1 1
airdvr

What's your body count

How do you mean body count? Friends you’ve lost skydiving, fatalities you’ve witnessed? Or something else entirely? Mine is relatively low; good friends, less than 10, maybe less than 5 (but then I’m not one for lots of close friends). Including acquaintances it goes up, but not into the thirties

Wendy P. 

3 hours ago, wmw999 said:

How do you mean body count? Friends you’ve lost skydiving, fatalities you’ve witnessed? Or something else entirely? Mine is relatively low; good friends, less than 10, maybe less than 5 (but then I’m not one for lots of close friends). Including acquaintances it goes up, but not into the thirties

Wendy P. 

I think about them often.  Perhaps too often.  I try not to but sometimes it's impossible.

6 hours ago, airdvr said:

Sexual partners.  I'm a bit ashamed actually.

Once, several years ago, my wife asked me this question.  I instinctually, instantly deleted that section of my memory and I think that was the best decision for everybody involved.  

• Like 3

15 hours ago, airdvr said:

I'm a bit ashamed actually.

Curious why you come to this conclusion. Assuming that each of those represent either an at least somewhat intimate relationship, or a presumably fun, consensual encounter, are there any of them that you would take back, that you wish you hadn't done?

23 hours ago, airdvr said:

Sexual partners.  I'm a bit ashamed actually.

As a person with a particularly low 'body count' I find this type of thread a bit weird, to put it one way. To make a comparison, when I served I always found that the guys with the tallest tales and war stories in the pubs off base were the guys who exaggerated or simply had fertile imaginations and a need to be seen as heroes.  As the old saying goes, what happens on tour, should stay on tour. 

10 hours ago, dudeman17 said:

are there any of them that you would take back, that you wish you hadn't done?

I guess maybe this is the only place I would ever admit there were choices I made that were hurtful to others in the name of getting laid.  As I've gotten older I've begun to take stock of my life.  There are a couple in particular I wish I could take back.  It's not so much the casual encounters.

Maybe I should see a priest :)

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

I guess maybe this is the only place I would ever admit there were choices I made that were hurtful to others in the name of getting laid.  As I've gotten older I've begun to take stock of my life.  There are a couple in particular I wish I could take back.  It's not so much the casual encounters.

Maybe I should see a priest :)

Well, it's possible you owe some amends to the ones you regret. 

Not always possible, and sometimes the best amend you can make is to leave them alone to live their life without you in it.

You can also make the conscious decision to not behave like that in the future (although I have a feeling that you don't do that sort of thing anymore anyway).

It's a big number.. But I grew up in NYC in the 70's and 80's for my teens and 20's.. Never had a girlfriend longer than a week.. But had a girl almost every weekend.. Today, I've been married to the same girl for 40+ years.. 

On 4/29/2023 at 8:22 AM, wmw999 said:

Wendy P. 

This is an interesting thread,  because it points out how males and females are still viewed differently. 

• Like 2

not enough?

too many?

hard to say.

To those that listen to the SDR podcast, you may remember my voicemail to them in memory of Mark Vickers.

Circa 1982 we had a "competition" at the local DZ in Canton Ohio to see who would "sleep" with the most students during one summer season (Memorial Day - Labor Day).

Mark won.

Ps, we had two females also competing. I think they finished #2 and #?.

mark vickers canto air sports.PNG

Body Count?  :

Partners in my life: 6 total.    I had a Full relationship with each ( no casual )

( Then #6  = found my "Forever Home/anywhere" with my "1st True Love"...& *5 Airborne Children since. Empty nest is new and stronger bond / *Mike Mullins has a profound affect on me ) 

"Actual Body Count" I buried ( mostly cremated ) & sent to Valhalla: Friends / Family / Duty Partners= 9 / + Those I bonded with in Sarajevo, Bosnia=  40+ ( now revisited the rebuild & view "The Flowers of Sarajevo" they did, to never forget.)

thumbnail_image_6483441.jpg