2 2
JoeWeber

Christians don’t believe in Democracy

7 minutes ago, jaybird18c said:

You can believe whatever you want. I’m just saying you’ve got trouble coming.

Keep it to yourself unless someone asks you. It's none of your business. Do you believe in democracy or would you rather live in a "christian" theocratic state? Did you fight for freedom or for Christ?   

1 minute ago, gowlerk said:

Keep it to yourself unless someone asks you. It's none of your business. Do you believe in democracy or would you rather live in a "christian" theocratic state? Did you fight for freedom or for Christ?   

I thought this was Speaker’s Corner. Why should you or I have to keep our thoughts to ourselves? Free speech, right? I believe in our republic, not true democracy. True democracy is mob rule. 

1 minute ago, jaybird18c said:

You worried bro?

Here’s my $0.02, for what it’s worth….if your faith makes your life better and you wanna share that then fill your fucking boots, I’m happy for you. 

If you want to start telling me I’m going to burn for eternity because I don’t believe in your imaginary friend, I’m happy to write you off as a person worth giving another minute of my time. 

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, jaybird18c said:

I thought this was Speaker’s Corner. Why should you or I have to keep our thoughts to ourselves? Free speech, right? I believe in our republic, not true democracy. True democracy is mob rule. 

Would you rather live in a theocracy? Speaker's corner is mob rule within limits. 

3 hours ago, jaybird18c said:

Why would I be?

If there is a god who actually values morality and goodness, and you’ve spent your whole life loudly telling everyone he’s a narcissistic psychopath, he might not be too happy with you.

9 hours ago, jaybird18c said:

.... I believe in our republic, not true democracy. True democracy is mob rule. 

So your constitution is fatally flawed then. Because it lays out the construction of a democracy and has checks and balances to eliminate mob rule.To sanction mob rule.

Why does your god threaten people with hell who have led otherwise proper and perhaps pious lives without your god.?

6 hours ago, jakee said:

If there is a god who actually values morality and goodness, and you’ve spent your whole life loudly telling everyone he’s a narcissistic psychopath, he might not be too happy with you.

Did I say God was a narcissistic psychopath? Ensuring justice is done is a good thing. Don't blame God for your actions.

40 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

So your constitution is fatally flawed then. Because it lays out the construction of a democracy and has checks and balances to eliminate mob rule.To sanction mob rule.

Why does your god threaten people with hell who have led otherwise proper and perhaps pious lives without your god.?

The United States is a democratic form of government. However, it is not a democracy. It is a republic. There's a big difference.

Who has led a proper and pious life according to God's standard of righteousness, which is the one you will ultimately be judged by, one without even an once of selfishness, pride, covetousness, hatred, adultery, lies, etc.? I think you're confusing yourself with God.

8 minutes ago, jaybird18c said:

Did you get the impression that I was an unbeliever? Your statement doesn't make sense. I'm not at all worried. I have legal representation.

You may be a believer, but are you a true believer? There are many flavours of belief even within each of the major religions. God may not care but so many of Her children are willing to hate and even kill each other over theology. Religion can be quite a force for evil.

8 minutes ago, jaybird18c said:

I would not wish to live in a theocracy. I prefer the constitutional republic that we have.

However, that constitutional republic uses democratic elections to select most leaders. According to its constitution. If people who don’t share your religious and political values outvote your, is that valid? And what differentiates it from “mob rule?” Because sometimes they will  

Wendy P.

5 minutes ago, jaybird18c said:

Did I say God was a narcissistic psychopath? Ensuring justice is done is a good thing.

Yes. Hating people simply for not believing  he existed would be textbook narcissism. Punishing people for all eternity covers the second part.

7 minutes ago, jaybird18c said:

Don't blame God for your actions.

This is why you’ll never be able to persuade a non-believer of anything at all - you don’t even understand the terms of the conversation. Atheists don’t blame god for anything. If we did, we would be theists.

• Like 2