a whole new conspiracy theory that the FBI sent secret "ghost buses" full of operatives to Jan 6th.  Higgins to the FBI director Chris Wray: "These two buses in the middle here, they were the first to arrive in Union Station on Jan. 6th, 0-500, I have all this evidence, I’m showing you the tip of this iceberg.  These buses are nefarious in nature and were filled with FBI informants dressed as Trump supporters deployed unto our Capitol on Jan. 6. Your day is coming, Mr. Wray.”

Marjorie Taylor Greene apparently forgot how the US legislature works.

MTG: My colleague who is 80 years old just said we’re on the verge of a shutdown. She probably just forgot she voted for the CR, we are not on the verge of a shutdown.

DeLauro: What the gentlelady doesn’t know is there is another body attached to the Congress called the Senate.

She also said this talking to Chris Wray:

Greene: Well, you know, you, oh, I'm sure you do. Because the Department of Homeland Security, organized with other offices, has censored many Americans, including myself.

Wray: I'm not part of the Department of Homeland Security.

Greene:: All right, Mr. Wray . . . .you should . . . .  you should be.

Tommy Tuberville isn't sure about how abortion works.  "“You know, it’s been rape, incest, or health of the mom, but we asked in one of our hearings, you know, what month are you going to go by for the abortion? They couldn’t tell us whether it was abortion after birth.”

Republican Dan Sullivan told Tuberville that he's not putting up with his anti-military crusade any more.  "I made a commitment to the men and women in uniform that I would continue to try to move them. I keep my commitments,."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/poll-bidens-standing-hits-new-lows-israel-hamas-war-rcna125251

“President Joe Biden’s approval rating has declined to the lowest level of his presidency — 40% — as strong majorities of all voters disapprove of his handling of foreign policy and the Israel-Hamas war, according to the latest national NBC News poll.

What’s more, the poll finds Biden behind former President Donald Trump for the first time in a hypothetical general-election matchup”

And the concern about his age will be highlighted as he turns 81 tomorrow.

Just now, brenthutch said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/poll-bidens-standing-hits-new-lows-israel-hamas-war-rcna125251

“President Joe Biden’s approval rating has declined to the lowest level of his presidency — 40% — as strong majorities of all voters disapprove of his handling of foreign policy and the Israel-Hamas war, according to the latest national NBC News poll.

What’s more, the poll finds Biden behind former President Donald Trump for the first time in a hypothetical general-election matchup”

And the concern about his age will be highlighted as he turns 81 tomorrow.

I'm no fan of his Israel-Hama policy but please tell me where the rest his foreign policy is bad.

1 minute ago, JoeWeber said:

I'm no fan of his Israel-Hama policy but please tell me where the rest his foreign policy is bad.

He is mollycoddling Iran and his military support of Ukraine is a case of a dollar short and a day late.  He slow walked HIMARS, Abrams, ATCMS and F-16s.

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

He is mollycoddling Iran and his military support of Ukraine is a case of a dollar short and a day late.  He slow walked HIMARS, Abrams, ATCMS and F-16s.

Sure, but between Trump and Biden a vote to support Ukraine is a vote that goes to Biden.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jakee said:

Sure, but between Trump and Biden a vote to support Ukraine is a vote that goes to Biden.

In another great example of how fractured republicans are, half of them are attacking our funding of Ukraine as a "Biden money laundering scheme" and the other half are complaining that he's not doing enough - "a dollar short and a day late."

MTG:  The money goes to "their friends and families that operate these non­profits and NGOs, and it's basically like money laundering schemes."

Chris Christie: "I went to Ukraine because I wanted to see for myself what Vladimir Putin’s army was doing to the free Ukrainian people . . . If [the U.S. does not] stand up against [Russia’s] autocratic killing in the world, we will be next,."

And republicans claim that _Biden_ is confused.  Funny.

6 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Come on, man, he has coalesced a reformed NATO into making a well coordinated response. In my dark corner, I also think this or that should have been done faster but some things, like sending cluster munitions by the boat load against much opposition,  are getting done. We are fighting a proxy war and are, for the most part, doing it by giving away armor we surplussed long ago. Russia's war machine is being severely attritted greatly reducing the chance they will attempt militarily to perfect other irredentist claims any time soon, they are consuming huge tranches of their ethnic populations in the war which may cause social unrest, and the world is getting a ring side seat at viewing what crap equipment they produce. I wish Biden was a great orator, was 15 years younger, was a nifty dresser and a fancy dancer, and didn't have a facial expression that made him look like he was struggling to pinch one off. But by any metric he's a better choice than Trump and I'll be thankful if you'd quit pretending that picking away at him wasn't hurting his chances in 2024.

Edited by JoeWeber
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

Yea, except for the ones who just stay home.

I think that number will be pretty low. 

After 4 years of the Trump disaster, after seeing what the Rs are wanting to do (and are doing), I'd vote for Howdy Doody for Pres, with Clarabelle the Clown as his running mate if it meant keeping Trump out.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, brenthutch said:

trump called Putin ‘genius’ and ‘savvy’ when Russia invaded Ukraine. If he had been re-elected Putin would own Ukraine. Republicans would be falling all over themselves to say Ukraine is not a part of NATO. Since the US is no longer a part of NATO the EU should just accept it and move on.

"Trump said. “I knew Putin very well. I got along with him great. He liked me. I liked him. I mean, you know, he’s a tough cookie, got a lot of the great charm and a lot of pride. But the way he — and he loves his country, you know? He loves his country. He’s acting a little differently, I think now.”

1 minute ago, Slim King said:

Trump is so weak you are still afraid of him !!!!!!!!!!!! ROTFLMAO..Trump tells the truth while others deal in lies.

You seem to have a complete misunderstanding of what that word actually means.

More so given it seems to be the major content in your postings., though entirely unbeknownst to you in the correct form.

33 minutes ago, Slim King said:

Trump tells the truth while others deal in lies.

Trump lied 30,573 times while in office - that's 21 times a day.

Of course, some people swallow right wing lies without ever even thinking twice.  Or even thinking once.

3 hours ago, Slim King said:

Of course he did.....Do you realize how silly that sounds?

I know!  Can you believe that some people still think he tells the truth?   He's admitted to lying several times, but you still blindly believe him.

When he said he had specific documents: "I would say it was bravado. If you want to know the truth, it was bravado.  I was talking and just holding up papers and talking about, but I have no documents. I didn't have any documents.”

After he said he knew COVID-19 was "deadly stuff" he said that "I wanted to always play it down.  I still like playing it down."

After Trump said the republican primary was rigged: "You’ve been hearing me say it’s a rigged system. But now I don’t say it anymore because I won. Okay? It’s true. You know, now I don’t care!"

After Trump promised he'd lock up Hillary Clinton: "Forget it. That plays great before the election. Now we don’t care, right?"

And what's funny about Trump supporters is they still believe him when he says such things.  They just swallow it without question or thought.

25 minutes ago, billvon said:

I know!  Can you believe that some people still think he tells the truth?   He's admitted to lying several times, but you still blindly believe him.

When he said he had specific documents: "I would say it was bravado. If you want to know the truth, it was bravado.  I was talking and just holding up papers and talking about, but I have no documents. I didn't have any documents.”

After he said he knew COVID-19 was "deadly stuff" he said that "I wanted to always play it down.  I still like playing it down."

After Trump said the republican primary was rigged: "You’ve been hearing me say it’s a rigged system. But now I don’t say it anymore because I won. Okay? It’s true. You know, now I don’t care!"

After Trump promised he'd lock up Hillary Clinton: "Forget it. That plays great before the election. Now we don’t care, right?"

And what's funny about Trump supporters is they still believe him when he says such things.  They just swallow it without question or thought.

Seriously, someone needs to take my crayons away. Did you know that an anagram of Slim King is Gil Minsk? (also Ming Silk, but whose noticing?)

7 minutes ago, Slim King said:

Well the rabble must be the majority as Biden is BOOed at every big event.... You can't deny the popularity of Trump.

Little known fact, half of the population has a below average IQ. I say a pox on both their houses. This election is like being a passenger on the Titanic, heading for disaster and realizing it yet unable to do anything about it 

BTW he was so popular he lost the House of Representatives with a booming economy, lost the general election and than pissed away the Senate by way of a temper tantrum.

Edited by brenthutch

On 11/21/2023 at 6:23 PM, brenthutch said:

Little known fact, half of the population has a below average IQ. I say a pox on both their houses. This election is like being a passenger on the Titanic, heading for disaster and realizing it yet unable to do anything about it 

BTW he was so popular he lost the House of Representatives with a booming economy, lost the general election and than pissed away the Senate by way of a temper tantrum.

Gas prices are lowest since the pandemic. You were constantly blaming Biden for the high gas prices, yet somehow I haven't seen your post thanking him for bringing them back down....weird.