1 1
billvon

Chaos in the GOP

18 minutes ago, kallend said:

SO Johnson gets the gavel.

Wants to criminalize abortion, against LBGQT rights, worked had to overturn Biden's election.

All around asshole. 

So they rallied around an inexperienced and to them less offensive placeholder instead of a leader. Let the games begin anew.

Johnson is a trump apostle. The GOP elected him because they couldn't turn the MAGA house base so they caved in order to appear united.

The first order is supposed to be Israel aid so Ukraine is to be sold out just as trump would want. President Biden wants Ukraine and Israel aid to pass together.

Hi folks,

Looks to me that the chaos is on-going:  One GOP member . . . called the meeting a “train wreck,” while Rep. Drew Ferguson (R-Ga.) described the path forward as “clear as mud.”

And, these are the people who are supposed to be leading us?

Confusion reigns as House GOP inches toward shutdown deadline - Live Updates - POLITICO

As per Betty Davis:  Fasten your seatbelts; we’re in for a bumpy night.

Jerry Baumchen

Hi folks,

And, once again the GOP is living in the Dark ages:  This Pennsylvania school board made news for banning books. Voters flipped it : NPR

And, with all of the abortion ballot losses, somebody in the GOP should face reality.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  Only one [ GOP ] candidate was willing to go on the record, Glenn Schloeffel. He said the results were disappointing.

Edited by JerryBaumchen

7 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

And, once again the GOP is living in the Dark ages:  This Pennsylvania school board made news for banning books. Voters flipped it : NPR

And, with all of the abortion ballot losses, somebody in the GOP should face reality.

Interesting that 80% of the Republican campaign funds came from one rich guy but Democrat fundraising came from a grassroots campaign of numerous small donors. Remind me again which party is controlled by the ‘Elites’?

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Not really.

They've gerrymandered the districts to the point that the chances of a 'non-Republican' being elected are slim to none.

There is an art to gerrymandering. It's easy to create one safe seat. But if you want to have the majority of seats you need to carefully divide just enough support among each of your members. It can come all crashing down on you if you piss off enough of those voters. 

So Trump has now switched to using Nazi rhetoric to energize his supporters.

Trump says immigrants are “poisoning the blood of the country.” In Mein Kampf, Hitler warned that contamination from other races was killing Germany through “blood poisoning.”

Trump: "We pledge to you that we will root out the communists, Marxists, fascists and the radical left thugs that live like vermin within the confines of our country."
Hitler on the Jews: “This vermin must be destroyed. The Jews are our sworn enemies."

Trump: US veterans have been "backstabbed and betrayed" by evil actors in the government.
von Hindenberg, Nazi leader: ‘The German army has been stabbed in the back' by the Jews.

Well, hey, it worked once.

After hearing these, historian Jon Meacham said that  "to call your opponent vermin, to dehumanize them, is to not only open the door, but to walk through the door toward the most ghastly kinds of crimes."

Trump campaign spokesman Steven Cheung inadvertendly agreed.  "Those who try to make that ridiculous assertion are clearly snowflakes grasping for anything because they are suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome and their entire existence will be crushed when President Trump returns to the White House."  Nothing like threatening to end someone's "entire existence" to prove that you do not support ghastly crimes.

29 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

But...
But...

Nazis are 'very fine people'.

Trump himself said so.

It's not funny anymore, Joe, even here. The only responsible reaction is to be completely appalled and recommitted to pushing back strongly against Trumps absurd nonsense and against any of your "conservative friends" who think what Trump spouts is anything but anti-democracy, autocratic, racist, misogynistic, and directed propaganda. To do anything otherwise is to contribute to the normalization of Trump.

10 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

It's not funny anymore, Joe, even here. The only responsible reaction is to be completely appalled and recommitted to pushing back strongly against Trumps absurd nonsense and against any of your "conservative friends" who think what Trump spouts is anything but anti-democracy, autocratic, racist, misogynistic, and directed propaganda. To do anything otherwise is to contribute to the normalization of Trump.

Sad that so many Americans want to hear this stuff and lap it up.

"Trouble at t' mill".  Or in this case, in the House:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/gop-lawmaker-claims-kevin-mccarthy-elbowed-after-meeting/story?id=104879724

Tennessee Rep. Tim Burchett, one of the eight Republicans who voted to oust Kevin McCarthy from the speakership last month, claimed to ABC News that McCarthy elbowed him in the back after a House GOP meeting on Tuesday morning.

McCarthy denied this, according to an NPR reporter who said she witnessed part of the altercation.

But Burchett said he was speaking to the NPR reporter when McCarthy walked behind him and allegedly put his elbow intentionally into Burchett's back. Burchett said he was pushed forward and then followed McCarthy down the hallway to confront him.

According to the reporter, Burchett asked McCarthy: "Why'd you walk behind me and elbow me in the back?"

The former speaker responded: "I didn't elbow you in the back."

And Burchett replied: "You got no guts, you did so."

The entire argument per the NPR reporter:  (I had to look this up, this is comedy gold)

McCarthy elbows Burchett in the back while Burchett is talking to an NPR reporter.  The reporter saw Burchett lurch towards her.

Burchett (joking): "Sorry Kevin didn't mean to elbow --" 
Burchett: "Why'd you elbow me in the back Kevin?! Hey Kevin, you got any guts!?"
Burchett (to reporter):"jerk"

Burchett began to chase McCarthy.  Reporter pursued.

Burchett: "Hey Kevin, why'd you walk behind me and elbow me in the back?" 
McCarthy: "I didn't elbow you in the back."
Burchett: "You got no guts, you did so...the reporter said it right there, what kind of chicken move is that?  You're pathetic man, you are so pathetic." 
Burchett (turning away): "What a jerk.  YOU NEED SECURITY KEVIN!"

Burchett (talking to reporter): "That's just it.  He's just a jerk.  He's just a childish little . . . Did you just see that?  He's on a downhill spiral.  He just - that was pretty gutless of him."

The GOP seems hell bent on destroying itself.  It's the best gift they could give to democrats.  Hard proof that democrats are willing to be bipartisan and work with republicans, and hard proof that MAGA republicans are just as determined to not work with anyone outside their own internal extremists.

1 minute ago, billvon said:

The GOP seems hell bent on destroying itself.  It's the best gift they could give to democrats.  Hard proof that democrats are willing to be bipartisan and work with republicans, and hard proof that MAGA republicans are just as determined to not work with anyone outside their own internal extremists.

Seems obvious to me that the MAGA crew wants to destroy the economy just so the Orange Fool can declare:

"I'm the only one who can fix it, so you need to vote for me!"

The hell with the country; Fealty to Dear Leader is all that matters.

• Like 1