1 1
lippy

8 Weird People Who Talk Too Much

7 minutes ago, lippy said:

Anybody else watching the GOP debate?  It's entertaining/sad/confusing/chaotic.  Debate prep has come a long way I guess, which makes for 8 people just looking for an opportunity to chime in with their pre-prepared remarks.

Nope. I'd rather be locked in a room with 8 yappy dogs.

Pretty much every encounter is just an opportunity to talk past each other, raising one’s points. Interviews, news conferences, town halls. Everyone reacting to the questions they wish had been asked, or the situation they’ve prepared for, instead of what’s actually happening in the world.

Its much better theater, and gets more views  

Wendy P. 

17 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Any action by Fox that has Don Jr and MTG ranting, can't be all bad. ;-)

Daily Beast: Don Jr. and MTG Rage After Fox Boxes Them Out From Post-Debate Spin Room

You have to question the way he repeatedly mentions multiple indictments and court proceedings as if they mean nothing, like they're normal everyday events that come up in regular discussions.

Bizzaro world.

3 minutes ago, ryoder said:

So it looks like Asa Hutchinson is the only one with a shred of a spine remaining:

In an interview I heard him refer to Asa as ADA Hutchinson and he thought it was funny like when he mocked the disabled reporter. Unbelievable that he was once our President and half of America wants him again. You really must wonder if this level of moral decay is reversible.

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

So it looks like Asa Hutchinson is the only one with a shred of a spine remaining:

Didn't he affirm that he would support the trump nomination if trumps the nominee?

Mods we need MRI to check. I'll concede a spine even if spinal fluid is detected.

I just can't understand how anyone supports him.

He's so openly, viciously, corrupt and dishonest, and at the same time incompetent. He regularly contradicts himself, even in the same sentence.

Whats even more worrying is that a lot of world leaders on the right are now seeing this as a template to emulate.

I just don't get it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

He's so openly, viciously, corrupt and dishonest, and at the same time incompetent. He regularly contradicts himself, even in the same sentence.

Whats even more worrying is that a lot of world leaders on the right are now seeing this as a template to emulate.

I just don't get it.

Negative. Trump is emulating a template already set.

(edited)
38 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

I just don't get it.

You answered your own questions twice. "He regularly contradicts himself, even in the same sentence." So his base can see whatever they want. "He's so openly, viciously, corrupt and dishonest," And he's the man his base wants as an attack dog against everyone else. F*&k everyone including Washington our dog will out dog your dog.

"Whats even more worrying is that a lot of world leaders on the right are now seeing this as a template to emulate." See "success deserves emulation".  Just get a lying, corrupt fascist as your dog in the ring because democracy and compromise is for weaklings and libs.

This may help, its from nine days ago: "Only through force": Rep. Matt Gaetz goes full insurrectionist at Iowa State Fair Trump rally"

So to avoid the wrath of the courts just get a surrogate to prime the base for violence. Stand to the side and nod in agreement.

Edited by Phil1111

4 hours ago, Erroll said:

Christie raised his hand merely to indicate to the moderators that he wanted to speak.

Watching it again, it does look like he is pointing with his index finger, and he is shaking his head as if to indicate no.

I didn't watch. It would just piss me off.

One reason for that is all the lies.

From a friend's FB Page:

a claim about the state of the economy in early 2021 from South Carolina Senator Tim Scott. Scott, as do most Republicans, likes to pretend that President Joe Biden, a Democrat, inherited a “booming” economy thanks to himself, the GOP Senate majority and the Trump administration.

“Here’s what happened at the end of our time in the majority,” Scott said. “We had low unemployment, record low unemployment, 3.5% for the majority of the population, and a 70-year low for women. African Americans, Hispanics, and Asians had an all-time low.”
That, friends, is what is known as a blatant, bald-faced and remarkably easy to disprove lie.
At the time Biden took office and the Republican majority in the Senate had just flipped to Democrats, unemployment was at 6.7 percent, not 3.5 percent. It was nowhere near a record low for women. It was also 6.7 percent. Nor was it even close to a record low for African Americans, Hispanics, and Asians. In fact, those rates were at recent historical highs as the Republican majority and Trump’s disastrous single term ended.
Scott also seems to have conveniently forgotten that the nation had 2.9 million FEWER jobs at that point than it had four years earlier when Trump took office amid a steadily growing economy which we had under President Obama.
Since Biden was sworn in, however, the nation has created 13 million new jobs and has exceeded pre-pandemic employment levels. The unemployment rate has dropped by nearly half and we actually do have record or near record low unemployment for women, African Americans, Hispanics and Asians.

Of course, the idiots fall for this shit. Hook, line & sinker.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

I didn't watch. It would just piss me off.

One reason for that is all the lies.

From a friend's FB Page:

Of course, the idiots fall for this shit. Hook, line & sinker.

Why else do you think they "love the poorly educated"?

Hi folks,

Looks like some of the GOP have other thoughts:   "within the grassroots I would say people are really looking at other candidates".

Georgia Republicans begin to look beyond Donald Trump - BBC News

As I say, it is going to be interesting; especially if the Anti-Trump folks go out in the open to oppose him.

Jerry Baumchen