1 1
Phil1111

Dominion Voting Systems v Fake Fox News Corp. aka Rupert Murdoch PAC

Ironic quote from evidence submitted in the trial, from a Tucker Carlson interview:

Mike Lindell: "Every outlet in the country, they go, ‘Mike Lindell, there’s no evidence, and he’s making fraudulent statements.’ No. I have the evidence. I dare people to put it on. I dare Dominion to sue me because then it will get out faster. So, this is – you know, they don’t – they don’t want to talk about it."

Tucker Carlson: “No, they don’t.” 

Looks like they're talking about it now, Tucker.

8 minutes ago, Slim King said:

I'm loving this!!!! FOX interviewed people and Dominion wants to hold FOX accountable for what the witnesses said?

Nope.  They want to hold FOX responsible for what FOX said.  The judge has already instructed the jury that FOX did in fact lie.  Now they are just working on damages.

11 hours ago, Slim King said:

Well, if they proved they lied make them pay up!!!!!........ I'd love to set a standard to stop those lying media hacks!!!!! BTW ... It's a mathematical impossibility that the election wasn't tampered with... L@@K!!! It's easy to see... When I started voting in 1972 100% of the Bellwether counties called the election correctly ... The next election was their worst and a low of 76%, then up to 82%, then 100% again, then 88%, that's the last time they were in the 88 Percentile...  then 100%, 100% again, 94%, then 94% and finally 100% and another 100% ... THEN BIDEN....Only 18% got it right ... A total impossibility without tampering....On the graph it's obvious the election was FLIPPED!!!!

Screen Shot 2022-11-20 at 4.20.46 PM.png

Out of curiosity, how many bellwether counties have to get it wrong for an election to be a "mathematical impossibility?"

Just now, headoverheels said:

You can only find "bellwether counties" by retroactively searching election databases to find some to apply.

Since 1980 there is 1 county that got it all right. Then there is a list of counties with 1 deviation and a significantly larger list with 2 deviations. 2020 Had 18 counties with 1 deviation since 1980 and Slim Shady is calling it a mathematical impossibility. Makes me wonder how many countries with 1 deviation have to get it wrong for it to be a mathematical impossibility? Is it 4, is it 8, is it 10?

The judge has installed a Special Master to investigate if FOX abided by the rules of discovery and whether it purposely held back materials. the Special Master can depose anybody he wants and all at FOX's dime.

This also likely will not end well for FOX.

• Like 1

(edited)

Fox settles with what works in business and life.

CASH. $787.5 million

Truth in the end, not disclosed.

The trial Judge stated that he was proud of the work of both teams of lawyers. That is somewhat obvious because the case was unwinnable for FOX. It was all just a matter of how much cash.

FOX goes ahead with lying and pandering to its base. All of which is its business model.

Now Dominion can move onto other meat lying on the table:

"Dominion Voting Systems has brought defamation lawsuits against several defendants for hundreds of millions of dollars. The company has achieved initial successful court decisions such that the parties can now proceed to discovery. Cases that have reached this stage of litigation include Dominion’s suits against Rudy Giuliani, Sidney Powell and Mike Lindell/My Pillow (news report; court’s denial of motion to dismiss); Patrick Byrne (news report; court’s denial of motion to dismiss); Newsmax (news report; court’s denial of motion to dismiss); and Fox Corporation (news report; text of court’s denial of motion to dismiss). " Possibly trump as well.

Edited by Phil1111

4 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

$787.5 million is a lot of cash.

"As Rupert Murdoch’s Fox Corporation battles to contain the Dominion lawsuit scandal that has engulfed its top executives and stars, another crisis is building in the wings that has the potential to cause further turbulence for the media empire.

Smartmatic’s lawsuit against Fox News has attracted only a fraction of the attention garnered by the legal action of Dominion Voting Systems. Yet both firms are suing Fox for defamation related to its coverage of Donald Trump’s stolen-election lie, and both pose a serious threat to Fox’s finances and reputation.

In fact, on paper Smartmatic’s suit appears to be the more dangerous. It’s demanding damages of $2.7bn, compared with Dominion’s $1.6bn."

Meanwhile for the FOX base. Its lead news coverage is not this settlement. Its:

Florida road rage incident leaves two girls shot after dads' stand-your-ground gunfight After all bills have got to be paid. No mention of the settlement whatsoever.

55 minutes ago, ryoder said:

If justice had been done, Fox "News" would now be a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dominion.

And the loss to Dominion would have to be the top story for a week, AND it would have to be covered (with a script -- can't trust them) for at least 5 minutes by Tucker et. al.

Wendy P.

I read/heard somewhere Smartmatic can't use the evidence Dominion dug up. Seeing the trial did not happen, I wonder if that still applies. Because if Dominion turns their stuff over to Smartmatic, then that case should be a fait accompli for Smartmatic. Hopefully the anchors can be sued as individuals now.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wmw999 said:

And the loss to Dominion would have to be the top story for a week, AND it would have to be covered (with a script -- can't trust them) for at least 5 minutes by Tucker et. al.

Wendy P.

Yes. Because lets face it FOX have a very lucrative business model. Its as if Joe became the only DZ in the US! For FOX viewers loyalty is number one and the cash for FOX pours in. They were sitting on $4.4 billion in cash and negotiable securities.Before writing the cheque to Dominion.

Look at it this way. Billions are spent each election cycle in the US buying elections. Excuse me, paying for advertising, lobbying etc. FOX tried to help steal an election and it didn't work. But what they got for the $800 million. Don't forget they probably had $20 million in legal fees on top of the settlement. What they got was MORE dedicated viewers. Those viewers don't get news from other sources. They don't want news. They want infotainment.

• Like 1

(edited)
7 minutes ago, normiss said:

Corporate employees of Dominion or hired for the lawsuit?

I think he means the lawyers for Dominion under a contingency agreement. Most of these actions have a combined contingency and hourly billing agreement. So the costs between the lawyers and the corporation are shared. Some corporations have legal liability insurance. Where legal costs are covered by an insurer.

As a aside: "Staple Street may be the biggest winner. The private equity firm, which currently manages some $900 million, bought a majority stake in the company for just $38.3 million in 2018." Staple street owns Dominion.

Edited by Phil1111
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

I think he means the lawyers for Dominion under a contingency agreement. Most of these actions have a combined contingency and hourly billing agreement. So the costs between the lawyers and the corporation are shared. Some corporations have legal liability insurance. Where legal costs are covered by an insurer.

As a aside: "Staple Street may be the biggest winner. The private equity firm, which currently manages some $900 million, bought a majority stake in the company for just $38.3 million in 2018." Staple street owns Dominion.

Ah, thanks for that. My experience with corporate attorneys was mostly with direct employees. Fat salaries but not getting any portion of awards in cases. Although NDA's, Patent ownerships, non competes, and other protective agreements don't seem to be as aggressive in corporate America (at least for me) as they were in the 80's-90's.