3 3
JoeWeber

Indicted

31 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Are you asking how many days, or how many hours?

LOL, I was thinking that after I responded....like as soon as the plane lands at the next stop, like last time?

I think the strangest part of all of his crimes and charges are going to come to a head when it's time to met out a punishment. Will the courts actually be able to assign a proper sentence as any other person has faced?

Very odd time in history.

(edited)
On 6/19/2023 at 9:03 AM, SkyDekker said:
On 6/16/2023 at 8:54 PM, obelixtim said:

think the DOJ will move to recuse her before she gets any chance to influence matters.

Not a chance. She is already in a position to influence matters, first orders have already been issued by her.

Further to this point. AC has now set schedule and location. The schedule will never be met, but the location was one of the ways she could subtly influence things. The location has now been set for Ft. Pierce:

Circled is where the jury pool would now come from, as opposed to if it had been where he was arraigned (Miami) or West Palm Beach (division of origin).

Edited by SkyDekker

This was his defense for his retention of classified documents per his FOX interview:

"There was no document. That was a massive amount of papers and everything else, talking about Iran and other things. And it may have been held up or it may not, but that was not a document.  These boxes were interspersed with all sorts of things; golf shirts, pants, shoes, all sorts of things.”

So they were not documents; they were papers.  And they talked about Iran but also lots of other things so they weren't JUST classified papers.  And they were mixed in with a lot of pants so that kept them safe anyway.

35 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Further to this point. AC has now set schedule and location. The schedule will never be met, but the location was one of the ways she could subtly influence things. The location has now been set for Ft. Pierce:

Circled is where the jury pool would now come from, as opposed to if it had been where he was arraigned (Miami) or West Palm Beach (division of origin).

Alto Adams Courthouse in Fort Pierce, Florida is where Cannon normally hears her cases and also negates any arguments about her long drive. 

24 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Alto Adams Courthouse in Fort Pierce, Florida is where Cannon normally hears her cases and also negates any arguments about her long drive. 

Correct, but division of origin is most commonly the guiding factor.

In this case it may still change for security concerns.

15 hours ago, billvon said:

This was his defense for his retention of classified documents per his FOX interview:

"There was no document. That was a massive amount of papers and everything else, talking about Iran and other things. And it may have been held up or it may not, but that was not a document.  These boxes were interspersed with all sorts of things; golf shirts, pants, shoes, all sorts of things.”

So they were not documents; they were papers.  And they talked about Iran but also lots of other things so they weren't JUST classified papers.  And they were mixed in with a lot of pants so that kept them safe anyway.

Were the pants declassified?

20 hours ago, billvon said:

I have a feeling that the US justice system is going to fail to provide justice in this case. The fact that Trump is discussing it all in the media and people are analysing it and passing judgement could play out in his favour. How much is the jury going to be told is inadmissible or needs to be disregarded as it has been discussed in the media? It seems that most high profile or emotive crimes have gag orders in place to reduce that risk. 

21 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Correct, but division of origin is most commonly the guiding factor.

In this case it may still change for security concerns.

Sure, and there are 5 Court locations in the Southern District. It could be argued that the crimes happened closer to the West Palm Beach courthouse but the Division of Origin rule doesn't get that granular. If Cannon is actually being defensive it's a better argument that it's her normal venue and a shorter drive. 

15 hours ago, kallend said:

Oh you silly goose. There’s no need to spin anything when you can simply pretend to be living in an alternate reality. 

Trump campaign spokesman Steven Cheung said in statement that “the audio tape provides context proving, once again, that President Trump did nothing wrong at all.”

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jakee said:

Oh you silly goose. There’s no need to spin anything when you can simply pretend to be living in an alternate reality. 

Trump campaign spokesman Steven Cheung said in statement that “the audio tape provides context proving, once again, that President Trump did nothing wrong at all.”

Apparently Trump and the Trumpettes are too stupid to understand that:

1 - The military has contingency plans for EVERYTHING. Invasions and defense from invasions by everybody

2 - Those plans are classified because they reveal our own capabilities and our knowledge of the 'other guy's' capabilities. Telling everyone what you know about the other guy and his abilities is a bad idea. Telling them about your own abilities is worse.

• Like 1

So now we have the audio from Trump's meeting with two staffers, a writer and a publisher, none of whom possessed a security clearance, concerning the classified documents.  Keep in mind he has claimed that there were no documents; they were newspaper clippings, his own files and "shirts and pants."  In his own words - "There was no document.  I didn’t have a document per se. There was nothing to declassify. These were newspaper stories, magazine stories and articles.”

From the recording:

(noise of flipping papers)

Trump: “Well with [General Mark] Milley, let me see that. I’ll show you an example. He said that I want to attack Iran. Isn’t it amazing, I have a big pile of papers, this thing just came up. Look. This was him.”

(sound of stabbing a paper with a finger)

Trump: “This was him. He presented me this. This is off the record, but they presented me this. This was him. This was the Defense Department and him. We looked at some–this wasn’t done by me. This was him.”

(noise of flipping papers)

Trump: “Also it’s pages long. Look. Wait a minute, let’s see here. It’s it amazing? This totally wins my case, you know. Except it is like highly controversial, secret …”

(laughter)

Trump: “This is secret information. Look at this! The attack …”

Staffer: “Hillary would print that out all the time.”

Trump: “She would send it to Anthony Weiner.”

. . .

Trump: “This was done by the military and given to me. Uh, I think we can probably print?”

Staffer: “Well, we’ll have to see, yeah. We’ll have to try to–”

Trump: “Declassify it.”

Staffer: “Yeah.”

Trump: “See, as president I could have declassified it, now I can’t, you know, but this is classified.”

Staffer: “We have a problem.”

Trump: “Isn’t that interesting? It’s so cool. And look, we heard I have a–and you probably didn’t believe me, but now you believe me.”

==================================

So, on the tape he makes the case that:

1) He has a 'big pile' of 'secret information' that he is showing his own staffers i.e. people not cleared for it
2) He tells them to "look" three times - and points a section out to them
3) He knows he can't declassify it, despite his claims to the contrary
4) It concerns information on a potential attack involving Iran
5) He was told that having it, and not being able to declassify it, is a problem
6) And Trump's summary of his display of the secret information is that "it's so cool."

I am waiting for " . . . .but Hunter . . . ." from the Trumpies.

7 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Puzzling thing is the DOJ has had this audio for months -> but it didn't leak.

Trump's legal team gets the discovery material -> this gets leaked a couple days later.

WHY would they leak it???

Given the rate at which his lawyers quit, and the number of people Trump has thrown under the bus - doesn't surprise me one bit.