1 1
brenthutch

Hunter Biden investigation expands

8 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I’m not on the Grand Jury nor am I the Special Prosecutor. We will just have to see how this plays out.  

But we both agree that right now, as far as Joe Biden is concerned, it's still a giant nothingburger. That is surprisingly independent minded of you. Kudos.

4 minutes ago, billvon said:

How will he own the libs if he's not posting on the Internet all the time?  Think, Joe, think!

Although I don’t own the Libs on Speakers Corner, I do feel a special responsibility to try to keep them moored to reality as best I can. I call it Right Man’s Burden 

2 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Although I don’t own the Libs on Speakers Corner, I do feel a special responsibility to try to keep them moored to reality as best I can. I call it Right Man’s Burden 

You have done a very special job of demonstrating beyond doubt that there is currently no evidence that Joe Biden has done anything wrong. Thank goodness you're here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jakee said:

You have done a very special job of demonstrating beyond doubt that there is currently no evidence that Joe Biden has done anything wrong. Thank goodness you're here.

What part of “both Grand Juries are still impaneled and have yet to make a recommendation as the investigation continues” do you not understand?

1 minute ago, brenthutch said:

What part of “both Grand Juries are still impaneled and have yet to make a recommendation as the investigation continues” do you not understand?

I understand that means there is currently no evidence available that Biden has done anything wrong. What is it you don't understand about that? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jakee said:

I understand that means there is currently no evidence available that Biden has done anything wrong. What is it you don't understand about that? 

So on the one hand we have a twice-impeached former president who has had a dozen of his closest advisors, cabinet members, lawyers and operatives convicted of felonies, and is now facing 91 felony charges himself.

On the other hand we have a sitting president; republicans can find nothing to impeach him for.  And the best they can do is to go after his son.  And there MIGHT be charges for his son.  Maybe.  Real Soon Now.

And BH thinks that that means that Biden is the one who should worry.

Funny.

1 hour ago, billvon said:

So on the one hand we have a twice-impeached former president who has had a dozen of his closest advisors, cabinet members, lawyers and operatives convicted of felonies, and is now facing 91 felony charges himself.

On the other hand we have a sitting president; republicans can find nothing to impeach him for.  And the best they can do is to go after his son.  And there MIGHT be charges for his son.  Maybe.  Real Soon Now.

Funny.

Hi Bill,

Right on par with all the time & money wasted trying to find something on Hillary Clinton.

What was Einstein's definition of insanity?

Jerry Baumchen

59 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Right on par with all the time & money wasted trying to find something on Hillary Clinton.

Yep.  Millions spent on trying to find kompromat.  Thousands of hours of lawyer, aide and politician time.  Tens of thousands of hours of conspiracy with the media to spread misinformation.  And the best they could do was to find . . . a few emails that she sent via the wrong server.

Meanwhile, a single FBI raid discovers dozens of top secret/sensitive stolen files . . .. in Trump's bathtub.

4 hours ago, brenthutch said:

No it’s because he used it as a tool to get people to feel sorry for him (mission accomplished) There was no need to be sworn in next to his child, it was bald faced political theater.

Actually, maybe his son was interested in watching him be sworn in. Parents like to have their children along for that. Why some people even get married in hospitals.

Wendy P.

3 hours ago, billvon said:

Funny.

Though he is a giggle and agog over the Republicans quixotic quest to find some kind of something somewhere that can expose an unpicked scab on Biden's ass he claims he's no supporter of Trump who is the beneficiary of these ridiculous conspiracy theories. I guess that's what makes an American Patriot these days. 

22 minutes ago, normiss said:

BREAKING;

James Comer announces that they have found proof that Christmas presents Hunter Biden received in 1976 Were actually from Joe Biden And not in fact from Santa Claus

Several elves are expected to give depositions

Meanwhile on Xitter, Ron Filipkowski (of the MediasTouch group) has been referring to Comer Pyle.

26 minutes ago, normiss said:

James Comer announces that they have found proof that Christmas presents Hunter Biden received in 1976 Were actually from Joe Biden And not in fact from Santa Claus

Matt Gaetz announces he WILL NOT REST until all the elves are turned over, and the Santagate investigation can determine whether China provided the milk and cookies.

He has also called the FBI investigation into the disappearance of the younger of the female elves a "witch hunt" and hey look it's Hunter's laptop over there!

On 11/17/2023 at 9:51 AM, brenthutch said:

When the whole Hunter laptop thing started, we were told it was a Russian disinformation campaign, then it was “OK it’s his but there is no there, there.” Then it was “well it’s just a misunderstanding on a firearm purchase”. Now we have two Grand Jurys impaneled, Joe’s brother is involved and the case has expanded to include tax evasion and possible money laundering.  It is looking less and less like a nothing burger.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/special-counsel-la-based-grand-jury-probe-hunter/story?id=104959343

STILL WAITING.... for anything to happen.  Reminder that this has been going on for YEARS and YEARS and still no connection to Joe Biden.  Nothing, nada, zip, zero, zilch, fuck all.....

absolutely NOTHING worthy of a criminal referral nor an impeachment.  But everry time they open their mouths about it, the headline it 'investigation is advancing...', but if you read past the headlines, the details are a giant nothing.....

It only took the Justice Departments (federal and state), less than 2 years to come up with 91 felony indictments for ACTUAL crimes committed by the ACTUAL former president, NOT his family, or his brother, or his son, etc.

Either there is no evidence of any crime by Joe Biden, or the republicans are so fucking INCOMPETENT that they cannot find it.  

I will even let you choose which one.  Go ahead.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tkhayes said:

...Either there is no evidence of any crime by Joe Biden, or the republicans are so fucking INCOMPETENT that they cannot find it.  

I will even let you choose which one.  Go ahead.

And on the flip side of that, the 'evil liberals' have manufactured enough 'fake news' and 'lies' to convince MULTIPLE Grand Juries* to indict Trump and his minions.

Or they actually did it.

Again, take your pick.

* - to be fair, Andy908, the genuine attorney, who used to post quite a bit, said more than once that an enthusiastic prosecutor could get an indictment on a ham sandwich.
But the multiple plea deals tend to indicate that this is legit.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

And on the flip side of that, the 'evil liberals' have manufactured enough 'fake news' and 'lies' to convince MULTIPLE Grand Juries* to indict Trump and his minions.

Or they actually did it.

Again, take your pick.

* - to be fair, Andy908, the genuine attorney, who used to post quite a bit, said more than once that an enthusiastic prosecutor could get an indictment on a ham sandwich.
But the multiple plea deals tend to indicate that this is legit.

Comer on NBC interview today... stumbling and bumbling when asked for specifics..... Could not get past the 'allegations and bank accounts' narrative and show a specific piece of evidence that proved anything, basically told the host that the loan repayments were influence pedaling, "Well what else could it be?" and "We don't see any evidence of a check for a loan in the first place"

Perhaps is unfamiliar with how the thingy works.... it's not up to anyone to prove that he is innocent, if you are going to claim influence pedaling and fake loan payments, then go ahead and prove that.... a check from his brother marked loan repayment is nothing but a 'check from his brother marked loan repayment'.

So once again.... yawn.... still waiting for ANYTHING....  

so they decided to have a 'formal vote' on the impeachment inquiry', which gets the dumber MAGIdiot folks in society all frothing, when it is not actually an impeachment.

I don't remember seeing  it mentioned here (could easily be wrong on that), but Hunter Biden responded to the congressional subpoena.
He insisted on testifying in a PUBLIC hearing. 
Not behind 'closed doors'.

The Rs wanted testimony like Devon Archer's, where they could keep it secret, then go on all the Alt-Right news shows and claim it was 'damning'. Which it never was, as the transcripts showed, once the Ds got them released.

So, once it was clear Biden wouldn't let them play their stupid games, they ran like cockroaches when the lights come on.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4337806-gop-fights-hunter-biden-push-for-public-hearing/

5 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

I don't remember seeing  it mentioned here (could easily be wrong on that), but Hunter Biden responded to the congressional subpoena.
He insisted on testifying in a PUBLIC hearing. 
Not behind 'closed doors'.

The Rs wanted testimony like Devon Archer's, where they could keep it secret, then go on all the Alt-Right news shows and claim it was 'damning'. Which it never was, as the transcripts showed, once the Ds got them released.

So, once it was clear Biden wouldn't let them play their stupid games, they ran like cockroaches when the lights come on.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4337806-gop-fights-hunter-biden-push-for-public-hearing/

Yup, smart move from Hunter Biden and the GOP went running. They really do not want him to testify publicly.

26 minutes ago, kallend said:

So are Comer, Grassley and Jordan simply dupes of Russian intelligence, or part of the conspiracy?

Dupes. I doubt Comer and Jordan ever had a single original idea in their lives. Grassley is simply hobbled from being a tiny red state shill. The most surprising thing about it is that it's not surprising. I'll wager no Liberal here believed other than that Comer and Jordan were both stupid enough to be taken in by a foreign agent.

5 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

I'll wager no Liberal here believed other than that Comer and Jordan were both stupid enough to be taken in by a foreign agent.

Of course it’s not just stupidity. They both know that their entire line of attack on Biden is an exercise in political opportunism and revenge for the Trump impeachments. That’s why they’re doing what they’re doing, quality of evidence is irrelevant.

Now Comer might just be dumb enough to have convinced himself that he really is the second coming of Jimmy Stewart, but with Jordan it’s cynicism all the way. He can’t have been taken in by a foreign agent because he never would have given a single thought to whether the information is true. He doesn’t care if it’s true. Similarly he’s not part of the Russian conspiracy because he doesn’t care where the information came from, what their goals are or even if another country is trying to benefit from it at the expense of the US. 

The only thing he will have considered at any point in time is ‘can I use this to benefit me right now.’

• Like 3