bnacrazywoman

DZs That Lie About Their Weekly Jump Numbers

Yeah, I guess you are right. It really doesn't compare to killing your wife and burning her body or building one of the biggest DZs in the country entirely with drug money.

BN

If you are going to make wild accusations how about you have the guts to put a name down...other wise move along

The names are very well known. Ask around.;)

Kids these days... No respect for the glorious history of the sport! ;)

ok here's me asking. :P Whatcha all talking about? I'm curious about the scandalous past.

why did a bunch of START jumpers jump to the defensive so quickly? seems weird

Not weird. I'm guessing they know why the OP posted what she did. I'm not saying it's because they know that Start lies about their business, but because they must know why she has an axe to grind with Start.

They're right, Start has the online manifest thingy, and anyone can keep track of how many loads they fly, and what extactly are on those loads. If they were going to lie about something, it should be something less transparent than that.

Beyond that, it's my understanding that Start has been very busy this season, and seeing as they have no real local competition, I'm not sure who they would be lying to anyway.

It seems odd to me that the OP, with 7000+ jumps in 10 years still gives a crap about this, or would even reference the Mullins or Nelson stories, which were both well before her time. Mike Mullins was tried and found not guilty in a court of law, and in this country, that's all it takes. Roger Nelson did time for the crimes he committed. He got out, and opened a DZ which has been in business long enough that if there was funny business with the books or investment capital, it would have surfaced long ago. On top of that, the guy passed years ago, and the DZ is now run by his children. Should we blame Rook and Melissa for what their father did before they were born?

I wasn't referring to you, sorry. I wish there could be just a general "reply to thread" option.
my bad, son.

In those cases, you can edit the "Subject" line to remove the person's name. That way it doesn't directly reference anyone, and is presumed then to be a generalized response.

To the other poster who complained about the "anonymous" original post - if you click on the person's screen name, it will bring up their profile, and their real name is shown there. So they are not hiding behind anonymity at all.

To the other poster who complained about the "anonymous" original post - if you click on the person's screen name, it will bring up their profile, and their real name is shown there. So they are not hiding behind anonymity at all.

...AND, if you are a USPA group member, you can cross reference the posted license number and get all kinds of information.

just sayin' :D

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

why did a bunch of START jumpers jump to the defensive so quickly? seems weird.

Not really...it's a numbers game. Start has several hundred regular jumpers and staff. So 1 out of several hundred responding isn't weird.

What one might consider weird, is 2 people from competing DZs, whose number of jumpers combined still totals less than 100, has posted to this thread. Hmmm.

This is a stupid argument. As Lepka already mentioned anyone can view Starts loads online and check the numbers for themselves. If that's not enough, anyone can drive out there and see for themselves. It's not hard to confirm their numbers once you see the crowd, as well as the fact they have been running back to back loads on two turbine aircraft.

This is just another thread to grind an ax.

Edit to add: In fact, I just checked their online manifest, and as of 12:30PM EST they have already flown 9 Grand Caravan loads..on a Thursday morning no less.

Jump more post less.
Fiend

I am about to take my last voyage, a great leap in the dark. - Thomas Hobbes.

Mike Mullins was tried for killing his wife. He was found not guilty.

Roger Nelson went to jail for drug trafficking. He was the founder of Skydive Chicago.

See folks, it's not that hard.

I think Roger actually got it for tax evasion. Something about a few million dollars of gold buried in his yard.

And let's not forget Andy Thornton. He went to skydiver heaven on some guy's driveway with 70 pounds of fresh-off-the-plane (literally) coke as his front bumper. Ruined an expensive pair of night vision goggles too, but since he went in with nothing out, I figure they didn't work all that well anyway.

And how 'bout Bob "BoBo" Branch, who "rented his DC-3 out for the winter". Did a few years in the big house for that one.

Of course these could all be part of the same novel, should it ever get written.;)
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

If this is Start that's being talked about, does anyone have any comments about the other alleged allegations?

a) Not pay their federal taxes
b) Not pay for their aircraft leases
c) Leave an unpaid $60,000 electric/phone bill at the previous airport they were parasites at, when they ran off in the middle of the night
d) Think nothing of stealing a rival DZ's email listing for their own use

Bolas "No dog in this fight" Rodriguez
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

You know John, you can write whatever name you want there. I think you can figure out that my name is not John Doe. ;)

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

Roger Nelson went to jail for drug trafficking. He was the founder of Skydive Chicago.

I think Roger actually got it for tax evasion. Something about a few million dollars of gold buried in his yard.

And let's not forget Andy Thornton. He went to skydiver heaven on some guy's driveway with 70 pounds of fresh-off-the-plane (literally) coke as his front bumper. Ruined an expensive pair of night vision goggles too, but since he went in with nothing out, I figure they didn't work all that well anyway.

And how 'bout Bob "BoBo" Branch, who "rented his DC-3 out for the winter". Did a few years in the big house for that one.

Of course these could all be part of the same novel, should it ever get written.;)

How could you forget Dead Ted Mayfield.:P

Let me correct one thing. Turns out these scoundrels did pay their aircraft leases, but only after threat of lawsuit and weeks to literally months after the fact. Chew on that for a bit.

Additionally, for those who think you know me and where I am from, let me give you an update. I retired 5 months ago and have since moved on. My loyalties are definitely elsewhere.

As for you Kool-aide drinkers at Start Skydiving. Wake up already--you are making the diehards at Jonestown seem rational.

BN

Of course these could all be part of the same novel, should it ever get written.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How could you forget Dead Ted Mayfield.

And David "COWBOY" Williams...
HAVE FUN...
...JUST DONT DIE

and have since moved on.

Apparently you have not moved on. You came to us with his thread. Apparently you have something you want to get off your chest. So spill it already or close your account. After all, you've moved on.
John
Arizona Hiking Trails

Of course these could all be part of the same novel, should it ever get written.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sighh. And my old DZO, who got arrested for taking a shot at his wife. He used to bust students' balls for daring to request the rigs with the AADs, or for riding the plane down instead of jumping when the oil pressure conked at 1,700 ft. He was a prick; but no, I'm not going to name him.

Skydivers on the fringe of legality. What a novel concept.
Don't we have better things to do with our time?

If this is Start that's being talked about, does anyone have any comments about the other alleged allegations?

a) Not pay their federal taxes There is a thread about it in the Bonfire
b) Not pay for their aircraft leasesIf this is about the King air it was a Third Party issue, they paid the third party, the third party didn't pay the lease
c) Leave an unpaid $60,000 electric/phone bill at the previous airport they were parasites at, when they ran off in the middle of the night money no idea, but they aren't parasites, they brought a lot of money in and slowly moved to middle town over the course of four months, while jumping in Lebanon Warren County still.
d) Think nothing of stealing a rival DZ's email listing for their own use This has been addressed and been believed to be solved 4 years ago, the GM had his membership listing and used that. Supposedly. The one accused of the theft denied it and nothing could be proven.

Bolas "No dog in this fight" Rodriguez

An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

How could you forget Dead Ted Mayfield.:P

You got me there, Grimmie.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Sighh. And my old DZO, who got arrested for taking a shot at his wife. He used to bust students' balls for daring to request the rigs with the AADs, or for riding the plane down instead of jumping when the oil pressure conked at 1,700 ft. He was a prick; but no, I'm not going to name him.

Skydivers on the fringe of legality. What a novel concept.
Don't we have better things to do with our time?

Are we just talking about DZO's or skydivers in general? If we are talking about skydivers in general, we cannot forget Fred the pot cave guy. That was one impressive operation. :D:D

j
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

You know John, you can write whatever name you want there. I think you can figure out that my name is not John Doe. ;)

It's an unusual last name - not the kind that someone wold make up. And I believe it's real because I know this person. I've attended a Nationals competition with them. I've followed their progress in the results in subsequent Nationals in which I was absent. They've been around a while now. The name is well known in certain quarters.

why did a bunch of START jumpers jump to the defensive so quickly? seems weird

Beyond that, it's my understanding that Start has been very busy this season, and seeing as they have no real local competition, I'm not sure who they would be lying to anyway.

There are more than a few DZ's around Start...... mine is one of them. I do not know who is being talked about but I take offense to this statement Dave :(;) Some people do not want to jump at the gigantic DZ's. B|

As for Start.....
It sounds like Gene has had his hands full this season with John in the pokey but I know jumpers there and I know they have been busy. As busy as they claim? Who knows... I will let them track that as they see fit.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

Ted Mayfield is an Army Special Forces veteran, former pilot, competitive skydiver, skydiving instructor, and ex-convict who served time for negligent homicide after several of his students died when their parachutes failed to open. His criminal record also includes armed robbery and transportation of stolen aircraft.[134] He was suggested repeatedly as a suspect early in the investigation, according to FBI Agent Ralph Himmelsbach, who knew Mayfield from a prior dispute at a local airport. He was ruled out, based partly on the fact that he called Himmelsbach less than two hours after Flight 305 landed in Reno to volunteer advice on standard skydiving practices and possible landing zones.[135]

In 2006 two amateur researchers named Daniel Dvorak and Matthew Myers proposed him as a suspect once again, and attracted coverage from a Portland television station[136] and the syndicated program Inside Edition.[137] They claimed they had assembled a convincing circumstantial case that would be presented in detail in a forthcoming book. (Among other things, they theorized that Mayfield called Himmelsbach not to offer advice, but to establish an alibi; and they challenged Himmelsbach's assertion that Mayfield could not possibly have found a phone in time to call the FBI less than four hours after jumping into the wilderness at night.[137]) Mayfield denied any involvement, and repeated a previous assertion—that the FBI called him five times while the hijacking was still in progress to ask about skydiving techniques. (Himmelsbach said the FBI never called Mayfield.[138]) Mayfield further charged that Dvorak and Myers asked him to play along with their theory, and “we’ll all make a lot of money.” (Dvorak and Myers called any inference of collusion a “blatant lie.”[137])

Dvorak died in 2007,[139] and the pair’s investigation and book apparently died with him. The FBI has offered no comment beyond Himmelsbach's original statement that Mayfield, who still resides in Sheridan, Oregon, was ruled out as a suspect early on.[135]

This is off of the DB Cooper Wiki site. And if you ask who DB Cooper is, well....