1 1
JoeWeber

Powerful speech by Biden on the assault on Democracy

22 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

One of the 'more fun' facts was that the 'Inflation Reduction Act' included things that would help control prescription drug prices.
Of course, EVERY SINGLE Republican voted against it.

In sales this is called reduction to the absurd.  I'm quite certain if the bill had only called for help controlling prescription drug prices it probably would have had approval.

Unfortunately every one of these bills is so laiden with quid pro quo bordering on downright corruption it's difficult to get anything passed.

13 minutes ago, airdvr said:

In sales this is called reduction to the absurd.  I'm quite certain if the bill had only called for help controlling prescription drug prices it probably would have had approval.

?????  Are you paying any real attention at all to politics in your nation? The drug lobby has been successful at buying the R party off and at turning away any attempts to pass any legislation that threatens their obscene profits. Where the hell have you been getting your news from?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I am neither ignorant nor programmed.  Nice to know you're all concerned though.

No, but in the last year you have gotten deeper and deeper. You can probably just see daylight above you. But you can likely see  Ron and Slim King below you.

33 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

?????  Are you paying any real attention at all to politics in your nation? The drug lobby has been successful at buying the R party off and at turning away any attempts to pass any legislation that threatens their obscene profits. Where the hell have you been getting your news from?

Trump says drug industry 'getting away with murder'  01/11/2017

After meeting with pharma lobbyists, Trump drops promise to negotiate drug prices  Jan 31, 2017

Pharma lobby poured millions into ‘dark money’ groups influencing 2020 election Dec. 8, 2020

Murder is ok as long as its accompanied by buckets of cash. As you probably know his wife is a nurse. So he should know.

Perhaps for the MAGA right like airdvr.  Old people that die because they can't afford prescriptions are a net savings for the economy. trump certainly believes it.

7 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Perhaps for the MAGA right like airdvr.  Old people that die because they can't afford prescriptions are a net savings for the economy. trump certainly believes it.

I wonder how much the Social Security system has benefited from covid and the associated lowering of life expectancy.

You missed the point.  If one wants to say that pharma is buying off the Rs the list shouldn't include Ds.

How about the Biden admin doing something really useful like taking on the lobbyists.  I doubt the DNC would take that one lying down.

10 minutes ago, airdvr said:

You missed the point.  If one wants to say that pharma is buying off the Rs the list shouldn't include Ds.

?? You have regularly criticized democrats for things that Trump has done.  Not sure why that works one way but not the other.

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

Well… that’s entirely unrealistic.

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

How about the Biden admin doing something really useful like taking on the lobbyists.  I doubt the DNC would take that one lying down.

You mean Trump didn’t already drain the swamp?

1 hour ago, billvon said:

?? You have regularly criticized democrats for things that Trump has done.  Not sure why that works one way but not the other.

Not sure that any dems have been found "guilty on all counts" of criminal tax fraud.

How does our Trumpist explain that away?

• Like 1

(edited)
6 hours ago, airdvr said:

I am neither ignorant nor programmed.  Nice to know you're all concerned though.

Absolutely I do not buy what you are selling. For sure, I am not alone here. But everyone deserves an opportunity to defend themselves. That process can be complex but we need to start somewhere. No bullshit, check your browsing history and recall what shows you watch on TV, post the results, and let us prepare our apologies.

Edited by JoeWeber

4 hours ago, airdvr said:

Why not? How does that preclude them from doing so?

13 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Absolutely I do not buy what you are selling. For sure, I am not alone here. But everyone deserves an opportunity to defend themselves. That process can be complex but we need to start somewhere. No bullshit, check your browsing history and recall what shows you watch on TV, post the results, and let us prepare our apologies.

I don't watch MSM.  Gave that up years ago.  I mostly get information from Google News and here.  My news feeds come from various sources.  These are my sources...

image.thumb.png.18c941a699e8b5c4b5ef23348864d779.png

I always find it funny that you guys think the media is only working an agenda on the right.

12 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I don't watch MSM.  Gave that up years ago.  I mostly get information from Google News and here.  My news feeds come from various sources.  These are my sources...

And yet you were repeating almost verbatim every disgusting right wing MSM talking point, including those from Trump himself, regarding the Pelosi home invasion. And that’s not an isolated incident, you can be relied upon quite well to regurgitate most right wing MSM campaigns. You’re getting that stuff from somewhere, so your list doesn’t really pass the smell test.

41 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I always find it funny that you guys think the media is only working an agenda on the right.

Apparently, when picking in the best vegetable garden it's still possible to make shitty soup.

52 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I think it's funny that you don't think those sources are mostly MSM.

19 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

I think it's funny that you don't think those sources are mostly MSM.

I feel the need to balance the extreme left viewpoint here. I was referring to sitting in front of the blue box gobbling up the latest spin from Fox or CNN.  

11 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I feel the need to balance the extreme left viewpoint here. I was referring to sitting in front of the blue box gobbling up the latest spin from Fox or CNN.  

Q.  What do the following have in common?

(a) Trump U.

(b) Trump Foundation

(c) The Trump Organization

A.  Apart from Trump, a court has found each of them engaged in fraud.

So how do you feel about that?  Fantasy of the extreme left?