brenthutch

Taking stock

4 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Ok Mr. Pottymouth, why don’t you put up or shut up?

No can do until you link to each prediction you made a year ago. You claim to be right, but you can't seem to link to the original predictions. If you cannot understand the issue with that, we are back to the name thing.....

19 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Well Sports Fans, another year has come and gone so it is time to see how well my predictions fared.

CO2 levels and emissions will continue to rise

Check!

We will continue to use coal 

Check! (at a record level and increasing)

Renewables fail to replace fossil fuels 

Check! (They can’t even keep pace with the marginal increase in demand)

Hurricanes, floods, droughts and wildfires remain within historical ranges 

Check!

EVs continue to be a niche product largely for the upper middle class 

Check!

Global temperatures will fail to rise in response to record CO2

Check (didn’t even make the top five)

I could go on however it is time to go out for dinner, I’d say I had a pretty good year.

In 2021 how many people predicted that electric vehicles would take over… by now?

In 2021 how many people predicted that coal would be gone… by now?

In 2021 how many people predicted that we’d have checked CO2 emissions… by now?

Making those predictions is about as impressive as correctly putting on your pants in the morning. And a grown man bragging that he knows how to put on pants? Not the message you wanna send, good buddy.

55 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

No can do until you link to each prediction you made a year ago. You claim to be right, but you can't seem to link to the original predictions. If you cannot understand the issue with that, we are back to the name thing.....

Here are a few

Theories, projections and guesses are what the other side has, I deal in cold hard facts.  No one on this forum will live long enough to see wind and solar overtake fossil fuels in global energy production.  Every month that goes by without global temperatures shooting up that “hockey stick” is a month where I am proven correct. In three more years poor Olof’s predictions of EVs overtaking IC vehicles will be as insightful as his daily contribution to this forum.

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

Here are a few

In brent's numeracy a few = zero links. You must have skipped more than a few classes from kindergarten. :rofl:

His only other ally Slim King just found out that when ice in a glass of water melts, the level doesn't change. You can't make this up...

4 hours ago, olofscience said:

I think you're overwhelmed, these are not the links requested at all.

More for your viewing pleasure 

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/01/05/2022-global-wide-hurricane-season-ends-with-weakest-storm-levels-of-the-last-42-years/

“The Northern Hemisphere Oceans and North Atlantic Ocean year 2022 Colorado State University Real Time TC Statistics ACE profiles compared to the 1991 to 2020 climatology 30-year period are shown below that clearly display the significantly reduced year 2022 ACE levels despite flawed propaganda hype by climate alarmists and media to falsely fabricate claims of increasing storm strengths.”

On 1/3/2023 at 10:51 PM, brenthutch said:

Check (didn’t even make the top five)

So, despite Brent's strawman arguments (nobody was predicting 2022 would be the warmest) he STILL counted his chickens before they hatched.

2022 did indeed make it to the top five, despite the 'double-dip' La Nina that should have kept temperatures lower (as I mentioned a year ago in January).

It was Europe's hottest summer on record (and 2nd warmest year overall). It was the UK's warmest year ever.

Source: https://climate.copernicus.eu/2022-saw-record-temperatures-europe-and-across-world

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2023/climate/earth-hottest-years.html

The world remained firmly in warming’s grip last year, with extreme summer temperatures in Europe, China and elsewhere contributing to 2022 being the fifth-hottest year on record, European climate researchers said on Tuesday.

The eight warmest years on record have now occurred since 2014, the scientists, from the European Union’s Copernicus Climate Change Service, reported, and 2016 remains the hottest year ever.

Overall, the world is now 1.2 degrees Celsius (2.1 degrees Fahrenheit) hotter than it was in the second half of the 19th century, when emissions of planet-warming carbon dioxide from the burning of fossil fuels became widespread.

1 hour ago, kallend said:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2023/climate/earth-hottest-years.html

The world remained firmly in warming’s grip last year, with extreme summer temperatures in Europe, China and elsewhere contributing to 2022 being the fifth-hottest year on record, European climate researchers said on Tuesday.

Let’s wait and see what NOAA has to say before we make ourselves look foolish.  I’ll update next week.