1 1
JoeWeber

Powerful speech by Biden on the assault on Democracy

2 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

OK, Gowlerk & SkyDekker, where would you like us to drop him off:  Alleged Pelosi attacker was in US illegally: DHS | The Hill

David DePape . . . who is a Canadian national . . . is in the country illegally and could be deported

Jerry Baumchen

After he serves his time in one of your many  fine prisons just slide whatever is left of him over the border at the nearest crossing. He has family here that will try to de-program him if possible.

11 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

OK, Gowlerk & SkyDekker, where would you like us to drop him off:  Alleged Pelosi attacker was in US illegally: DHS | The Hill

David DePape . . . who is a Canadian national . . . is in the country illegally and could be deported

Jerry Baumchen

Build the wall! On the Northern border!

15 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

After he serves his time in one of your many  fine prisons just slide whatever is left of him over the border at the nearest crossing. He has family here that will try to de-program him if possible.

So you think that degree of trumpism, DeSantism, McConnellism can be deprogrammed? After he does his time why not ship him to Florida. Where that degree of political radicalism is celebrated. Hell 20 years from now he will probably have been pardoned by trump. Made a national hero by DeSantis. Be parade master in the US south.

Speaking of McConnell and trump: "During a radio interview on the conservative John Fredericks Show, the former president lambasted the GOP leader, later calling for McConnell's impeachment and accusing him of working with Democrats to blow up the debt ceiling because "they have something on him." (Trump did not specify what he meant by this.)

"It's crazy, what's happening with this debt ceiling. Mitch McConnell keeps allowing this to happen. They ought to impeach Mitch McConnell, if he allows that. ... They have something on him, how he approves this thing is incredible."

— Former President Donald Trump

Anyone think it's odd that we haven't seen video of the break-in?  The conspiracy theorist in me can't help but consider the possibility.  Maybe we'll see it in the future but I'm wondering how we can get video of so many things so quickly today and not see this or Epstein.

Take a look at the screengrab.  I always thought the glass should be inside.  Looks like quite a bit on the outside but I'm not CSI.

image.png.57fd1c59abc09df96ec21d21a191a156.png

If you smash a window much of the glass falls down onto the frame and some ends up inside and some outside.  I know this because I helped my daughter clean up after a break-in at her store.  The thieves broke the window by throwing a large rock through it.  The rock ended up inside the store, but maybe as much as 1/2 the glass was outside on the sidewalk.  Also if the perp used the hammer to smash the window he could have used the claw part to clear a larger opening, and the more natural motion would be to use the claws to pull the glass out rather that to push it in.

(edited)
36 minutes ago, GeorgiaDon said:

If you smash a window much of the glass falls down onto the frame and some ends up inside and some outside.  I know this because I helped my daughter clean up after a break-in at her store.  The thieves broke the window by throwing a large rock through it.  The rock ended up inside the store, but maybe as much as 1/2 the glass was outside on the sidewalk.  Also if the perp used the hammer to smash the window he could have used the claw part to clear a larger opening, and the more natural motion would be to use the claws to pull the glass out rather that to push it in.

Hi Don,

Well, that is not how Donald Trump sees it.

He says most of the glass was outside & that means it was a break-out.

I mean, he is the expert on everything, right?

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  If I could be a decent on-screen reader, I would not have to do all of these edits.  Sheeese.

Edited by JerryBaumchen

1 minute ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Don,

Well, that not how Donald Trump sees it.

He says most of the glass was inside & that means it was a break-out.

Jerry Baumchen

Only way to settle this is to get an expert cop on the case: Herschel Walker.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, GeorgiaDon said:

Agreed.  Any thoughts on the lack of video?

(edited)
1 hour ago, ryoder said:

Only way to settle this is to get an expert cop on the case: Herschel Walker.

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Don,

Well, that is not how Donald Trump sees it.

He says most of the glass was outside & that means it was a break-out.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  If I could be a decent on-screen reader, I would not have to do all of these edits.  Sheeese.

You called it.

Edited by Phil1111

5 hours ago, airdvr said:

?? The video exists, and the family has been able to see it.  Since they own it (it was from a private security camera) they are under no obligation to share it.

No doubt it will come up during the trial, and then there will be a public record of it.

10 hours ago, airdvr said:

No. I have thoughts on how far down the Alex Jones rabbit hole you have to be to think this was all faked, but you don’t want to hear them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

Not saying it was faked.  I am saying there is possibly more to the story than will be revealed.

And why would we need more details than the fact that it was publicly declared ahead of time and then executed? If there were zero injuries and Paul Pelosi were smirking one might wonder, but last I heard he is still in the hospital. He didn’t deserve this. His wife would not have if she had been there.

Consider what your reaction would have been had it been a little old couple down the street, and then consider why, with the declarations ahead of time by dePape, why your reaction shouldn’t be the same  

Wendy P. 

2 hours ago, airdvr said:

Not saying it was faked.  I am saying there is possibly more to the story than will be revealed.

Then why are you talking about the glass on the outside of the door? What were you suggesting if not that the break in was faked?

I think this is a perfect example of the current assault on democracy because it’s rooted in a fundamental refusal of one side to accept reality. I heard an example recently that you can’t have legitimate political discourse anymore when this happens. We can all disagree on solutions and policies and that’s fine, no matter whether a policy is good or bad we can talk about it. But where we used to have one side saying they want a traffic light on this road and one side saying they don’t, now we have one side saying they want a traffic light and the other side saying the road doesn’t exist.

In this case we have the Pelosi’s, the SF PD, the Capitol PD and the suspect himself saying he broke into the Pelosi’s home to kidnap Nancy. It’s true. It happened. And the right say it’s faked. Or if it’s not faked he was Paul’s male hooker. Or if he wasn’t a hooker he was let in the house first then tried to break out. Or if it wasn’t that it was something else - because the only thing we know for sure is that what every single person involved says is the truth isn’t the truth. What do you do with that? How do you talk to that? 

Like with Epstein. There isn’t a Republican alive who hasn’t voted against prison reform, or any funding to stop them from turning into overcrowded, understaffed and under resourced hellscapes yet when an at risk prisoner is failed by chronically overworked staff who just don’t give a fuck anymore they’re shocked that the system doesn’t work perfectly and the only explanation must be a Clinton conspiracy. It’s utter bullshit.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, jakee said:

What were you suggesting if not that the break in was faked?

Get up to speed would you? He is suggesting that DePape was a prostitute hired by Pelosi and that they had a quarrel. The glass was then smashed from the inside to make it look like a break in and to cover up Mr. Pelosi's sexual adventure. REALLY, that is what is being pedaled here and airdvr seems to be willing to allude to this sickening bullshit. Very disappointing because sometimes he seems to mostly be reasonably normal. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, airdvr said:

Of course there is. The cops & the Pelosis are under no obligation to release the entire story to the media.

There are lots of reasons they wouldn't (one that comes to mind it that releasing all the video would let everyone know exactly where the cameras are located). 

If this goes to trial (it may or may not, a guilty plea is a pretty obvious possibility), more will be revealed. But not everything. It's pretty rare that every detail is made public. 

I find it pretty disgusting (not surprising) that the alt-right is going straight down the 'dumbass' rabbithole, trying to make Pelosi the aggressor. Trying to pretend that their own fucking rhetoric isn't responsible for this idiot attacking someone. 

One a side note, Seen elsewhere (paraphrased):
It's becoming more and more apparent that the alt-right considers these fools 'useful idiots' to be used and discarded. The Jan 6 insurrectionists got to see Steve Bannon pardoned, while they sit in jail or prison.
The fool that attacked Pelosi got wound up by all his 'friends', was so deeply conned that he committed multiple felonies, and is now being called a 'gay prostitute' by those who were responsible for his brainwashing.

• Like 2

My point is the lack of video recording.  I think there's a strong possibility Epstein was "suicided" by an individual or individuals he could hurt the most.  Some pretty powerful folks making the flights.  History is loaded with the extreme steps those in power will take to remain in power.

Pelosi's home is recorded by Capital Police.  If there is video of a break-in it ought to be easy enough to see.  The internet is lousy with that type of video.  A simple clip of the perp smashing the windows is all it would take.

I would really love to see that video.  Perhaps we never will but it might go a long way towards shutting down some of the useful idiots.

26 minutes ago, jakee said:

Like with Epstein. There isn’t a Republican alive who hasn’t voted against prison reform, or any funding to stop them from turning into overcrowded, understaffed and under resourced hellscapes yet when an at risk prisoner is failed by chronically overworked staff who just don’t give a fuck anymore they’re shocked that the system doesn’t work perfectly and the only explanation must be a Clinton conspiracy. It’s utter bullshit.

I wasn't aware video recorders are understaffed and overworked.